Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"morale down" orlandi

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would, unfortunately the vibes are not good and I fear a tonking may be on the cards to a big physical McCarthy team. What then I wonder?

100% agreed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ipswich will smash us three nil. And we can all naval gaze.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A lot of teams who lack morale have team bonding sessions or party's with a fancy dress theme . It's gets everyone together and as one it can help . How about a onesie themed party ( Brighton ones being optional ) ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Was pretty alarming to hear him say that after the game, they better snap out of it fast otherwise this season will find themselves thinking more about staying above the relegation zone than trying to get into the top 6. I think Bloom has to make a statement of intent in this transfer window.

It was also noticeable about how down CMS was looking in his pre Watford press conference.

Oh well, New Year, new start hopefully.

agree re statement of intent.......harley , sparrow , vincelot , painter out if anyone wants....... quality ,utility full-back , buy........quality cb loan , adgestein out on loan ,he may as well get game time somewhere....jfc back and some fucker who can finish and play ALONGSIDE smudger.........this one up front bollocks has died a death and the whole league has sussed the way we play.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Teams morale is low. Prehaps they have been reading NSC......

If they had been reading NSC I think we would be talking in terms of being suicidal :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Maybe Lewis is not too happy.

Lewis Dunk [MENTION=15917]lewis[/MENTION]dunk
@oatway13 [MENTION=24657]matty[/MENTION]mcgiveron [MENTION=16137]daniel[/MENTION]east1 @yaserkasim Respect Me !!
about 1 hour ago

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When you lose the players in the dressing room and they don't believe in what you are telling them, then it's time to get your coat i'm afraid. Why should we lose 3 or 4 of our best players, when just replacing the cause of the problem would be the solution.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not surprised he said that, it seems to me that people are losing faith in Poyet and that must effect everyone.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've personally spent quite a lot of time each game recently analysing this very thing. I decided that were I in charge atm what would I do, how would I approach things, to decide where our problems lie and came up with one simple observation:

Last season we appeared to lack a degree of on pitch leadership something that can come under many guises.

Players that set by example and never give up - CMS
Players that wow the crowd and inspire others to up their tempo - Buckley, Noone, Lua-Lua
Players that were born to lead others - in the mold of Cullip, Nobby etc. (I've personally left out an example from the current set up as I truly don't believe we have one and therein lies the problem.)

Poyet clearly felt in some part that he agreed with my assesment and attempted to address this particular issue I think by giving us more steel in the midfield with the arrivals of Crofts and Hammond - both ex captains of club and in Hammond recent ex captain of Southampton in their promotion season.

In doing so he clearly felt that we lacked pure influence and leadership. But then why has he not stopped to evaluate his current club captain Gordon Greer? In his first two seasons Greer appeared to be exactly what we had been lacking - sterling grit, excellent organisational abilities and the ability to lead by example with straight forward no nonsence defending. The first season in the Championship meant that Greer was at times tested with the step up in pace, and enhanced technical abilities of the strikers he was facing, but still he seemed to rise to the challenge and grew as the season progressed.

This season I feel we have seen a very different player. His performance levels have just not been to the same high standard. One stand out example that opitimises his recent malaise for me was the last minute equaliser away at Wolves. In times gone by had we gone 2-3 up with less than two minutes to play away from home I would have expected and witnessed a captain who knew that it is in these situations that he earns his corn. Dragging people into position, defending with an all or nothing approach, shouting at players to make it their ball and generally commanding the situation. For whatever reason I feel that Mr Greer just simply hasn't done this. It was his man free at the far post, he wasn't even goal side if memory serves, there were no players on the posts covering, and generally we appeared disorganised and chaotic.

Ever since then when we've conceded i've looked to Greer in matches to watch his body language and he consistently does two things, performs a Schmeicel-esque blame game with pointing and arguing with other players, followed by a slow disconsolate trudge back to his starting position.

Body language says an awful lot about sportsmen and right now from the captain down this team look 'beaten' before they've started.

In general the buck stops with Poyet, but on the pitch the buck stops with the Captain. I'll forgive lack of technical ability but as a fan i'll never forgive a lack of effort and perspicacity so come on Gordon get back your mojo and start ordering people around a bit more and turn this ship around!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Charlie will get them going again, no worries there.

I don't think taking drugs on the eve of a League match is a particularly wise way to solve this. :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I've personally spent quite a lot of time each game recently analysing this very thing. I decided that were I in charge atm what would I do, how would I approach things, to decide where our problems lie and came up with one simple observation:

Last season we appeared to lack a degree of on pitch leadership something that can come under many guises.

Players that set by example and never give up - CMS
Players that wow the crowd and inspire others to up their tempo - Buckley, Noone, Lua-Lua
Players that were born to lead others - in the mold of Cullip, Nobby etc. (I've personally left out an example from the current set up as I truly don't believe we have one and therein lies the problem.)

Poyet clearly felt in some part that he agreed with my assesment and attempted to address this particular issue I think by giving us more steel in the midfield with the arrivals of Crofts and Hammond - both ex captains of club and in Hammond recent ex captain of Southampton in their promotion season.

In doing so he clearly felt that we lacked pure influence and leadership. But then why has he not stopped to evaluate his current club captain Gordon Greer? In his first two seasons Greer appeared to be exactly what we had been lacking - sterling grit, excellent organisational abilities and the ability to lead by example with straight forward no nonsence defending. The first season in the Championship meant that Greer was at times tested with the step up in pace, and enhanced technical abilities of the strikers he was facing, but still he seemed to rise to the challenge and grew as the season progressed.

