Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very good of course,.. but I have been rooting for Ali Mac since I first saw him play, he has finally settled in, and his calm creativity is something I think we are going to relish in seasons to come.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is space for all 3 :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm all for the hype / praise of a youngster - and obviously have seen the comments about Billy Arce role in this deal, but if he really is so good - at £4M why didn't any other club seriously go in for him?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Looking at this highlights thread, he looks like a natural replacement for Biss, who, as we all know, is likely to head off for £50m in the summer.... and good luck to him.

Lots of getting his toe in, disruptive and awkward to deal with or evade.... and some shot too.

https://youtu.be/HLJEw9EjtGY

He's different from Biss. Seems a much more attacking threat. I'm pretty sure they could compliment one another.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm all for the hype / praise of a youngster - and obviously have seen the comments about Billy Arce role in this deal, but if he really is so good - at £4M why didn't any other club seriously go in for him?

"Sources at Old Trafford told the Manchester Evening News that the club pulled out because the potential deal for Caicedo was a "clusterf***"."

I've no doubt it was, so credit to the club for doing the hard work and not giving up like United did.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
"Sources at Old Trafford told the Manchester Evening News that the club pulled out because the potential deal for Caicedo was a "clusterf***"."

I've no doubt it was, so credit to the club for doing the hard work and not giving up like United did.

In other words. They couldn't be arsed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Very good of course,.. but I have been rooting for Ali Mac since I first saw him play, he has finally settled in, and his calm creativity is something I think we are going to relish in seasons to come.

this guy looks like the box to box mf from heaven ....him Biss and Mac in the same team would be something else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So possibly no room for Gross?

I'd like Pascal to get a contract extension, but I've a feeling he will see out his contract and go back to Germany as a free agent once his 5 years at the albion are up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

big step up isnt it and the bigger teams can take less risks.

We see every player we signed get built up on here to be the next big thing. Just look at that Jack Harper. Its what fans do. Occasionally you get one that is.

Big risk and lets see. Has a chance based on the highlights

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this guy looks like the box to box mf from heaven ....him Biss and Mac in the same team would be something else.

sure Gross would find his place if he keeps performing at his recent level , question is can he ...?? give him another 2 yrs and probably still treble our money off loading to a championship promotion hopeful....???

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
https://talksport.com/football/8273...wonderkid-hailed-genuine-article-ngolo-kante/

Caicedo has been likened to Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante, although South American football expert Tim Vickery reckons he offers even more than the World Cup winner.

“He is a terrific athlete who makes football look easy. A box-to-box midfielder,” declared Vickery.

“A year ago he was saying that Kante of Chelsea is his role model but he is already more than that. He already offers more in the final third.

“That kind of box-to-box midfielder that’s very much in the tradition of the England game. Strong, quick, intelligent and cool. He really does look like the genuine article.”

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here