Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I see that this Kuntish agency is now doing EXACTLY the same thing for it’s only other non-league 2 client, another Ecuadorean (with a contract to 2026) valued at £80m+.
They also have the Ghanaian DMF, Emanuel Lomotey, on their books who is signed to Allsvenskan side, Malmo FF.

I’m struggling to see what the Sun Newspaper link ‘exactly’ proves about Futbol_Division other than they are behaving exactly like any other ‘Kuntish agency’ and dropping ‘hints/social media ‘reports’ about a young and talented (WC) player that’s been on the radar of some big clubs for months and is likely to move anyway in the next window. A player that a Club has said is ‘happy’ where he is and are therefore not prepared to let him go this transfer window for less than the inflated market price of £80m. Unless you are privy to ITK info or I’m missing something, surely par for the course now as part of the January window that agents try and bring forward anticipated summer transfers by 6 months to get a higher fee and the registered Clubs try and price the player off the market because they are not ready to let them go - or indeed agents just use the ‘cover’ of the January window to talk up the player’s value in anticipation of a summer transfer?

We can all agree though, players getting their head full of transfer nonsense in the middle of the season is destabilising both for the team and the player concerned.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Nah I like to give people answers.
If I say something good about RDZ, I get half a dozen comments about "have you finally given up on Graham? Surely you can see RDZ is much better than Graham? Do you still love Graham?"
If I say something that indicates RDZ might not be a 100% flawless God in every possible scenario, I get half a dozen "You hate RDZ because you love GP, omg why don't you f*** off to The Shed End to your beloved Potter" and so forth.

But yeah I could probably do better to help myself avoiding replying on posts from my stalkers (like you).
I struggle to understand why you are still here. You joined this board because GP became our manager , now he has moved on, shouldn't you move on too?
Do you still post about GP on a Swansea message board?
Whatever you may say, you are not a Brighton fan.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Might be wrong, but think Stephens was treated with respect and scored a superb goal at Wigan on his return?

I honestly think that Caciedo will still be here after the window as simply he is not for sale. Think Bloom will just play hard ball as it will
Show vulture Agents and Top 6 clubs that will be not mucked around with. He will then play rest of the season and sold in summer for a similar or even better price. Well I bloody well hope so.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Apologies if covered already but I am in a rush and cannot read all new posts.

Maybe a question put best to @El Presidente but is there likely to be tax planning going on? By this I mean, might another big sale this financial year tip the figures over from low loss into quite big profit? To me that would be a financial reason to delay the sale of Moises to run alongside the on field hopes of a better league position finish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apologies if covered already but I am in a rush and cannot read all new posts.

Maybe a question put best to @El Presidente but is there likely to be tax planning going on? By this I mean, might another big sale this financial year tip the figures over from low loss into quite big profit? To me that would be a financial reason to delay the sale of Moises to run alongside the on field hopes of a better league position finish.
That did come across my mind yesterday actually so would be good to know if so - or how the club might offset that without any big signings ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As others have said I think a bad reaction from us sends the wrong message and strengthens the hand of those in his ear.

I hope we're chipper today.
I really hope we get to be upbeat v Bournemouth (f**king Bournemouth).

Failing that I hope he signs for Bournemouth...

...what has that Chelsea game turned me into?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just guessing, but after the mass exodus of players and key staff over the last 5 months, not necessarily in his/PB’s plans, I think there’s an element of drawing a line in the sand. This is more than about Caicedo.

Letting people within the club and circling vultures know, that we won’t roll over and allow all n sundry to leave when they wish.

Giving continuity to RDZ.
Well it’s a bit late now to start playing hard ball this is why we are getting all this carry on, Cucurella and Trossard both went down similar paths and got their move, the agent would say make a bit of fuss we will put out a statement saying you want to leave and they WILL rollover after a couple of days of stance not looking like they are rollovers to their fans.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They also have the Ghanaian DMF, Emanuel Lomotey, on their books who is signed to Allsvenskan side, Malmo FF.

I’m struggling to see what the Sun Newspaper link ‘exactly’ proves about Futbol_Division other than they are behaving exactly like any other ‘Kuntish agency’ and dropping ‘hints/social media ‘reports’ about a young and talented (WC) player that’s been on the radar of some big clubs for months and is likely to move anyway in the next window. A player that a Club has said is ‘happy’ where he is and are therefore not prepared to let him go this transfer window for less than the inflated market price of £80m. Unless you are privy to ITK info or I’m missing something, surely par for the course now as part of the January window that agents try and bring forward anticipated summer transfers by 6 months to get a higher fee and the registered Clubs try and price the player off the market because they are not ready to let them go - or indeed agents just use the ‘cover’ of the January window to talk up the player’s value in anticipation of a summer transfer?

We can all agree though, players getting their head full of transfer nonsense in the middle of the season is destabilising both for the team and the player concerned.
Sorry.

