Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moral Dilema

Stumpy Tim

Here's my scenario, and it's prevented me playing CM3/4 all day.

I have taken Albion up to the Premiership after two seasons. I then qualified for the UEFA Cup, and then won the Premiership. I really wanted to challenge for the Champions League, but to do that I feel I need to buy at least two quality players - and need around 20m Euros to do it. Dick Knight offered me only 5m for the season - ungrateful bastard. I asked for more money & he turned me down. Then, Liverpool offered me a job with better existing players & 29m Euro's to buy new players.

Should I go to Anfield (44,000 stadium) or should I stay at Falmer (18,000)? It's a nightmare

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Difficult indeed. My suggestion would be get off your fat arse and do some work. Plus Liverpool will have Emile Heskey which will severely impeed any Champions League challenge.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Leave an djoin Liverpool, it will enchance your reputation and if you do well with them you'll have a better chance of getting the National job!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from being a cheapskate with the finances, it's obvious that DK lied about the capacity of Falmer which is now only 18,000. Do a Coppell and us fans will continue with the Knight out campaign as you fall flat on your face with the underachievers of Liverpool.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Simster said:
I would take the Liverpool job personally because it's only a f***ing game. :rolleyes:

Yeah right, because you would take the Palace job !
It is only a game after all...........:D

You dont want to move to Scouse Land, stay loyal and make the Albion kings of Europe...

Stumpy Tim

TOTKM said:
Difficult indeed. My suggestion would be get off your fat arse and do some work. Plus Liverpool will have Emile Heskey which will severely impeed any Champions League challenge.

Two things there baldy. It's 6.30pm here & work is over. And I don't want to be in this job much longer anyway.

Secondly, and more importantly, Heskey plays for Fulham in this game. I will have Owen & a German bloke up front for now, though I will be purchasing a new striker if I take the option.

I have 45 minutes to make a decision

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Take it stumpy then go back to Brighton and raid the team ala Reading style!

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Personally I'd stick with the Albion as you'll prove yourself to be a much better manager if you can win in Europe with them. I'm not sure you're ready for the pressure of managing Liverpool. Stick to being a big fish in a small pond.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
CrabtreeBHA said:
Take it stumpy then go back to Brighton and raid the team ala Reading style!
when did coppell raid the team

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
saltash seagull said:
when did coppell raid the team

I never said he did! Reading did though - Coppell/Sidwell for example, not that its raiding but near enough!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
how do you get on with the fans

wondering if its worth your while making an ultimatium ? but only if you've got good backing from the fans

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Braders7 said:
how do you get on with the fans

wondering if its worth your while making an ultimatium ? but only if you've got good backing from the fans

does'nt mean shit, I once made an ultimatum and got sacked and the fans went crazy at the board 'cos they loved me! Having done what Stumpy has done then an ultimatum could be alright BUT it depends on the chairmans current standing. If he wanted Prem Glory then it wont work!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
CrabtreeBHA said:
I never said he did! Reading did though - Coppell/Sidwell for example, not that its raiding but near enough!
it was the way you said take the managers job then come back and raid the team reading style i thought maybe you knew something the rest of us didnt!

Stumpy Tim

I issued an ultimatum, got fired & took the Liverpool job. I have since taken Liverpool to 3rd (from 7th) with an outside chance of winning the title.

The Albion have hired Arsene Wenger & haven't won for 11 games. It's most upsetting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here