Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money for Players

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Now that we have had the ok for Falmer and a new company has been set up,i was under the impression that all the money the club had spent on the planning application would be reimbursed by the new company to the club.
Therefore this will leave the club with a few million spare that can now surelly be spent on players.
What are the plans for this money? does anyone know?

Last edited:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Me thinks somebodies pockets are going to be well and truly lined.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
It is pretty rare immediate success follows a move into a new stadium (Leicester, Derby etc). Hull are the exception i suppose but Brighton need a period of consolidation, make sure you are playing Championship football by the time Falmer is built and take it from there.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Personaly I'd be happy if the money (if it even exists) was given to Knight & Perry at staff who worked to get this result. If ever anyone has deserved a Xmas bonus that lot have!

:clap2:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There maybe a couple of quid for players but i expect it to go on keeping the club afloat untill we start at falmer we still have the income tax to pay!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I thought the directors that had invested £millions were first in line to get some return on their cash ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
since when do directors in football clubs expect to get a return on thier cash? :lolol: (well, the good ones anyway).

Im sure there will be a bit more cash floating around now and the cash flow will certainly improve to allow better wages, but i wouldnt expect a sudden spending spree in January.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
expect it will be for stadium - fair enough. Sure we should still have some money for moves in the transfer market from 1 of
only half ckr money spent
Harding sale
Virgo sale
Harding money in Jan
extra seats

cm + left back surely

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Eddie the Seagull said:
I thought the directors that had invested £millions were first in line to get some return on their cash ???

I thought it was converted to shares.

We wont have got the money back from the inquiry yet and won't for a while I would have thought.
Let's get the 6 weeks of seeing if there is going to be a judicial review out of the way first.

Bruce Lee Wannabe

Nov 10, 2004
Brighton
BUY McSHANE!!!!! Thats all I can say. We are severely lacking in terms of central defenders, and although we have a couple of young ones coming through, we need at least one other in the mean time. At the moment if we lose Butters or McShane only real cover option is Al-Abd and not sure how the coaching staff feel about him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ILOVEBHA said:
Now that we have had the ok for Falmer and a new company has been set up,i was under the impression that all the money the club had spent on the planning application would be reimbursed by the new company to the club.
Therefore this will leave the club with a few million spare that can now surelly be spent on players.
What are the plans for this money? does anyone know?

essentially you are right.

The money spent will come back into the club, however, timescale is not clear....and then again it may go on paying off Directors loans and ground improvement costs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lammy said:
Personaly I'd be happy if the money (if it even exists) was given to Knight & Perry at staff who worked to get this result. If ever anyone has deserved a Xmas bonus that lot have!

:clap2:

what a load of old crap, that is their job!!!!

BURN LAMMY :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here