This season I feel we have seen a very different player. His performance levels have just not been to the same high standard. One stand out example that opitimises his recent malaise for me was the last minute equaliser away at Wolves. In times gone by had we gone 2-3 up with less than two minutes to play away from home I would have expected and witnessed a captain who knew that it is in these situations that he earns his corn. Dragging people into position, defending with an all or nothing approach, shouting at players to make it their ball and generally commanding the situation. For whatever reason I feel that Mr Greer just simply hasn't done this. It was his man free at the far post, he wasn't even goal side if memory serves, there were no players on the posts covering, and generally we appeared disorganised and chaotic.

Ever since then when we've conceded i've looked to Greer in matches to watch his body language and he consistently does two things, performs a Schmeicel-esque blame game with pointing and arguing with other players, followed by a slow disconsolate trudge back to his starting position.

Body language says an awful lot about sportsmen and right now from the captain down this team look 'beaten' before they've started.

In general the buck stops with Poyet, but on the pitch the buck stops with the Captain. I'll forgive lack of technical ability but as a fan i'll never forgive a lack of effort and perspicacity so come on Gordon get back your mojo and start ordering people around a bit more and turn this ship around!

This :)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
team morale is down apparently............who would be responsible for morale then...? gus ..? charlie..? greer ..? i would say the buck stops with gus re team morale.........great time of year for the players to loose focus and frankly the ground starting to empty 20 mins before the whistle is not going to help them is it...?? any talk of writing this season off should be nipped in the bud asap.

WOW. This is an INCREDIBLE revelation. A poorly performing side are feeling bad about it. Well, this is UNPRECENTED. And you're right.... we NEED to find the scapegoat in all this.

***COMING SOON***

Sydney's State The f***ing Obvious Pt 2: If you get too drunk you will feel bad the next day

***TUNE IN NEXT WEEK***

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Perspicacity.

Discuss.

Perspicacity
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Perspicaciousness illustrated by Susan Barrett Price as one of a set of inspirational cards.

Perspicacity (also called perspicaciousness and perspicuity) is a penetrating discernment - a clarity of vision or intellect which provides a deep understanding and insight.[1]

In the 17th century, René Descartes devised systematic rules for clear thinking in his work Regulæ ad directionem ingenii (Rules for the direction of natural intelligence). In Descartes' scheme, intelligence consisted of two faculties: perspicacity, which provided an understanding or intuition of distinct detail; and sagacity, which enabled reasoning about the details in order to make deductions. Rule 9 was De Perspicacitate Intuitionis (On the Perspicacity of Intuition).[2] He summarised the rule as

Oportet ingenii aciem ad res minimas et maxime faciles totam convertere, atque in illis diutius immorari, donec assuescamus veritatem distincte et perspicue intueri.
We should totally focus the vision of the natural intelligence on the smallest and easiest things, and we should dwell on them for a long time, so long, until we have become accustomed to intuiting the truth distinctly and perspicuously.

In his study of the elements of wisdom, the modern psychometrician Robert Sternberg identified perspicacity as one of its six components or dimensions; the other five being reasoning, sagacity, learning, judgement and the expeditious use of information.[3] In his analysis, perspicacity was described as

...has intuition; can offer solutions that are on the side of right and truth; is able to see through things — read between the lines; has the ability to understand and interpret his or her environment.
—Robert J. Sternberg , Wisdom: its nature, origins, and development

In an article dated October 7, 1966, the journal Science discussed NASA scientist-astronaut program recruitment efforts:

To quote an Academy brochure, the quality most needed by a scientist-astronaut is "perspicacity." He must, the brochure says, be able to quickly pick out, from among the thousands of things he sees, those that are significant, and to synthesize observations and develop and test working hypotheses.[4]

Being perspicacious about other people, rather than having false illusions, is a sign of good mental health.[5] The quality is needed in psychotherapists who engage in person-to-person dialogue and counselling of the mentally ill.[6]

The artist René Magritte illustrated the quality in his 1936 painting Perspicacity. The picture shows an artist at work who studies his subject intently: it is an egg. But the painting which he is creating is not of an egg; it is an adult bird in flight.[7]

?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
WOW. This is an INCREDIBLE revelation. A poorly performing side are feeling bad about it. Well, this is UNPRECENTED. And you're right.... we NEED to find the scapegoat in all this.

***COMING SOON***

Sydney's State The f***ing Obvious Pt 2: If you get too drunk you will feel bad the next day

***TUNE IN NEXT WEEK***

no need for that is there .......others have had their say but oh no ,no you ........you'll just be a cock won't you....you have about as much perspicacity as a cauliflower...:wanker:

the bbc obviously thought it was worth reporting.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
no need for that is there .......others have had their say but oh no ,no you ........you'll just be a cock won't you....you have about as much perspicacity as a cauliflower...:wanker:

the bbc obviously thought it was worth reporting.

Its the fact you are trying to make a huge thing out of nothing, and coming up with ridiculous imaginary scapegoats.

If we play well, morale is good. If we play badly, morale is bad. Why are you trying to make some huge conspiracy out of it? Non-story.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Its the fact you are trying to make a huge thing out of nothing, and coming up with ridiculous imaginary scapegoats.

If we play well, morale is good. If we play badly, morale is bad. Why are you trying to make some huge conspiracy out of it? Non-story.

the fact that we really appear to be struggling at the moment , cannot score for luv or money, a number of players struggling for form and now a player states in the media that team morale is low.........i was asking who posters on here thought was responsible for team morale.......i don't see any conspiracy or story there to be honest,more like a simple question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here