Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More manager rumours

Although the prospect of seeing Paul Brooker telling Charlie Oatway to "fekin well get stuck in" would be worth the price of my season ticket. LOL LOL LOL LOL (inthe absence of smilies!)

G

what are your thoughts on steve cotterill, ex albion player, experienced at the job can probably handle things comfortably at this level. would he be a good replacement for s.c. if he finally decides to go (stop hanging it out mate) or i say a bit tongue in cheek decides to stay! or should we have faith in bob booker assisted by dean wilkins. done an excellent job with the youth teams, should these guys be given the opportunity to excell themselves, personally i think we should give the latter a go, who else knows these players capabilities better
than these two guys?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every time I've read anything about Mansfield this season it's been about players getting into fights or being sent off. One of them bit a Swansea player I believe.

Don't fancy him much (he was a crap player too, can't believe he ever played for England).

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
BrightonBird said:
That's what I meant as too much of a risk. That is why I thought Brooker could have a more in depth role so when Adams leaves to a bigger club, Brooker will have more faith in himself, as will us fans.

I don't see it as a risk - I see it as an opportunity.... new, young, inexperienced manager (Adams?) comes in and has the rest of the season to show what he is made of. He has to use all his skills and guile to keep the team at the top as we are skint. If he is a success (not necessarily getting promotion but pushing for it) then next season, after Falmer is given the green light, he will have some cash to invest in the team and prove himself an astute manager in that sense. If it doesn't work out we aren't going to get relegated with the players we have and if we don't get promoted this year it isn't the end of the world..... I think it is set up ideally for Adams to get his chance.....

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Please can we avoid someone with NO managerial experience!! Div Two is not the hardest division in the world if you are fit, organised and have a boss who has been around a bit. Let's not gamble with someone who may pull apart the team we've got and ruin it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here