Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he's going to sulk and be disrespectful to the club then part of me wants to get rid & take the money, but i think the bigger picture is that we cant be seen as a pushover to the players, agents, and other teams. It will set an unwanted precedent. In the future we may then have similar scenarios with Ferguson, Mitoma, MacAllister, Sanchez, Estupinan, Buonanotte, Enciso, Sarmiento or any other young player that comes through the process.
Exactly. It can't be allowed to happen, even if it costs us money this time. Not that it should really. He should be able to wait 4 months, and we should get a good fee in the summer.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

gabrielnrg

Jan 21, 2023
Hello dear Albion's comunity,

Greetings from Ecuador. Just comming here to say that I feel very sorry for this situation (I know a lot of people think like me). El Niño Moi (Moi the Kid) as we call him has made a huge mistake and has being very disrespectful to the club, the manager, the fans. I was personally very dissapointed as one can say he truly is a good boy. Also, comming from Independiente del Valle, a club that invests money for offering this kids education in case they do not make it in football or just to give them tools to survive this world, I was expecting more from him. This is why, for example Moises do speak english, in contrast to other players as Estupiñán.
But let's not forget kids like him come from extreme poverty conditions that will pursue them for the rest of their lives. Nevertheless I do believe the blame should go to the agents that area maneuvering a vulnerable person for their own advantage.

I really hope he stays and helps the team achieve historical success, and that you Albion fans can understand and eventually forgive him.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It'll all blow over in a week, he'll either be working his way back into the team or he'll have gone. A possible Premier League Winners medal and a 5-10x wage increase is hard to ignore for any player. There's no loyalty in football but would be nice if players did things in the right way and talked to their clubs first before going to social media to try to influence their clubs decision. Especially when days before he's quoted saying how happy he is with the club and his work.

Frankly I don't even consider where he's come from or his social situation and upbringing. It makes a nice narrative for bad faith actors like his agents to use against the club or for a byline in a newspaper report but it's basically irrelevant when it comes to making a decision on whether to sell him or not.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Hi Gabriel, most Albion fans aren't upset with Moises. They realise he is only 21 and still getting used to living away from his home country.
The fans that I have spoken to all feel that he has been poorly advised by his agent. And his agent has probably been encouraged by another club to refuse to play for Brighton and told how much more money they can pay him if he moves.

Moises has been a wonderful player for Brighton and we all hope he stays for the rest of this season and helps us to qualify for Europe and do well in the FA Cup.
He has good friends around him here who will welcome him back after the transfer window closes on Tuesday.
He has a big part to play for Brighton, and then next season he will get his wish and play for a bigger club (but without such good people around him).

I'm sure he is currently feeling upset and let down by his new agent, but on Wednesday he will be welcomed back to where he belongs and where he is loved.
Thank you for your message and making the effort to contact us. x

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is a huge range of opinions about this I am sure but I think that his mistake is his choice of agent. Brighton are very commited to the model of letting players move on to bigger clubs. However this must be done on the clubs terms as well as the player's.

Trying to force the issue like this doesn't reflect well on his agent. It concerns me how much more poor advice he will be given, especially if the club doesn't accept an offer before this transfer window closes.

The fans and club are ready to welcome him back at this stage. No one begrudges him his move we understand but if it doesn't go his way in the next couple of days he needs to be patient.

Nice to hear from you.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It’s NOT about the money this time. Albion cannot cross their lines in the sand. If he’s not for sale this window - Arsenal, Moises, his agents & anyone else must respect that position. Perhaps they already have, but the social media wankpuffins cannot let it lie and neither can the transfer gurus. They HATE this scenario.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hello dear Albion's comunity,

Greetings from Ecuador. Just comming here to say that I feel very sorry for this situation (I know a lot of people think like me). El Niño Moi (Moi the Kid) as we call him has made a huge mistake and has being very disrespectful to the club, the manager, the fans. I was personally very dissapointed as one can say he truly is a good boy. Also, comming from Independiente del Valle, a club that invests money for offering this kids education in case they do not make it in football or just to give them tools to survive this world, I was expecting more from him. This is why, for example Moises do speak english, in contrast to other players as Estupiñán.
But let's not forget kids like him come from extreme poverty conditions that will pursue them for the rest of their lives. Nevertheless I do believe the blame should go to the agents that area maneuvering a vulnerable person for their own advantage.

I really hope he stays and helps the team achieve historical success, and that you Albion fans can understand and eventually forgive him.
Thank you.

The majority of Brighton fans don’t blame Moises and know he’s being advised by a firm who need a payday.

He’ll be welcomed back when the window closes and will continue to dominate midfields in the Premier League. In the summer he may get a move but hopefully we’ll be able to offer European football and we now have a chance of a trophy too.

We love the three Ecuador players. Eventually they’ll move on, but when the time is right.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My confidence level is high now.
The bookies appear to be confident of a certain outcome too.

EA42E961-5CD7-47F9-9713-ABE94B48CD29.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here