Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the Cucurella saga, I can recall Naylor reporting that the price was £50m+ and that we would not entertain any more incremental bids from City. Boom. Then Boehly came in with his "f*** it" bid (as he does) and we absolutely rinsed them. Then went and sourced an even better replacement, for less than a quarter of the Cucurella fee.

The way BHA move in the transfer market these days is nothing short of genius.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Important to remember that the ceaselessly negative trolls, for some weird reason, aren’t actually ever known by anybody in real life.

They never go to actual games, nobody knows them in the flesh, yet the verbal minority who criticise every little thing flock to the internet where their voice gets attention.

Caicedo will get a warm welcome back from supporters at the actual game, because they are fans not anonymous keyboard warriors.

It’s always the been the same and always will be in every single forum/club in the country

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lewis dunk - alleged highest salary clause - but appreciate not a helpful example 👍🏻
Not at all, that's a perfect example if true. Did we offer him that with no contract extension?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Same contract - but with a codicil taking it up to £50K a week. Poor little siblings in Ecuador no longer starving - and it silences those poor plums who think we're keeping him enslaved on £3.5 K a week (wish I could be on something like that!).
You want Bloom to donate something like £35k a week in order to silence some plastic Arsenal fans on twatter?

Plus a £2M cash bonus if he stays until June 2024
A bonus seems like a more sensible option, encouraging him to stay.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I beg all of our fans to give Caicedo a great reception through all of our remaining games.

We want him to be clear that we understand that it was his slimey new agents that caused this conflict, not him, a young footballer.

We love Caicedo and want him here for a long time! Let's make this known to him at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would they announce it so who knows. Do your company announce to all when they give you a pay rise
They tell us when player's contracts end, so we'll know if they've been extended. And there seems to be a fair bit of information about the salary's players are on. So yes, I think we'd find out.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's perfectly true. Citeh did indeed make a few bids, and then pulled out as they realised their valuation didn't match what TB wanted. Fair dos, like Arsenal wth Caicedo. Chelsea came in and kept upping their bids until the little bell in Tony's head went 'ting'. Arsenal could have tried the same, but ultimately didn't.
there definitely seemed to be a different tone with Caicedo. I always felt with Cucurella there was a price that would secure the signing with Caicedo it was a very definite he won't be going in this window whatever was offered.
I'm sure had someone offered in excess of 100 million then he would be gone but I'm equally sure nobody would've done and that's the point of setting the bar that high.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
there definitely seemed to be a different tone with Caicedo. I always felt with Cucurella there was a price that would secure the signing with Caicedo it was a very definite he won't be going in this window whatever was offered.
I'm sure had someone offered in excess of 100 million then he would be gone but I'm equally sure nobody would've done and that's the point of setting the bar that high.
The club took entirely different stances, it was obvious that Caicedo was going nowhere. Many folk were lured in the narrative set by plastic Gooners, Jacobs, Romano, the SSN twats, Sherwood. All powerless bystanders, whilst BHAFC had/has full contractual rights.

On 7 July 2022 when asked about Cuckoo, TB said:

“We’ve got to be realistic if a certain bid comes in and the player wants to move, the player will move, but we are not anticipating, we’re not looking for our best players to move on. If it happens and we get a bid then we have to consider it, but until that point, we carry on.”

On 30 January 2023 via Andy Naylor and before then:

“It doesn't matter what Arsenal do, third bid, fourth bid. Moises Caicedo isn't going anywhere. #BHAFC

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club took entirely different stances, it was obvious that Caicedo was going nowhere. Many folk were lured in the narrative set by plastic Gooners, Jacobs, Romano, the SSN twats, Sherwood. All powerless bystanders, whilst BHAFC had/has full contractual rights.

On 7 July 2022 when asked about Cuckoo, TB said:

“We’ve got to be realistic if a certain bid comes in and the player wants to move, the player will move, but we are not anticipating, we’re not looking for our best players to move on. If it happens and we get a bid then we have to consider it, but until that point, we carry on.”

On 30 January 2023 via Andy Naylor and before then:

It doesn't matter what Arsenal do, third bid, fourth bid. Moises Caicedo isn't going anywhere. #BHAFC
£250M - not that they would, or should, have paid that much - but if they had, he would have been gone! Just my guess of course - but nonetheless there would always be a stupid figure to which TB would say yes.

£100M, £150M, £200M, £300M -- at some point he would have cashed in, I'm sure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£250M - not that they would, or should, have paid that much - but if they had, he would have been gone! Just my guess of course - but nonetheless there would always be a stupid figure to which TB would say yes.

£100M, £150M, £200M, £300M -- at some point he would have cashed in, I'm sure.
£1b would’ve tested our resolve, for sure.

But only two people will ever truly know ….. Tony Bloom and Ben Jacobs.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
His agent appears to have deleted his profile picture and removed the BHAFC tag from his page.

This could be flouncy, or he’s just waiting for the official photoshoot of him, Tony and Paul having a big cuddle so he can upload that.

D7ADF8F5-9B0F-47AB-BADD-F83CF1CA93A8.jpeg

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
His agent appears to have deleted his profile picture and removed the BHAFC tag from his page.

This could be flouncy, or he’s just waiting for the official photoshoot of him, Tony and Paul having a big cuddle so he can upload that.

View attachment 156554
Maybe they are sorting some Arsenal stuff to put up? Could be they didn't get the memo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here