Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More phone in RUBBISH

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
are there any decent albion related calls anymore, in fact, are there any albion related calls anymore. Who cares about some racial abuse in a game full of 12 year old boys?!? It happens...deal with it. This is a bloody albion phone in.....sort it out hart and get some decent albion discussion in there.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why don't you phone in? You have some good insights, show 'em how it's done.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Harty just likes to create a contraversial topic - its ridiculous, and he's ridiculous. I can't be bothered to listen to the phone in anymore, as all there seems to be is half an hour of harty talking, and people who have bothered to phone in stuttering to try and get a word in edgeways.

It needs to be sorted out - harty you have your own "harty's half hour" - let the fans have theirs.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Harty just likes to create a contraversial topic - its ridiculous, and he's ridiculous. I can't be bothered to listen to the phone in anymore, as all there seems to be is half an hour of harty talking, and people who have bothered to phone in stuttering to try and get a word in edgeways.

It needs to be sorted out - harty you have your own "harty's half hour" - let the fans have theirs.

it's nothing short of abysmal at the moment, and I dunno if it is cos of lack of decent people ringing in....

also

Lets discuss the "easy, easy" chants!!! - what would be a good replacement?

pure dirge.

As for this race issue. I think racist abuse is down overall, especially in this country in recent years and I know race hate crimes are down. You will always get racial abuse from white and black people it happens...it's a dull topic to discuss on an albion phone in. I wanna know what went wrong today.

Disagree strongly - well done to Harty for raising what is still a taboo issue. The problem with an area like Sussex, which hasn't experienced large-scale non-white immigration, is that some old attitudes still die very hard. Sussex also remains one of the British strongholds of organised fascist groups like the NF as was and the BNP, and their influence unfortunately cannot be underestimated.

Harty, congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I stopped listening tot he phone in ages ago, mainly because of the absolute MORONS you get on there, some people just have no sense of LIFE in general...FACT

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
London Irish said:
Disagree strongly - well done to Harty for raising what is still a taboo issue. The problem with an area like Sussex, which hasn't experienced large-scale non-white immigration, is that some old attitudes still die very hard. Sussex also remains one of the British strongholds of organised fascist groups like the NF as was and the BNP, and their influence unfortunately cannot be underestimated.

Harty, congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hardly think it's a taboo issue anymore. What the fans phone in is, is a chance for the fans to voice their opinion about the games today, not harty to spout off every single week!

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
I agree with you dwayne. It happens, it's being dealt with, why keep going on about it? :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on the moaner about people standing up....:angry:

Talk about the game :angry:

And before someone says it, No I won't phone in. I sound like a buffoon, and I didn't go to the game.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Topical subject in local sport - nothing wrong with that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Beach Hut said:
Topical subject in local sport - nothing wrong with that.

agreed but when it's overtaking albion talk (which we get precious little of any kind of media, national or local) it's VERY frustrating.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dwayne said:
agreed but when it's overtaking albion talk (which we get precious little of any kind of media, national or local) it's VERY frustrating.

Don't disagree with that statement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Joshua = Beach Hut FACT :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You are one ball short of an over old chap - but you are also on form most of the time :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thank f*** Joshua is talking about the albion.

Was getting ready to cringe when a little white boy called up. Was expecting something along the lines of "us 7 years olds are not all racists":rolleyes:

oh no I spoke too soon, harty's trying to get him talking about it:rolleyes: :lolol:

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I hardly think it's a taboo issue anymore. What the fans phone in is, is a chance for the fans to voice their opinion about the games today, not harty to spout off every single week!

Ok, I've been quite critical of Harty in the past, but I would defend him here. Early on in the phone-in, as people are still leaving the ground, there is a bit of a lull. I think this is a good time for Harty to introduce some "burning" topics to get discussion going, it was the same the other day with the Goldstone/shopping debate, which worked very well and produced that excellent call from Charlie Webb's daughter.

We will have to disagree about whether racism is a taboo debate, in some unenlightened parts of this county, I regret to say I think it is.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Very interesting debate, but more airtime should have gone to the footie.. I turned the radio off and just had a chat about the game with the people in the car.

I'm not saying its not interesting or worth listening too, just that I was in 'football mode' and wanted to discuss the Albions performance.

dwayne said:

It was an incident that took place in a youth football game in Sussex. How much more local do you want?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here