Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Frigging Slimeballs (not LDC either).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm talking about ITV. Didn't have any money to honour ITV Sport's deal with the Football League clubs but manage to find £175 Million to buy Friends Reunited:angry:

ITV Plc, Britain's largest commercial television broadcaster, agreed to buy Web site operator Friends Reunited Ltd. for as much as 175 million pounds ($304 million) to reduce its reliance on traditional TV advertising.

AND-they've got the frigging nerve to want to be considered for some of the Premiershite rights too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I just can't see how they can make that money back. They might as well have just burned it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
They should not be allowed to bid for ANY football contract until they have honoured their last one. Surely the FA/Football league should enforce this. Otherwise what message does this send out?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lammy said:
They should not be allowed to bid for ANY football contract until they have honoured their last one. Surely the FA/Football league should enforce this. Otherwise what message does this send out?

I don't think that the Football League can do anything about it: ITV Digital was a separate company. You could argue that ITV was morally obliged to pay compensation to the league clubs but there was no legal imperative to do so.

The message that it sends out is that the people who run ITV have no sense of honesty, morality or decency - but then, we knew that.

Still, I think that's far too much to pay and I reckon they're going to come unstuck on that.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gwylan said:

The message that it sends out is that the people who run ITV have no sense of honesty, morality or decency - but then, we knew that.

Replace "ITV" with any corporate and you're correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here