Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Maradonna nonsense in todays argus

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
KinkyGoebels said:
A russian taking over Chelsea hours before they went bust then pumping billions into then.

They werent going bust Matthew Harding had pumped a fair bit of cash into Chelsea before his death, Abramovich just carried it on albeit on a much larger budget! :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
AJ's Love Monkey said:
They werent going bust Matthew Harding had pumped a fair bit of cash into Chelsea before his death, Abramovich just carried it on albeit on a much larger budget! :rolleyes:

erm they were - no he hadnt

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club havent helped by saying that DK is on holiday in Spain and it is a pure coinicidence.

Why have the TV either Meridian or BBC South not got a direct quote from Steve Perryman so as to kill the rumour if it is false.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
The club havent helped by saying that DK is on holiday in Spain and it is a pure coinicidence.

Why have the TV either Meridian or BBC South not got a direct quote from Steve Perryman so as to kill the rumour if it is false.

Or confirm it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
AJ's Love Monkey said:

Wrong Harding only offered to lend them money at a very high rate becaiuse all other sources had dried up very much like The Provident do to bad paying housewives wanting a cash loan.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
erm they were - no he hadnt

Erm they werent check your facts Kinky, Abramovich took over shortly after Harding died Chelsea Village which was Ken Bates' White Elephant was losing money but Chelsea FC were on a sure footing. The Russian wiped out the £97m that Chelsea Village owed when he took over (pulled it out of his back bin no doubt!) :rolleyes:

KinkyGoebels said:
How do you know the club have found out through the press?

They are well within there rights to deny any knowing of it

Because I don't believe the spokesmen of the club - Insider, Perry - are liars.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Erm they werent check your facts Kinky, Abramovich took over shortly after Harding died Chelsea Village which was Ken Bates' White Elephant was losing money but Chelsea FC were on a sure footing. The Russian wiped out the £97m that Chelsea Village owed when he took over (pulled it out of his back bin no doubt!) :rolleyes:

harding diead in 95 or 96

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chelsea were 24 hours from going bust when Abramovich stepped in.

Chelsea Village owned Chelsea FC and as is often done the parent company provide the balance sheets etc and the subsiduarys do not have to. I think that I am right on this but no doubt somebody will correct me.

I am going by what I know happened with CPFC when Raymond Bloye (Matthew Butchers) owned them they were never compelled to produce accounts for CPFC only the butchers.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Chelsea were 24 hours from going bust when Abramovich stepped in.

Chelsea Village owned Chelsea FC and as is often done the parent company provide the balance sheets etc and the subsiduarys do not have to. I think that I am right on this but no doubt somebody will correct me.

I am going by what I know happened with CPFC when Raymond Bloye (Matthew Butchers) owned them they were never compelled to produce accounts for CPFC.

I stand corrected then i thought CV and CFC were separate companies but i could be wrong and it looks like i am :blush:

BensGrandad said:
I agree but this is coming from somebody who kept slating me when I suggested it would happen and all
they could write was 'give us a name'.

No, you kept implying that there were people out there who were being cold-shouldered by the current board. And you still haven't given us their names, because this was fantasy on your part.

Of course if something of value is created by the investment of the current board, others are going to want to buy into it with the view to making money out of it.

The key thing to remember about the Perryman/Miller advice to Ardiles/Maradona is that they view the club as currently undervalued given it might have permission for a stadium in a very short while. Dick Knight is going to have a hell of a job trying to figure out who are the new generation of short-term asset-strippers and who are genuine long-term investors.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here