Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

more teams signing players

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So f***ing WHAT?

I fed up with this SHIT about how other teams are buying players and we aren't. How INEPT do you think McGhee and Knight are? We've signed a very promising striker (nearly) and have 5 loan signings available. We haven't the money to actually sign anyone and loans will make up the bulk of our incoming players this year.

Quit worrying about what everyone else is doing, it doesn't matter.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
well it does if you want your team to stay up. we were very poor last season with this team, as opposed to last time we were in div 2, and have a weaker side this time round.

and all the other 23 teams have 5 loan signings too.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
So f***ing WHAT?

I fed up with this SHIT about how other teams are buying players and we aren't. How INEPT do you think McGhee and Knight are? We've signed a very promising striker (nearly) and have 5 loan signings available. We haven't the money to actually sign anyone and loans will make up the bulk of our incoming players this year.

The voice of reason! :clap: :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
saafend_seagull said:
well it does if you want your team to stay up. we were very poor last season with this team, as opposed to last time we were in div 2, and have a weaker side this time round.

and all the other 23 teams have 5 loan signings too.

I do want us to stay up and think we can. I also realise that everyone else has 5 loan signings. What you must remeber is that McGhee ha a lot of mates in the game, as does Knight. I firmly believe that we'll see 3/4 new faces before the Reading game, just trust em if you can.

Danny Coyne is shit anyway, wouldn't want him.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Agreed Chappers, too many people on here worrying about shit signings for other clubs:

WE HAVE NO MONEY

WE WILL USE THE LOAN SYSTEM

PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY AT SHITTY WITHDEAN AND TRAIN AT ON A SPORTS FIELD

wake up and smell the roses people, we are one of the most undesirable clubs to play for in Div1 and it will take alot to get new players here. Besides, if Falmers turned down then what? you gonna moan about no new players then?

(aimed at people in general not just the topic started)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lighten up people

nothing concerning football matters.

all that matters is FALMER

If we lose every game next year it doesn't matter. Be thankful we are playing at all. In fact if it was me I would get rid of everyone that will command a fee, ie Knight and Cullip and put the proceeds into the Falmer Fighting fund. if we go into freefall and lose every game until Falmer is built it doesn't matter.

Most of the other teams are signing players because they didn't do very well last year. We got promotion. And have no money.

Let's be honest - McGhee has won more honours than all of us put together. We may not agree with his tactics or his choice of players (David Lee, anyone?) but he sees the players day in, day out. He has coaching qualifications and a good track record at this level. And friends and contacts in the game.

If we plummet to the bottom of the league and stay there, he will lose his job which won't look good on his CV. We all want new players but only if they are good. What's the point of signing another Farrington or Kitson?

The posts that really annoy me are the - I can't believe we didn't sign x - he would have done a job for us. Without knowing the players personal circumstances, wage demands, family arrangements, agent demands. Or McGhees list of priorites. Or an actual assessment of the players talent.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
So f***ing WHAT?

Calm down you plum

He made a valid point about the teams we HAVE to get points off next season strengthening their playing staff

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
If we lose every game next year it doesn't matter

It would matter to me Dave

The grief I took from friends who support other teams when we were losing 12 in row in Div1 season before last was bad enough...........imagine a whole season of defeats ;)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:

The posts that really annoy me are the - I can't believe we didn't sign x - he would have done a job for us. Without knowing the players personal circumstances, wage demands, family arrangements, agent demands. Or McGhees list of priorites. Or an actual assessment of the players talent.

Yeah, that gets at me too.

Just seen that Mark Rivers has dodgy ankles.

Thing is that if Molango had signed the first post could have read....

bobby convey set to join reading, mahete molango (formally of athletico madrid) to join brighton, danny coyne gone to burnley, and rivers on way to crewe.

Sounds alright to me

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'm not so bothered about the fact we have yet to sign a player (though hopefully this will change today) but I am sissapointed with the fact we have had very few trialists so far. I was expecting to see the friendly squads full of potential players, albeit free transfers or out of contract, looking to get earn a contract with a Div 1 club. OK so maybe 90% of trialists may turn out to be c**p but I would hope Mcghee would be able to spot potential in a couple of them and sign them up like Molango. If nothing else it will give the current first team squad a reason to step up their pre season efforts to impress Mcghee and keep their place.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Superseagull

How dare you question Mcghee's friendly policy? remember he has loads of contacts as does Dick Knight theerfore he doesn't need to watch anyone in friendlies. Don't you read the posts above?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
dave the gaffer said:
Superseagull

How dare you question Mcghee's friendly policy? remember he has loads of contacts as does Dick Knight theerfore he doesn't need to watch anyone in friendlies. Don't you read the posts above?

thats nonsense, preseason is exactly the time when teams should have lots of trialists as
a) there are loads of unattached players around
b) preseason friendlys provide as good a test as you can get for seeing how the trialists perform
c)a great chance to see how the trialists fit into the club.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Two players I'd like to see us give at least a trial to are Peter Kennedy and Danny Sonner. Agents have sent letters requesting trials to all division 1 clubs but Barry Fry looks like getting Kennedy who is a good left sided player.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
rubbish.

If you had faith in our management, then you would know that they do not require to see players before they bring them in..ie, Rehman, Yeates, Iwolumo...ah..hang on that defeats my arguement doesn't it?

Over to you chappers/crabbers...tell this man that our management know what they are doing

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Over to you chappers/crabbers...tell this man that our management know what they are doing

Dave my main argument lies on the "players dont want to play for a shit club" argument not entirely on McGhee/Knights hiring ability...I'll leave that one to Chappers :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ah...fair enough crabbers

can't disagree with you there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here