Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco v Chelski

Lush

Mods' Pet
I wanted Chelsea to win until Makelele fell to the ground like he'd been shot - so well done Monaco!

This is the first European game I have bothered to watch all season - and it reminded me how much I hate the Prawn Sandwich League. Everything that is bad about Premiershite football was on display. Play-acting, over-paid prima donnas swanning about like they couldn't care less, witch-hunting of managers, billionaire owners trying to buy their way to respect and success (it's obscene that someone has made that amount of money in a country as poor as Russia)....urgh.

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
Lush said:
I wanted Chelsea to win until Makelele fell to the ground like he'd been shot - so well done Monaco!

This is the first European game I have bothered to watch all season - and it reminded me how much I hate the Prawn Sandwich League. Everything that is bad about Premiershite football was on display. Play-acting, over-paid prima donnas swanning about like they couldn't care less, witch-hunting of managers, billionaire owners trying to buy their way to respect and success (it's obscene that someone has made that amount of money in a country as poor as Russia)....urgh.

don't bloody watch it then!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who had the 10 men at the end there?

Chelsea were all over the place!

Veron brought on over Joe Cole!

And as for Makele - look pal we don't do that it in the English game. You were a disgrace! (amazed the ref fell for it though).

Still hope Chelsea go through as I like to see English teams do well. Arsenal must be kicking themselves though!

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Everyone was laughing in the pub when Makelele went down. :lolol:

Kerry Mayo Vs Q.P.R. @ Home. :shootself

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lush said:

Ditto. I thought Makelele was a disgrace and changed my allegiance pretty quickly.

Monaco played really well with 10 men but Chelski let them play, they looked like they could scarcely be bothered.

The scary thing is that Terry and Bridge looked way short of international class and they'll be in the England squad this summer. Giuly, who was the best player on the pitch, can't get into the French team...be afraid, be very afraid.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I haven't read all the previous posts because I should be getting ready for work, but I hate Chelsea and I am glad they lost. Wish I had seen the Makelele dive though!

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Briefly changed allegiance when Makalele did that. Then Morientes took a huge swipe at someone and I changed back. Can't understand what the hell Ranieri was thinking of - 3 strikers, Huth on at right back - deserved everything they got in the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ranieri got greedy. Monaco down to 10 and Chelsea seemingly in the ascendency, he went all guns blazing for the win and it backfired hugely. Be positive by all means, but the substitutions he made were suicidal.

They may have still got away with a useful 1-1 draw even with that liability Veron coming on at half time, but to sacrifice a full-back to put JFH on and play him down the right (??), then bringing on Huth (a centre-back) and sticking him at right-back (??)

Maybe this was Ranieri's deliberate "goodbye present" to Abramovich. Looking forward to the 2nd leg, where we'll probably see Crespo at full-back, and Joe Cole in goal.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Makelele was only doing what any European player would do in a continental game. It's wrong but it happens. You can't say we don't do that in English football, when it's a Champions league match.
The player the fucks me off and always has is Morientes. Now there's a cheating little prick if ever there was one. Spent the whole game trying to tell the ref what to do. Not to different to Makelele I suppose but, still a grade A :censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Ranieri got greedy. Monaco down to 10 and Chelsea seemingly in the ascendency, he went all guns blazing for the win and it backfired hugely. Be positive by all means, but the substitutions he made were suicidal.
I don't think he was being greedy - he saw the game swing his way and wanted to capitalize. You have to say his substitutions were questionable but he is entitled to expect a bit more from some of them. Hasselbaink was totally ineffective and Veron's "performance" was absolutely disgraceful. I'll let Huth off this one.
It didn't help that Crespo went missing in the second half (although he was being fed scraps)

Can someone tell Clive Tyldesley to stop being an utter twat and referring to the Carlos Kickaballs by their pet names as if he is their best mate? "Seb" Veron and "Nanny" (or whatever) Crespo my arse.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:nono: get them in the home leg i reckon (fingers crossed)

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Apart from Terry and Lampard I dont feel sorry for Chelsea. These 2 are phenominal English talent and will delight this summer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simster said:
I don't think he was being greedy - he saw the game swing his way and wanted to capitalize. You have to say his substitutions were questionable but he is entitled to expect a bit more from some of them. Hasselbaink was totally ineffective and Veron's "performance" was absolutely disgraceful. I'll let Huth off this one.
True, but it might help if he played his players in their accustomed positions. JFH is an out & out striker, so why bring him on and stick him on the right ? Veron is shit, so why bring him on at all ?
1-1 away in Europe was a scoreline they could have been quite happy with. The way they threw that game away chasing the win was just amatuerish. They didn'y need another goal - it would have been a bonus. Instead they went chasing after it as if it was the dying minutes of the 2nd leg.

