Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monty Panesar in Life last night..

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I think that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. I know several Muslims who drink just as much as, if not more than I do.

There are simply different levels of seriousness with which people treat their religious beliefs.

Take Catholics and sex before marriage. SOME of them take it seriously, but f*** me that's gotta be hard work. In fact I don't know which'd be worse; no sex or no booze.

Religion sucks

Yea it was a bit of a generalisation. I've just never met a muslim that drinks and theirs a fair few up this way.

Fair play to THOSE who take their religion seriously, must be tough.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
He got a cheeky 7 wicket haul for Bexhill against Horsham last time he played in the county league...not that that justifies his signing!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because of his image. His celebration etc. He's done well for himself.

Playing for Bexhill CC now, I believe. :eek:

only non T20 games .....this is common for county players.

When I played in teh Sussex League, we had players in and out of teh Sussex team time all the time.....used to piss me off when I was told 20 minutes before setting off that I was actually playing at Eastbourne in the 2's rather than home to Preston Nomads if say Alan Wells had been dropped by Sussex!!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I know a few muslims who drink, although they are from Russian federation.
Sikhs like to drink scotch. I lived in Hounslow for a while, and all the Sikhs I knew drank...a lot...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I met Sir Ian Botham last night. Absolutely top bloke. Knows his stuff about Whiskey too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here