Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Poyet rage as LuLua taken out

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Poyet said: "It's difficult for us to take. There was another mikstake at the back. We need to stop that."

When I first read that, I thought he was going on about milkshakes!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I take it Kaz is ok then?.I bloody hope so.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
He had an ice pack strapped to his leg after coming off yesterday but it didn't look serious. His needs to calm himself down next season otherwise he will spend more time on the stands than the fans will.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He had an ice pack strapped to his leg after coming off yesterday but it didn't look serious. His needs to calm himself down next season otherwise he will spend more time on the stands than the fans will.

I agree in a way but it is great to see a bit of passion from the manager. Also, he has a point. From the sound of it he was sent off against Paris St Germain after complaining that Navarro was booked for shirt pulling. Meanwhile, in the other two games, the Tottenham defender persistently fouled LuaLua and was not booked and yesterday he was stamped on and the player only shown a yellow card. Seems pretty bad refereeing to me (although obviously I wasn't there). As was said on another thread though, sadly we are going to have to get used to LuaLua being targeted. At least we have competition in that position though with Noone and Buckley both options.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Get it out of your system now Gus,for Lua Lua will be a marked man this season and you will have to get used to it...if he gets through his loan spell unscathed i will be surprised.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dreadful challenge and the ref was a total homer and Gus was close to taking the players off - very nearly kicked off badly between the players

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Poyet's no angel, I'm pretty sure it was Freedman that Poyet stamped on actually when we played Spurs in 2003 and he tried protesting his innocence.

The Championship is a pretty violent league with or without a Neil Warnock side, Poyet's going to have to learn that fast.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I took this from the stand, LuaLua seemed to defended himself ok :lol:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311626900.198458.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311626900.198458.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 394

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
i just watched the highlights and lua lua dived in 1St on the guy. and then the bloke stamped on kazenga after

It was a firm challenge from Kaz to be fair but the reaction of the Portuguese cvnt was disgraceful and un-warranted IMO. Also, he raised a hand to Hoskins' face twice which should have sealed his fate and sent him off for an early bath!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Much as I love Gus (fantastic manager so far), I hope his rants against the officials subside this season. We're going to lose more games than last year and the post-match complaints could get very wearing. As a professional sportsman, it's great that he hates losing but losing with good grace would be nice sometimes.

Failing that, let's just win virtually every match again :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Much as I love Gus (fantastic manager so far), I hope his rants against the officials subside this season. We're going to lose more games than last year and the post-match complaints could get very wearing. As a professional sportsman, it's great that he hates losing but losing with good grace would be nice sometimes.

Failing that, let's just win virtually every match again :)

But the challenge which he was in a rage about was a disgrace and he had every right to go mental about it in my view

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i just watched the highlights and lua lua dived in 1St on the guy. and then the bloke stamped on kazenga after

You're spot on, I've not seen the highlights but from seeing it first hand (and I'll put my tin hat on for this one) LuaLua kinda brought the tackle on himself!

Don't get me wrong the tackle the stamp/rake of the studs the number 5 did was awful but LuaLua had lost the ball and left his foot in the tackle before, the number 5 was simply giving him a bit back which is what you want your center half to do be doing. Greer would have done the same thing.

Not disputing the fact that it was an awful tackle which he should have got a sent off for, or if not for that then 3 slaps/pushes he gave Hoskins in the face. I guess it was a friendly though and fair play to the Portuguese manager for taking him off pretty much straight away. BUT LuaLua is going to get that allot and we can't wrap him in cotton wool.

Also agree with trueblue, Gus needs to chill the f*** out otherwise he's going to get sent off every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here