Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think you need to pipe down and defer to [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] better knowledge. If he's taken the trouble to watch a stream of every single Beerschot match this season, he is genuinely going to know more about young Moises' current levels than the rest of us (or Tim Vickery).
Tbf I've watched the last 3 equador games. Being completely objective caciedo has done ok but is very raw still.

As for beerschot, he's only played 6 games !

And Tim Vickery is a dullard that hypes up every south American player ..... Izquerdo springs to mind....

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tbf I've watched the last 3 equador games. Being completely objective caciedo has done ok but is very raw still.

As for beerschot, he's only played 6 games !

And Tim Vickery is a dullard that hypes up every south American player ..... Izquerdo springs to mind....

Izquierdo was bloody brilliant for us in that one season before he got injured. Must’ve cost us about 25m in fees and wages over the course of his 4 year deal, but the spark he gave us in some key matches was probably the difference between us staying up comfortably with 40 points and being in real trouble.

Sort of agree though. It’s far too early to be calling Caicedo a like-for-like Biss replacement. Clips certainly look encouraging, but most South American qualifiers aren’t the highest standard, and Belgian A league is probably Championship level.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Sort of agree though. It’s far too early to be calling Caicedo a like-for-like Biss replacement.

So the big question is where he is on the development curve and if we think he's got more to give. Think back to Biss' first season with us, how does the Caicedo of today compare to that raw version of Biss? Where do we think Caicedo could be in a year or two with a similar level of progress as Biss made?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I preferred Dwaynes stories when he used to go clubbing with Adam Lallana age 17 or whatever :smokin:

Jul 20, 2003
Looks pretty good to me. I reckon most premier league teams would be very happy adding Mwepu, Moder and Caicedo to their books, particularly if they had a £50m world class midfielder inevitably leaving at some point during the next few transfer windows.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On what basis ? Are his stats incredible then ? I would suspect not.

Key player in Ecuador, currently doing their best qualification campaign in history. 2 goals and 4 assists in twelve games as a central midfielder.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A goal scoring Bissouma feels about right. He does need to be nurtured and given the right game time and experience though. Could be good alongside Moder though with one other experienced head in there once Biss leaves.

Sarmiento seems to be doing well too as a future Trossard backup or competition for MacAllister.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
‘A goal scoring Bissouma’

I’m expecting this description to become the dominant one over the next 3 or 4 years.

"A goal scoring Bissouma’" ...............

Yes, I can see that becoming an NSC favourite over the forthcoming years. A worthy replacement for "A Murray replacement" ......................................

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sarmiento seems to be doing well too as a future Trossard backup or competition for MacAllister.

If he if starting for Ecuador, he must be really impressing people in training.

I know that he has recently become a bench regular for us (maybe at the expense of Connolly) but I’d love to see him get some minutes against Leeds. I remember when we set-up very aggressively against Liverpool last season at home with Connolly, Welbeck & Maupay up front. I’d like to see similar on Saturday but with Tross and Sarmiento taking the roles of Welbeck and Connolly.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If he if starting for Ecuador, he must be really impressing people in training.

I know that he has recently become a bench regular for us (maybe at the expense of Connolly) but I’d love to see him get some minutes against Leeds. I remember when we set-up very aggressively against Liverpool last season at home with Connolly, Welbeck & Maupay up front. I’d like to see similar on Saturday but with Tross and Sarmiento taking the roles of Welbeck and Connolly.

I think Mwepu will return to the team to occupy Forshaw who ran things first half against Spurs. I can see Maupay getting back in too.
Back to Caicedo, he’s obviously not the finished article yet but at 20 is a hell of a prospect getting a regular international position in, currently, the third best team in South America. Two goals in two games, one for Ecuador and one for Beershott.

Last edited:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I think his loan to Beerschot needs to end and a move to a better team is required for him.
They lost 0.7 last week and rock bottom - can’t be helping him playing in such a shit team surely ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Depends on his character really and how he is being managed by Weir and his current club. Nothing beats playing week in week out.
You do wonder how much he might’ve featured in January if he was here though given Biss being away and a possible run of cup games. Also can’t help a move to a decent champ team would’ve been best, but the club seem to get these things right more often than not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here