Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More cr@p coming out from Southampton

Yoda

English & European
Theo Walcott Turned Down Real Madrid

Theo Walcott turned down a move to Real Madrid and a number of Premiership clubs in the summer in favour of staying with the Saints.

The 16-year-old is starting to make a name for himself after breaking into the Southampton first team but it has now been revealed the player could have been in Madrid this season, had things turned out different.

"There was an enquiry from Real Madrid in the summer," his Spanish intermediary Colin Gordon revealed.

"And he could have gone to Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Liverpool. Everyone was aware of Theo but he chose to stay [at Southampton]."

-----------------------

Yeah! Right! :lolol:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Why is it crap? He is being touted as a real prospect who will play for England, so what is to say the top clubs were not sniffing around?

can't believe im gonna say it but i actually agree with uncle buck....:eek:

Yoda

English & European
Uncle Buck said:
Why is it crap? He is being touted as a real prospect who will play for England, so what is to say the top clubs were not sniffing around?

That he turned them down.

With all the money in football at the moment, any kid with half a brain, being touted as the next Rooney would jump at the chance.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yoda said:
That he turned them down.

With all the money in football at the moment, any kid with half a brain, being touted as the next Rooney would jump at the chance.

Why? You go to a big club, sit in the youth team, then the reserves, get the odd appearance of a sub or in the Carling Cup. Then get loaned out, play in the lower leagues, then get sold to Villa. Or as a 16 year old you stay at your local club, play first team games, get recognition, representative honours and move on a more developed player.

It has hardly done Carlton Cole any favours staying at Chelsea, Upson had to leave Arsenal to get his chance.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's agents isn't it. Placing the stories, upping the hype, making stuff up...

For once I even agreed with Simon Jordan in the paper this Sunday:

"Theo Walcott's agency wrote last week to call me ignorant for suggesting that telling the press their 16-year-old boy would be 'flattered' to talk to Premiership clubs wasn't in his best interests.

"The agent said they don't want Walcott to move, that I should stop my 'nonsensical bluster' and 'face up to reality that agents are here to stay'. He explained how his agency was working positively with academies, and then offered to work for me, free of charge. Christ. Let's be clear: in my opinion no owner in their right mind would willingly invite an average agent into his academy, any more than a brothel owner would let a syphilitic nutter into his brothel.

"I simply repeat what I said last time: commercially motivated agents have no place around kids.

"But if Walcott's still at Southampton by the time he's 18, and not making the £8million January move to Chelsea, which someone continues to place stories about in the tabloids, I'll apologise, humbly, for picking on one agency that disproves the rule."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
jermaine pennant is the perfect example of why not to leave at such a young age(joined arsenal at 15). he would have been very well advised to stay at southampton for the time being. hes 16, not 26, he has no need to rush in decisions yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here