Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More deception in the Argus Letters Page

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the same way the council didnt sell the land in Mile Oak off Fox Way to Barratts for housing?

Everyone has their price

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The City Council have surely spent a tidy sum on their attendance at the inquiries, to be fair.

As to the value of the land, I doubt very much if it would be worth £15M with it's current designation under the local plan. I believe in return for the (lease of the) land the council get a share in the stadium company, don't they? They're not giving it to anybody.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
But the only wrath has come from the village next to the site. It would have made no difference in the slightest. The people that write into the Arsegas stating that it will ruin a pretty village and leave ducks homeless have lost their marbles andf thankfully they have no say in the matter, in the slightest. If you think none of this would have happened if we had altered the name, then that is pure madness. :O
No, being serious I tend to agree with you, i don't think it would have made a fart of difference. But to some people names matter, I always know everytime I hear a school with the name 'Media' in its title that it's just a failed hooligan-factory that's been re-branded in a desparate attempt to make people forget its past. Whilst the title 'East Brighton Stadium' would have fooled nobody, certainly not locally, it SOUNDS more urban and less environmentally-damaging than 'the stadium by the edge of Falmer Village'.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lord Bracknell said:
If people are REALLY looking for an example of development that has RUINED the Downs, I can think of no better example than Longridge Avenue, Saltdean, home of Mr Summerfield.

:eek: What's wrong with Longridge? Apart from being too steep for my liking.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:
so Falmer is not a village then? It was when I did my A level History project about Anne of Cleves and the lands given to her by Henry V111 and the church dedicated in her honour at Falmer!

Perhaps history has been rewritten.

I am slightly leaning towards Gareth here, in that the naming of the project "Falmer" was a bit daft

You know what I mean Dave. You Slut Faced Whore :angry: :angry: :angry:

I mean people see Falmer and think we are going to build over the village!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
garry nelsons left foot said:
:eek: What's wrong with Longridge? Apart from being too steep for my liking.
The Spanish Lady, for starters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It should have been the Moulescoombe stadium!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here