Ranieri has quite simply loaded the gun for Abramovich now.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
ABRAMOVITCH’S DONKEY SANCTUARY

Most of the time you’ll find these places quietly tucked away
Run by a bunch of crusties or the RSPCA
But when you see the latest one I’m sure you will agree
That every creature in it has a Premier pedigree.......
It’s funded by the billions leeched by private profiteers
From Soviet oil resources built up over the years
So take a walk to Stamford Bridge and soon you’ll plainly see
The universe’s most exclusive donkey sanctuary!

CHORUS:
Donkey sanctuary, donkey sanctuary
Hey Mr Abramovitch, will you buy one from me?
Donkey sanctuary, donkey sanctuary
They’re overpriced, they’re over here, they’re playing for Chelsea!

He wants a new one every day so he puts in a bid
And each new one costs double the amount the last one did
That’s twenty times more than they would have cost a week ago
The Price is Right for Roman however high you go
And all the while most of our clubs are fighting to survive
With buckets and collections just to help them stay alive
Some call this ‘market forces’ but we call it right wing shit
In football, and in life, we’ve had far too much of it!

Chorus

So hate Man U for ever - but hate Chelsea even more
Phone up Stanford Bridge and ask ‘What’s Russian for Ee-aw?’
Rejoice each time they lose a game, abuse them when they win
Cos they’re a plastic football club, a profiteer’s plaything
That money is the people’s cash - in Russia it should stay
A curse upon the traitors who gave Soviet wealth away
A few clubs get the millions, the rest go to the wall
So let’s kick out the usurers - and let’s take back the ball!

Chorus

Nov 3, 2003
i think if u asked chelsee b4 the game if they could win at home 2-0 theyd say yes so its far from over though if they score 1 then 4 is a tall ordercore 1 then its a tall order for chelsee thought chelsee were awful defending the 3rd goal At times they had 6 back and the foreigners had 3 upfront and still they got through a shambles hten that’s what you get for having a foreign manager who doesn’t know the English game

Lush

Mods' Pet
Chelsea Buns Recipe

Ingredients
1.5lb organic plain flour
0.5tsp salt
8oz organic butter
1.5oz fresh yeast
8oz organic castor sugar
5 organic eggs
grated rind of 1 organic lemon
0.75pint tepid organic buttermilk
20 organic sugar cubes

Method
Cream the yeast with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and add the tepid buttermilk. Sift the flour and salt into a large basin and rub in half of the butter. Add the lemon rind. Beat the eggs and add them to the buttermilk and yeast mixture. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the liquid. Beat well with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. Put the dough in a warm place until it has doubled in size (about 1.5 hours). Turn the dough onto a floured board and roll out into a strip of about 0.25inch thickness. Spread this with the remaining butter and half of the sugar. Fold the dough into 3 and roll it out to a 0.25inch thick strip again. Sprinkle on the remaining sugar and cut the strip of dough into half lengthways. Roll up each strip like a Swiss roll, not more than 1.25inch diameter and then slice the rolls into slices of about 1.25inch length. Place these slices at least 1 inch apart on a greased baking tray and stand aside in a warm place until the buns are doubled in size. Sprinkle organic crushed sugar lumps over the buns (so the sugar looks coarse). Bake at 190 degrees centigrade for about 25 minutes.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
RoyalAli said:
He should have sent both off, or sent off neither.
They both hit each other.

makalele did not hit monaco guy, just patted on the cheek. then monaco guy over reacted by lashing out. not enough to send makalele sprawling all over the place like he did.
monaco guy did not deserve sending off for makalele reaction, but did deserve sending off for what he did. and i thought makalele did get a yellow for his stupid play acting dive. if so that is the right punishment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here