Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Argus letters

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Letter: Two birds, one plan
While I have always had a soft spot for Brighton and Hove Albion, it should abandon its foolish plan to build a stadium in the heart of beautiful, open downland.

With so many people up in arms about the Gehry proposals, why not kill two birds with one stone? With his talent for improvisation, I'm sure he could easily build a spanking new football ground - and the menacingly tall towers of his King Alfred design could hold the floodlights.

How about it, Mr Bodfish?

-I McCracken, Hove

Here's a phrase for you Mr McCracken...
"It's too late! Keep up or go home..."

Jam The Man said:
Letter: Two birds, one plan
While I have always had a soft spot for Brighton and Hove Albion, it should abandon its foolish plan to build a stadium in the heart of beautiful, open downland.

With so many people up in arms about the Gehry proposals, why not kill two birds with one stone? With his talent for improvisation, I'm sure he could easily build a spanking new football ground - and the menacingly tall towers of his King Alfred design could hold the floodlights.

How about it, Mr Bodfish?

-I McCracken, Hove

Here's a phrase for you Mr McCracken...
"It's too late! Keep up or go home..."
Here's another phrase Mr McCrack"go and take your head for a shit"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm sure his real name is Phil...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
And they moan about the "trafic problems" that Falmer will make. Imagine 22000 fans along the seafront. Now that would by traffic mayhem.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we just kill these retards. Maybe we could carry out scientific tests on them like they do with animals.

After all there is only one way to see if things will work on humans.

Last edited:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Letter: Stop your bleating
There's more than one site in Brighton and only one of them is Falmer. It is a beautiful village and it would be a shame to put a stadium there, apart from the fact the site is too small and has already been rejected.

And another:

The renewed enquiry was to see if any alternative sites were better. Why not wait for that result instead of bleating on about Falmer?

A better site would satisfy nearly everyone - I can't imagine most Albion fans care where a new stadium goes, as long as it is built somewhere.

I see the 1999 referendum has been brought up again. Remind me - were we invited to choose between several sites or was Falmer the only one mentioned?

If so, it's a bit like voting for free beer (I'd vote for that any time).

-Ed Bishop, Brighton

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Scarface said:
-Ed Bishop, Brighton

Isn't he dead?

2513_s.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Letter: Stop your bleating
There's more than one site in Brighton and only one of them is Falmer. It is a beautiful village and it would be a shame to put a stadium there, apart from the fact the site is too small and has already been rejected.

The site isn't too small, the architects have quite easily plonked a 23k capacity plan on it! And a stadium at Falmer has never been rejected.

The renewed enquiry was to see if any alternative sites were better. Why not wait for that result instead of bleating on about Falmer?

Yes, please stop bleating on about Falmer.

A better site would satisfy nearly everyone - I can't imagine most Albion fans care where a new stadium goes, as long as it is built somewhere.

Where is this near mythical alternative site again?

I see the 1999 referendum has been brought up again. Remind me - were we invited to choose between several sites or was Falmer the only one mentioned?

You could have voted 'No' to a stadium in Brighton, you could also have voted 'Yes' to a stadium in Brighton and 'No' to Falmer. Muppet.

If so, it's a bit like voting for free beer (I'd vote for that any time).

Me too!

-Ed Bishop, Brighton

Last edited:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
McCracken was a spoof.
A mate of mine wrote it. His idea was to see if the Argus would print any old crap, even if it repeated known lies ("beautiful, open downland"), contained impossible rubbish (King Alfred Gehry stadium), and came from a non-existent resident, with [checkable, remember] fake name, address and phone number supplied. I McCracken UPper Drive, etc (geddit?).

The Argus did its stuff. Which denied space to more Nimby whingers.

The moral? Never believe anything you read in the papers. We Will Win.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i AM wriTING to say THat I AM certiaN WivdEEN shoud BE albioNS GROUnd if nOT ANYOne foughT OFF wateRHAll

Eddie Bishop
Kings Manor, Brighton
Aged 7 - 25 metres breaststroke , cycling profisancy

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Uncle Spielberg said:
i AM wriTING to say THat I AM certiaN WivdEEN shoud BE albioNS GROUnd if nOT ANYOne foughT OFF wateRHAll

Eddie Bishop
Kings Manor, Brighton
Aged 7 - 25 metres breaststroke , cycling profisancy

C'mon, Gareth. Anybody would know it's you, with giveaway spelling like that! Presumably you'll send it anyway? :D

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Curious Orange said:
One nil to me for spotting it then!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

LOL... nice one.. thought it was too ridiculous to be true!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here