Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The current Chelsea squad :eek:

How many forwards? They obviously need to up their midfielders, looking a bit weak there :rolleyes:

Poor hard done by Chelsea are only struggling because of how many injuries they’ve got.

I can’t imagine the squad dynamics in a squad that big, wouldn’t even be able to do an 11v11 training match, would have to invent some kind of 3 way football match to keep all the players happy.

Offering such long contracts to players really is inexplicable in my opinion, they’ll get stuck with deadwood players on the books who they end up loaning out or with players refusing to leave.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
and who releases that information to these imbeciles on twitter who claim to be ITK? There’s never a source quoted it’s just guesswork and stirring the pot, ‘contract already agreed’ just makes these guys sound like they know anything.

As an aside, Given they are offering players 7 year contracts on astronomical money to get around FFP, Chelsea could find themselves in big big trouble in a few years time.
I think soon Chelsea will be buying players on 25 year contracts to keep their annual costs down, and hope that inflation makes the wages a lower burden once the player retires mid contract. Can't be far off, Shirley 🤷‍♂️

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Poor hard done by Chelsea are only struggling because of how many injuries they’ve got.

I can’t imagine the squad dynamics in a squad that big, wouldn’t even be able to do an 11v11 training match, would have to invent some kind of 3 way football match to keep all the players happy.

Offering such long contracts to players really is inexplicable in my opinion, they’ll get stuck with deadwood players on the books who they end up loaning out or with players refusing to leave.
Hope your last para proves right 👍

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

It is bonkers, they are going to need a front garden sale outside of their training ground in the Summer to offload some of the dead wood.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Crazy really. We have this conveyor belt of glittering talent, but as soon as they emerge into the spotlight they are snatched away by one of the bigger fishes. Why would a young lad from a small town in Ecuador, who had never heard of Brighton two years ago, feel like he has to stay? The sad reality is that the money men will get Moises before long and then we start to worry about Mitoma, Ferguson, MacAllister and so it goes on. We just have to hope the scouting team keep pulling rabbits out of hats and eventually we make so much money that we become a shark instead of a promising little Angel fish.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Crazy really. We have this conveyor belt of glittering talent, but as soon as they emerge into the spotlight they are snatched away by one of the bigger fishes. Why would a young lad from a small town in Ecuador, who had never heard of Brighton two years ago, feel like he has to stay? The sad reality is that the money men will get Moises before long and then we start to worry about Mitoma, Ferguson, MacAllister and so it goes on. We just have to hope the scouting team keep pulling rabbits out of hats and eventually we make so much money that we become a shark instead of a promising little Angel fish.
Yeah, let's hope eh...

Either that scenario or we flounder like Southampton have, when we can't turn the promising stars around quick enough or the well runs dry.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Or......
"Although having already spent more than 500 million euros on the transfer market this season, Chelsea could well spend another tens of millions before the transfer window closes. Indeed, the Blues coached by Graham Potter want to recruit a defensive midfielder. And for this the name of Moisés Caicedo has been coming up with insistence for several days.

The problem is that Brighton are not inclined to let their player go. Proof of this is that the Seagulls rejected an initial offer of 62 million euros. According to The Mirror, Chelsea could push the slider up to 74 million euros. A more than substantial offer which could however not be enough. Indeed, Brighton, which is in the race for a European place at the end of the season, obviously has no intention of letting go of its strong man in the midfield."

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
As an aside, Given they are offering players 7 year contracts on astronomical money to get around FFP, Chelsea could find themselves in big big trouble in a few years time.

Would be lovely. But Mudryk is on 98k a week, Sterling is on three times as much. I think they've finally realised that offering obscene amounts of money isn't sustainable and are trying to rain the wage bill in.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
relax, just seen a video of Encisco having to clean boots at the training ground and Moises seems to be loving it. He's not going anywhere.........today!

taz

Feb 18, 2015
In the summer transfer window he will be going to real Madrid for €100m as Luka modric replacement,

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Or......
"Although having already spent more than 500 million euros on the transfer market this season, Chelsea could well spend another tens of millions before the transfer window closes. Indeed, the Blues coached by Graham Potter want to recruit a defensive midfielder. And for this the name of Moisés Caicedo has been coming up with insistence for several days.

The problem is that Brighton are not inclined to let their player go. Proof of this is that the Seagulls rejected an initial offer of 62 million euros. According to The Mirror, Chelsea could push the slider up to 74 million euros. A more than substantial offer which could however not be enough. Indeed, Brighton, which is in the race for a European place at the end of the season, obviously has no intention of letting go of its strong man in the midfield."
This is part of their tactic...

Chelsea: Leak stories to certain journos that a bid is imminent and player is pushing for the move.

Chelsea: Put in an insulting offer.

Brighton: Rejected.

Chelsea: Put in a second insulting offer.

Brighton: Rejected.

Chelsea: Oh, we have other targets we are looking to pursue, Brighton have overvalued the player, we will not be held to ransom, on to next target.

Player: Transfer request

Brighton: Rejected

Chelsea: New bid.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So why change agents now and not any point in the last 2 years ? Like I say not saying it means he’s definitely off, but agents don’t earn money by players staying put
He’s coining £350 a week if the £3,500 salary was to be believed!

Maybe his agent is a bit of a prat, like Trossards

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How long does it take to change agents? New country, new language, finding an agent that's not got the issues previous agent has, recommendations and DD on new agent, negotiations on % of wages, %of transfer fees and so on.

Plus then handing in notice and finishing existing contract with current agent.

Hardly going down to B&Q to buy a tin of paint.

Probably taken a year to get from the decision to leave, finding a new agent, negotiation and start.
Trossards agent was a painter and decorator!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Would be lovely. But Mudryk is on 98k a week, Sterling is on three times as much. I think they've finally realised that offering obscene amounts of money isn't sustainable and are trying to rain the wage bill in.
Wonder what the signing on fee was/other incentives?

More to these shady long contracts Chelsea are handing out IMO, but I guess we will never know.

The good thing for the Caicedo situation, or not… is that even if Chelsea move on to other options, he knows every team in the country is going to want him soon, if they don’t already.

I personally wouldn’t even sell if they offered us 100m, sounds absolutely mad but his value to us at this moment with a European push allied to the fact he’s never going to drop in value, major injury aside.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's all a bit of a joke, isn't it? Potter really hadn't a clue what sort of talent he had in Caicedo, which we know because it took him ages to give him a chance in his best position - more or less the same thing that happened with Bissouma. But now he's a must-have for Chelsea even though they already have Jorginho and Kovacic. Well, according to the national papers, who have absolutely no clue or they wouldn't keep up the fairy tales about Albion setting a price, which we know they never do. Roll on the end of the transfer window and everyone can settle down a bit.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Is everyone resigned to losing him in the summer, if not sooner?
He always looks to be enjoying himself and surely there is money for a better pay deal and there may even be European games to come.
Or am I just being optimistic??

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Is everyone resigned to losing him in the summer, if not sooner?
He always looks to be enjoying himself and surely there is money for a better pay deal and there may even be European games to come.
Or am I just being optimistic??
If somehow we surpass all expectations and bag a top 4 spot then might be a slim chance he stays on an improved contract I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here