Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hope It’s off the mark, but one of my regulars (a recently retired ex pro) reckons this is a done deal. His agent (boo!) told him as much earlier apparently.

Fingers crossed he’s wrong.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Wonder what happened to looney. Legend.
No, it really isn't. And the club are trying to hold onto him, so they clearly disagree with you.

It is completely relevant. While Chelsea and Arsenal are much bigger than Fulham and Burnley, Brighton are much much bigger than we were in the Championship. Stephens thought it might be his only chance to play in the best league in the world, so he wanted to take the chance. Injury apart, this is clearly not going to be Caicedo's only opportunity to play for a top 6 club. So the comparison is a sensible one.

We haven't. I think you're talking shit.

No, it's you claiming to know best. I'm happy with the what the club are doing.
Well that’s cheered me up… hilarious.

As ever, you’re so blinded by your need to be 100% right all of the time… no give no take, it’s literally all about your take.

You’re wrong about this one, hugely wrong - force him to stay and we’ll regret it… moreover I don’t want honest fans paying his ‘meagre’ salary if he’s not 100% committed to this club … he’s not , clearly he’s compromised and his actions… well, it’s left him with the look of a man without a shred of credibility…

I’m focussed errrmmmm I’m not focussed, I’m happy to stay errmmm I’m not…. Pathetic.

If you want to support a player/agent like this, then fine… I guess I’d credited you with wayyyyy too much intelligence.

Brighton and Naive Albion.

:)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wanted to be Brighton manager, interviewed and not appointed. Can't remember if it was pre or post Hughton.
I never knew that, crikey, we lucked out.

With a mischievous sense of humour, I loved it when he was manager of Villa. My son and I spent each televised Villa game in stitches as they lurched from one on-field or off-midfield crisis to another. Their hopeless squad etched in our p-taking minds. Gutted when he was sacked.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Results are simple things.

2.16 points per game = more/better than 1.56 points per game.
Not sure why I’m bothering, but Potter has gained 1.36 points per game since he went to Chelsea. The better comparison in this case is how each manager has done in their new environment. RDZ has done better than Potter. Much better when you consider all the resources at the disposal of Chelsea.
I’m sure Chelsea will soon have an improved points/game ratio - but that will be on the back of Chelsea spending obscene sums of money.
Potter is a good coach, but undoubtedly RDZ is better.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Transfer news was much more straight-forward back in the day...

Fnd_UixXoAAEfAt.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Swanny does have a point - in the league I’m not convinced the results have been much better than Potter end of last / beginning of this season. Given the ‘equals’ are squad / players available.

Let’s see after Muff & Palace where we are

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swanny does have a point - in the league I’m not convinced the results have been much better than Potter end of last / beginning of this season. Given the ‘equals’ are squad / players available.

Let’s see after Muff & Palace where we are
Except he spent years on here saying "results don't matter" and "teams with better players and bigger budgets will always do better" and now he's reduced to picking a very specific and small data set to back up his agenda.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's a kid from a developing country. His wages and his agent's actions fill a lot of pockets, including family. We're Brighton and Hove Albion. He'd never heard of us 5 years ago. We're playing in the top 10 of the Premier League - this is what happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe it's taken 239 pages on MOISES CAICEDO before it's become Potter v De Zerbi.

This is a poor effort from all concerned, it's taken 238 pages more than usual.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope It’s off the mark, but one of my regulars (a recently retired ex pro) reckons this is a done deal. His agent (boo!) told him as much earlier apparently.

Fingers crossed he’s wrong.
There are two deals to be done.

1. Arsenal and Caicedo, against tapping up laws, have done a deal.

2. Will TB allow a deal to even get off the ground? He holds all the cards.

By 11pm Tuesday you’ll know if your regular got his deals mixed up or not.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well that’s cheered me up… hilarious.

As ever, you’re so blinded by your need to be 100% right all of the time… no give no take, it’s literally all about your take.

You’re wrong about this one, hugely wrong - force him to stay and we’ll regret it… moreover I don’t want honest fans paying his ‘meagre’ salary if he’s not 100% committed to this club … he’s not , clearly he’s compromised and his actions… well, it’s left him with the look of a man without a shred of credibility…

I’m focussed errrmmmm I’m not focussed, I’m happy to stay errmmm I’m not…. Pathetic.

If you want to support a player/agent like this, then fine… I guess I’d credited you with wayyyyy too much intelligence.

Brighton and Naive Albion.

:)
I don’t understand this view. So are we supposed to do an employee job satisfaction survey every week ? Anything less than 100 % commitment and we ship them out on a free ? Sorry about the facetiousness but this is exactly the line pushed by Leeds fans during the Ben White saga. Caicedo can go if Arsenal pay Tony’s price. Everybody knows that including the player. He’s just trying it on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Except he spent years on here saying "results don't matter" and "teams with better players and bigger budgets will always do better" and now he's reduced to picking a very specific and small data set to back up his agenda.
Results is a small part of the job but if someone says that the results are better when they're not, then I'm going to comment on the "results" thing and not on other aspects.

If we look at the old management vs the new management in its entirety instead, there's indeed things that are better and things that aren't better now.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There are two deals to be done.

1. Arsenal and Caicedo, against tapping up laws, have done a deal.

2. Will TB allow a deal to even get off the ground? He holds all the cards.

By 11pm Tuesday you’ll know if your regular got his deals mixed up or not.
In the end, only 2 matters. Arsenal can do any deal they like with Caicedo, but if TB holds Caicedo to his contract, he's not going anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here