Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Even with that Metro article I can't see Bloom being that pissed off with Arsenal, as to make a deal in the summer less likely. The Albion made their point by refusing to sell, despite the constant attention. It reiterated once and for all that the Club will do what's in the best interests of the Club, no matter how much money you sling at us. No need to draw it out, Bloom is a businessman, he gets it, if Arsenal conduct themselves properly in the summer and really want him he'll do the deal if it's the right thing. Who knows, might even want to keep him depending on where we finish in the league.

The only person he's ever had a problem with, that we know of, is Bentham and even that didn't stop him going in for Maupay. I expect the only reason he might favour Chelsea is that he could sting them for an extra 10 or 20m quid.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Even with that Metro article I can't see Bloom being that pissed off with Arsenal, as to make a deal in the summer less likely. The Albion made their point by refusing to sell, despite the constant attention. It reiterated once and for all that the Club will do what's in the best interests of the Club, no matter how much money you sling at us. No need to draw it out, Bloom is a businessman, he gets it, if Arsenal conduct themselves properly in the summer and really want him he'll do the deal if it's the right thing. Who knows, might even want to keep him depending on where we finish in the league.

The only person he's ever had a problem with, that we know of, is Bentham and even that didn't stop him going in for Maupay. I expect the only reason he might favour Chelsea is that he could sting them for an extra 10 or 20m quid.
Good points and money talks if youre deciding to sell anyway...... but I have a feeling now he may end up at Chelsea (to replace Kante) who could outbid Arsenal anyway.

Matthew Benham is personal for things that happened outside football, but you saw how Bloom acted towards Leeds with all the "free Ben White" nonsense.

I dont know Bloom, but I do believe he will be ruthless (with a smile and diplomatic words) where he needs and he wont like or forget people trying to take the piss out of him, which seemingly Arsenal have just tried.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don’t think there is any evidence that Arsenal were orchestrating Caicedo’s actions. If there were then Bloom would report them to the PL. Isn’t this all just idle speculation by fans eager to exonerate the player. First blame the agent, now blame Arsenal.
Whilst there is no evidence of Arsenal's involvement , wasn't there some concerns about their handling of the Mudryk deal...

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Impressive all round from the club. They really are quite good at this.

If Arsenal are the only bidders, or the only ones prepared to put up serious money in the summer, then I am sure they will do business.
But I doubt that will be the case, and the Club's (stated) desire is to stay on good terms with departed players and to present themselves as a good option for aspiring young 'uns

So, my money would be on him ending up at Man Utd, who I believe will be strengthening for a title bid in the summer. And I think he will do very very well there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Didnt for one second suggest Arsenal were directing Caicedo actions directly, hes a 21 year old kid who plays football.

The article and Naylor, suggest Arsenal were told in no uncertain terms, dont bid again after first bid, that its not a bargaining tactic, it simply isnt going to happen this window under any circumstance. They clearly ignored that request of club/Bloom if true (and its reported as true), and then the Caicedo social media stuff (my guess is that was agents) trying to force it along with a second Arsenal bid......... Yes its speculation to suggest that Caicedos new agents, with Caicedo as their only big player, were promised a nice fee if they could make it happen.... Id suggest the odds are they weren't doing it for free and nobody listened to Bloom/Club and instead tried to steam roller it through regardless.

Probably nothing in the rules to stop clubs making numerous bids when told not for sale under any circumstance, also nothing to stop a Players social media hankering to force move, were these 2 random seperate events of co-incidence?

If someone thinks so I suggest theyre in the minority
I don’t think there is anything wrong with making numerous bids. If something else has gone on then it would be better to make it formal than insinuate through journalists.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I be up for that! but I thought there was already a "God Father type flag" I'm sure I have seen it in the North Stand
Yes, have seen this a couple of times, but not often enough.
Think a new one is needed with Tone the poker player with a stack of BHA chips at the the table.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don’t think there is anything wrong with making numerous bids. If something else has gone on then it would be better to make it formal than insinuate through journalists.
I don't think there's anything wrong with numerous bids in the right circumstances as Arsenal have demonstrated in the past:

Ben White: Bid £30m, told he's worth £50, bid £40m, told he's worth £50, bid £45m, told he's worth £50, bid £50m = Job done
Moises Caicedo: Bid £55m, told he's not for sale, bid £60m, told he's not for sale, bid £65m, told he's not for sale, Arsenal fail in bid = Annoys everyone

