Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Yes I do go to games, not as many as I’d like to as I don’t live in Brighton anymore, but I’ve made a couple this season.

As I said pretty clearly in both my posts, I don’t think we should create a shit atmosphere. There shouldn’t be booing, or anything negative. I am more just wondering why some fans think we should be going the extra mile to support him, and not seeming to recognise his part or responsibility in just basically publicly handing his notice in and letting his agents continue to act this way in the media.
Players are human beings (often quite simple ones at that). When people are happy they perform well. When people are distracted they perform badly. When you have had a wobble as this 21 year old muppet has just done you may worry that those that loved you before now don't. Maybe not much of a worry but maybe enough to be distracted. Then you don't play as well as you might. Then maybe the team doesn't win.

Now me, I won't loose any sleep over Caicedo's feelings but I would like him to play well on Saturday because I want my team to win. I feel it is what a true supporter would do.

If you are in any doubt as to how a crowds attitude can unsettle a player just ask Cucurella or think back to the efforts against Massive in the play offs to see how a positive atmosphere can raise a whole team.

So yes telling each other it was all just an evil agent whispering in his ear and then doing our best to show Caicedo we forgive him is a worthwhile thing to do and anyone being petty and holding a grudge against our own player should sit on the naughty step outside the ground until they grow up.

Lastly should he leave under a cloud when he goes then you will find nobody booing him more loudly than me on his return. 1) To affect his performance and 2) because it is always fun to do.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

All I know is I want players WANTING to play for us and a little over a week ago Moises wanted to play for us. Now however, he wanted his dream move which we've prevented(agents words). We assume he's going in the summer but that will still depend if anyone meets our valuation of him.
Head down, plays well, improves and a number of opportunities come his way but price continues to rise? Or, head dropped, less effort, gets dropped and value goes down to the benefit of buying club. I want him to help us qualify for Europe and possible Fa Cup glory and will cheer him on if he gives his all to try and achieve this.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don’t think Moises has it in him to not give 100%.
I can see his frustration, fuelled by his agents’ words stating that he may ‘never get the chance again’ but frankly that’s likely to be b@llocks.
In the summer all the top clubs in Europe will be circling him including a couple that may appeal to him more than Arsenal.

In a few years time Moises will look back on this time and be able to put it all in perspective whilst polishing his B’allon D’or.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All I know is I want players WANTING to play for us and a little over a week ago Moises wanted to play for us. Now however, he wanted his dream move which we've prevented(agents words). We assume he's going in the summer but that will still depend if anyone meets our valuation of him.
agreed , I’ll support him while he’s here, but I won’t be fawning over him or any needy chants. Clearly be off in the summer and the fact his ‘statements’ are still up and his agent is still talking about him in the press, clearly he’s not that bothered about the situation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am more just wondering why some fans think we should be going the extra mile to support him, and not seeming to recognise his part or responsibility in just basically publicly handing his notice in and letting his agents continue to act this way in the media.
Just on this point: I wouldn't mind a little cheer to express our feelings that we're glad he's stayed. He might also feel awkward (he may not) and a cheer may help him feel that we realise he made a mistake, but he's still one of us. Ultimately, as a Brighton fan, I'm hoping he stays as long as possible and plays as well as possible, and I think that showing him support may help that.

That's not to say I'm going an extra mile. But I'd like other fans to think that perhaps supporting him is in Brighton's best interests.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I’m pretty obviously not saying that, so there’s no need to be a **** about it.

Why can’t we just shout/cheer etc as normal though? The shouts I’ve seen online on singing to show him how much we love and support him and stuff; yeah you’d normally want to do that for players, but doing it for one that literally just tried to engineer a move in the worst way possible because everyone has decided it’s the agents fault and he’s too infantile to know what’s going on, seems a bit mad tbh.

This is similar to how I feel (not the first line, the rest of it). I won't boo. Or even tut.
But specifically cheering him seems to send an odd message to all the other players who DIDN'T agitate to leave last week....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
his agent is still talking about him in the press, clearly he’s not that bothered about the situation
He might not be bothered about it, or he might not really be aware how fans are interpreting the posts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He might not be bothered about it, or he might not really be aware how fans are interpreting the posts.
And his social media posts ? And don’t tell me he doesn’t have access as he’s posted pictures of him out for dinners, with his girlfriend in the past !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
his agents’ words stating that he may ‘never get the chance again’ but frankly that’s likely to be b@llocks.
That's an understatement. As he's only 21, he's far more likely to get the chance again that most people who get the chance. And it's not like he's served this club for years. The agent (who is a ****ing ****) is saying that all clubs should sell any player if they're offered the chance to go to a bigger club, so no contract should mean anything at all. It's just nonsense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And his social media posts ? And don’t tell me he doesn’t have access as he’s posted pictures of him out for dinners, with his girlfriend in the past !
Yeah he has access, but as I said, he may not realise the impact the statements have.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah he has access, but as I said, he may not realise the impact the statements have.
Really ? You don’t think Paul or Tony, or RDZ might have had a word ?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
As another poster alluded to earlier, what's to stop Bloom telling Caicedo that as long as he's represented by this twat of an agent he will not enter into any form of communication with him about a move, you're contracted to us and that will remain the case all the while you continue to employ this agent.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As another poster alluded to earlier, what's to stop Bloom telling Caicedo that as long as he's represented by this twat of an agent he will not enter into any form of communication with him about a move, you're contracted to us and that will remain the case all the while you continue to employ this agent.
Employment laws and £70m

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But specifically cheering him seems to send an odd message to all the other players who DIDN'T agitate to leave last week....
Those players understand where fans are coming from - that we're just glad he didn't leave, and are showing support for a player who might need help focussing. We also supported the other players fine on Sunday, they're not suddenly forgotten.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really ? You don’t think Paul or Tony, or RDZ might have had a word ?
I honestly don't know who's said what, but if they have had a word (as you suggest) and he ignores them and continues to post more inflammatory comments then I'd expect him to be dropped, and the words to become sterner.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tony and Paul could ruin the guy in their sleep. He’s not in their league. Interesting summer ahead.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Tony and Paul could ruin the guy in their sleep. He’s not in their league. Interesting summer ahead.
Exactly. It may actually suit Tony and Paul for Caicedo to have a dickhead for an agent. They can claim the high moral ground, being above all that 10 siblings crap, and all the time the agent is around doing dickhead stuff, Caicedo remains a Brighton player. Job done. Muchas gracias.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Everyone happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here