I didn’t make it clear. The Sun report indicates that of the two valuable players this brand new agency
now has (talented young Ecuadoreans seemingly happy at very respected football clubs on long contracts), both are clearly being touted to EPL Top Six sides so this agency can make a quick buck.

Yes - all agents are not on the side of fans or clubs by the very definition of what they are trying to achieve and can be described as unscrupulous but this lot really are the lowest of the low. Compare with an experienced agency like this:

Are they touting all their valuable players to Big Six clubs or are they actually a little more concerned with things like a player’s long term reputation and development requirements?

This is exactly why respected journalists like Winter and Naylor are putting the boot into this amateur outfit, essentially made up of two clueless Manuels whom our football club allegedly won’t actually communicate with because they are so unprofessional!

70BA031F-5E73-4CAB-8120-E44D31E2CD20.jpeg

“Mr Barber, Mr Barber, just pick up the ****ing phone, I just want a chat!”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it’s a bit late now to start playing hard ball this is why we are getting all this carry on, Cucurella and Trossard both went down similar paths and got their move, the agent would say make a bit of fuss we will put out a statement saying you want to leave and they WILL rollover after a couple of days of stance not looking like they are rollovers to their fans.
Only after the club played hard ball.
Pretty much insisting both initial transfer bids were doubled (by other teams) before opening the door to conversations.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bit late to play hard ball? Cucurella ended up costing double, Trossard ended up costing double, Ashworth put on gardening leave until his contract ended, highest amount of compensation ever paid in this country for Potter and staff.

I'd say we're pretty ruthless and one of the hardest clubs to deal with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit late to play hard ball? Cucurella ended up costing double, Trossard ended up costing double, Ashworth put on gardening leave until his contract ended, highest amount of compensation ever paid in this country for Potter and staff.

I'd say we're pretty ruthless and one of the hardest clubs to deal with.
Is it The Mandela Effect or something?

Why do multiple posters who commented on all of the above suddenly have the polar opposite opinion of events?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I disagree. With Cucu we got over £60 for a player who in reality could have gone for half that price. Most clubs would I think have agreed to the Man City valuation and been happy.
Trossard was different because of the contract situation, but we made a healthy profit after 3 and a half years.
In both cases, succession planning for their transfers was already there.
It will be much harder to replace Noises at this time of the season than at the end of the season.
Which is why I hope we don't allow the transfer at this time and wait to the summer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it The Mandela Effect or something?

Why do multiple posters who commented on all of the above suddenly have the polar opposite opinion of events?
Agree and it can be so frustrating, some posters will see that as us rolling over. Clubs like Southampton keep being mentioned and the route they followed but no club in my memory has lost so many parts of the team and club in such a short time and still sit 6th in EPL.

Before these extreme bankrolled clubs any team like ours would never allow so many cogs of the machine to go. Agents have so much power aided by wanker journo's on the web that it is now so one sided. We should be enjoying our rise, instead we're expecting to be asset stripped constantly.

Personally I'd like to see the EPL restrict the January window to oversees transfers only apart from loans.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cucurella was in the summer, not mid-season, and he wasn't a youngster we had found, cultivated and developed We probably improved him a bit, but at the end of the day we got a huge price for him. Good player? - yes - but £62M? Only in Boehleyworld!
trossard was coming to the end of his Brighton career anyway, no longer a certain starter.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry.

I didn’t make it clear …
This is exactly why respected journalists like Winter and Naylor are putting the boot into this amateur outfit, essentially made up of two clueless Manuels whom our football club allegedly won’t actually communicate with because they are so unprofessional!
No worries- I’m clearly missing some of the back story.

However, I don’t think Hincapie needs much touting to Big 6 clubs - the WC was a good enough shop window for the interest to be roused - actually for both MC and Hincapie - but doesn’t change what you say about this being a two-bit outfit!

As an interesting snippet of useless info - Ecuador has been pushing this youngster on the international stage since last year’s WC

(Here’s a little research challenge - is Jackson Rodriguez a relation to F-D’s co-owner, Oscar Rodriguez? (Not to be confused with the Spanish AM) - Might account for their apparent unprofessional business practices 🙂)

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry.

I didn’t make it clear. The Sun report indicates that of the two valuable players this brand new agency
now has (talented young Ecuadoreans seemingly happy at very respected football clubs on long contracts), both are clearly being touted to EPL Top Six sides so this agency can make a quick buck.

Yes - all agents are not on the side of fans or clubs by the very definition of what they are trying to achieve and can be described as unscrupulous but this lot really are the lowest of the low. Compare with an experienced agency like this:

Are they touting all their valuable players to Big Six clubs or are they actually a little more concerned with things like a player’s long term reputation and development requirements?

View attachment 156331

“Mr Barber, Mr Barber, just pick up the ****ing phone, I just want a chat!”
Barber OBE: "Piss off Manuel, you're a rat"
Manuel: "No, no, I am Siberian hamster"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here