To be honest, I still think that Bloom and Barber decided that he was going nowhere the moment he and his agents fudged that ham-fisted Instagram post. I actually think there was far more likelihood of a deal being struck had they not pursued that stupid route. I mean thanking Bloom for accepting a bid... So, so amateurish.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't think there's anything wrong with numerous bids in the right circumstances as Arsenal have demonstrated in the past:

Ben White: Bid £30m, told he's worth £50, bid £40m, told he's worth £50, bid £45m, told he's worth £50, bid £50m = Job done
Moises Caicedo: Bid £55m, told he's not for sale, bid £60m, told he's not for sale, bid £65m, told he's not for sale, Arsenal fail in bid = Annoys everyone

To be honest, I still think that Bloom and Barber decided that he was going nowhere the moment he and his agents fudged that ham-fisted Instagram post. I actually think there was far more likelihood of a deal being struck had they not pursued that stupid route. I mean thanking Bloom for accepting a bid... So, so amateurish.
Misspelling his home town in the statement (it's Santo, not Santa) was a trivial but utterly stupid error. It surely indicated that Moises hadn't even read the statement properly.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
As it's not been mentioned, Moises turned up for training today
Old West Reaction GIF by GritTV

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don’t think there is any evidence that Arsenal were orchestrating Caicedo’s actions. If there were then Bloom would report them to the PL. Isn’t this all just idle speculation by fans eager to exonerate the player. First blame the agent, now blame Arsenal.

Whilst there is no evidence of Arsenal's involvement , wasn't there some concerns about their handling of the Mudryk deal...
According to reports that is why the deal eventually broke down. Arsenal had been ' at it ' for weeks. Shaktar said that they had been negotiating directly with the player. They got thoroughly pissed off with the whole situation and as Chelsea were prepared to do business through the proper channels, they got the man.
It is clear that Chelsea didnt follow up their initial bid for Caicedo, respecting the BHA position. Arsenal chose to ignore our wishes. Seems like a lot of their fanbase didn't get the message either...." why didn't we go to 80million ? " ( puzzled of Islington )

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
According to reports that is why the deal eventually broke down. Arsenal had been ' at it ' for weeks. Shaktar said that they had been negotiating directly with the player. They got thoroughly pissed off with the whole situation and as Chelsea were prepared to do business through the proper channels, they got the man.
It is clear that Chelsea didnt follow up their initial bid for Caicedo, respecting the BHA position. Arsenal chose to ignore our wishes. Seems like a lot of their fanbase didn't get the message either...." why didn't we go to 80million ? " ( puzzled of Islington )
Puzzled of Lagos.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The price that they had in mind as an 'acceptable' bid probably was probably a few million lower, too. So, £150m instead of the revised £200m, for example :lol:

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I think it would have taken a ridiculous bid to have forced the sale and if it was reached, then i think he would have been sold.

What that figure is we can only speculate but if it was in the ballpark of the new Chelsea fella then probably would have happened.

And whilst in the normally and in the real world the reported bid of 70m is ridiculous, there were lots of other factors which made that price not worth it to TB and the club.

Being able to get a similar fee in the summer, if not more.
Timing, Not losing an important player at a crucial time.
No time to replace.
Not skint, due to other sales.
Annoyed at the agents/player social media statements.
Annoyed at the chipping and late bids from clubs.

The way he's been playing and the speculation around him, we all expect that he would be going in the summer anyway.

Lets move on from this and get behind the team, Moises included. It's still a great time to be an Albion fan, best time ever so lets enjoy it.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Thank you, I won £260 @ 11/2, only because you posted. I would never have thought of betting on a transfer.

[Less a later £40 stake lost, hedging so no loss if Arsenal had won].

Extra sweet … I deprived Gooners somewhere of cash, arrogantly thinking it was a sure bet on Friday evening.
Pleasure. I was on at 5/1 before it went higher to 11/2.

I’m glad we had a winner but do not advocate gambling.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Yes. Thanks so much @super-seagulls

I’ve won around £260 too after taking a mix of odds until I passed the £50 maximum stake. I was not sensible enough to hedge the bet but this was probably because I placed the money out of anger and upset rather than cold financial acumen.

@Weststander Has SkyBet paid out yet? My app is down but the bet is still open on the browser. Like Arsenal fans, it seems it’s very tough for them to accept Moises is staying!!!
The bet was to sign before 3rd of Feb for some reason. I’ll imagine they will hold onto our winnings until the last possible moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here