Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Ecuador has pretty much the worst death rate from Covid in the whole world - that's been the case for months. I would imagine the club (and the player's agents, etc) will have been well aware that travel bans were likely. I can't imagine it will scupper the deal - just maybe make the logistics a bit more interesting (eg: having to fly via the US?)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Feck.

Hate to be critical, but why aren’t deals ready to go for Jan 1st. I guess there’s probably a good reason. But what a shame if this blocks his transfer.

UK nationals and those with the right to residency in the country are allowed in with 10 days self isolation on arrival.

Assume his Visa gives him residency rights so he will be allowed in I guess.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ecuador has pretty much the worst death rate from Covid in the whole world - that's been the case for months. I would imagine the club (and the player's agents, etc) will have been well aware that travel bans were likely. I can't imagine it will scupper the deal - just maybe make the logistics a bit more interesting (eg: having to fly via the US?)

He should get in touch with Boris Jhonsons dad Standley he seems to be able to find ways round travel bans

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
He should easily get a work permit.He needs 15 points and from what I understand he gets 7 points for playing the South American Champions League and 7 for playing first team in the League as well as getting points for playing for his country.

My point was that he'll get a work permit, like Percy, now we're out of the EU.........sorry for any confusion !

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As flights are banned it's hard to see how he'll be able to get here to start isolating.

Travel is banned, flights aren’t.

In the government advice it states that British and Irish citizens and foreign nationals with residence rights will still be able to travel but must isolate for 10 days.

So he will be able to enter the country either directly or indirectly.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

In the government advice it states that British and Irish citizens and foreign nationals with residence rights will still be able to travel but must isolate for 10 days.

Let's hope we've got all the right paperwork then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There aren't any direct flights..................Iberia via Madrid most likely I'd think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here