Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We don’t deserve it but maybe Tony and Paul could tighten up their language a little. They always sound firm but there’s a caveat of ‘unless a crazy offer comes in, everyone has a price etc.

Just say no. After selling Trossard we aren’t selling Caicedo or anyone else until the summer no matter what the bid is, end of. It can’t be that hard to spell it out.
I don’t think they need to, the statement from the club (mutually beneficial, meeting our valuation etc) is still accurate, we need to back this up now and don’t let him move (unless silly money is offered)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

Or he could stay - get injured and lose all that

Forget agents, managers, and all the other noise.

What would you choose?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I learnt quite by accident from an unexpected but v reliable source he met up with arteta last week but after then the word was Chelsea was his preferred choice cos of the higher wages - then when the bids were too low from both camps and him saying he’s happy here I thought it’s definitively now a summer deal - can only think they’ve (Arsenal) increased their wages offer since and with the prospect of a medal he’s switched - very much new agent led, I hope TB switches his phone off now - he won’t sulk he’s not trossard he’ll get over it - can’t give in unless it’s absolutely stupid money - all this blatant tapping ups got to stop - I know we must have done it too on occasions but it’s becoming a joke
Moises was in London with Pervis, Julio and Jeremy in the week to Celebrate a birthday, maybe Arteta was hanging around the bogs

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

What would you choose?
Yer in the cold light of day. I couldn't blame him either. His family probably are dirt poor as well.

We all knew he wanted to go it was an open secret.

It's the agents fault for the abysmal handling of the situation.

What will they get if it goes through ? 3% of 70 million? 2.1 mill for doing the square root of f*** all (and even getting the clients home town wrong in a social media post)

Shambolic all round

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Send him to the stiffs for the rest of his contract. Seems to me there is more value in having a reputation as a club who sell players on the club’s terms rather than at the first sign of interest from elsewhere or when a player throws a wobbly.

Would also be concerned if we sold him as the pressure it puts on the recruitment/development to keep churning out first team ready players. They’ve managed it amazingly recently but we are surely due some duds.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All this talk of we sell for the right price is fine for the balance sheet but what about the fans. We aren’t going bankrupt whether we sell him now or in the summer but what we might lose out on is a shot at European football for the first time in our history. To us that’s priceless.

Sure Tony wants to recoup some money, fair play, and we want to be sustainable but he and Paul Barber also need to read the room, there’s passions and dreams in football fans they go way beyond balancing the books, feels to me like we are, for the first time losing sight of that.
Fans such as Tony Bloom, you mean?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tis football isn't it.

Independiente fans have been through it, Bohemians fans also when we signed Ferguson "Premier League clubs with too much money and not morals".

Why are we different in this? This is exactly what we signed up for.

Over to you recruitment team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All these tweets are written by the the club/agent imo not the player. I was thinking last night, before the current shitfest broke, about recent ones from Barber, Caicedo and Ali Mac. All of them used the phrase “focused on Brighton” and more than once in most of them. What are the chances of three people (two of whom do not have English as their first language) saying exactly the same thing if it wasn’t scripted?

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Football agents ay? Lowest of the low.

I don’t know enough to say on it but what % do they get of a players wage? Maybe 5?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m assuming that is his agent writing that bollocks. Whoever it is, it is patronising, condescending and downright rude. I hope our club does everything it can to curtail players and agents calling the shots, contracts need to be more enforceable.
As someone said earlier in the thread, our contracts need a few lines added to them about whoring yourself out to other clubs, making statements on social media, and leaving in the Jan transfer window unless certain circumstances. We keep getting walked all over by agents and then players - it's sickening

At the moment it really feels like there's no point getting excited about any player/manager that does well for us, which is a real shame. Mitoma/macallister will be off in the summer, we know that. If RDZ keeps getting us performing then it won't be long before he's poached. We might find another young star... who'll be gone by next January. We should be enjoying this season so much - the best in our history as it stands - yet it feels really tainted. Never has a season had such a roller coaster ride of emotions, and we're only half way through.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tis football isn't it.

Independiente fans have been through it, Bohemians fans also when we signed Ferguson "Premier League clubs with too much money and not morals".

Why are we different in this? This is exactly what we signed up for.

Over to you recruitment team.
I’d argue that’s a very different thing.

If we were in league one and Arsenal came in for one of our players, I’d be shocked if they didn’t throw a hissy and demand to leave, this is a very different situation to that, this new age of agent led forcing transfers has to stop.

How do teams ever break the monotonous shitfaced boredom of the usual top 6 when they can just come in mid season and steal our best players? It’s a joke.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

What would you choose?
It’s a fair point to make, but realistically, a career ending injury in the next 18 games is highly unlikely. Also, let’s be realistic, I’m sure his family is dirt poor, but he’s earned a base salary of c£360,000 in the last 6 months, that alone would go a long way to help anyone.
It’s too easy to justify players ‘needing’ money as an excuse for highly unprofessional behaviour, Naylor said he understood why Trossard was agitating for a move so he could “set his family up for life”. Trossard earned £10m whilst at Brighton.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
How do teams ever break the monotonous shitfaced boredom of the usual top 6 when they can just come in mid season and steal our best players? It’s a joke
They don't anymore. The status quo is set forevermore, unless a club gets bought out by middle Eastern or whatever money. Everything is set up - including the Jan transfer window - for the big clubs to keep succeeding and to keep the littler clubs in their place

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Having calmed down a bit:
RDZ said he spoke to MC “like a father”. Whilst we all hope it was to stay, we don’t know that was the case.

Barber publicly stated he wouldn’t break the wage structure to keep star players due to the snowball effect.

Bloom has always said we won’t stand in anyone’s way. This won’t change or our entire recruitment model is ruined.

MC is in a very low wage. He’s had a meteoric rise from nowhere to the World Cup.

We can’t be surprised he is ambitious and wants more money.

I’m salty because he could have had this conversation at the start of January. Given the club time to formulate strategy and replacement (maybe they already have. Who knows?).

Until we agree to pay top wages, we’re easy pickings for the big 6. But that won’t change as the club is too shrewdly run. I suspect we have to just live with everyone we fall in love with moving on for big money.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Having calmed down a bit:
RDZ said he spoke to MC “like a father”. Whilst we all hope it was to stay, we don’t know that was the case.

Barber publicly stated he wouldn’t break the wage structure to keep star players due to the snowball effect.

Bloom has always said we won’t stand in anyone’s way. This won’t change or our entire recruitment model is ruined.

MC is in a very low wage. He’s had a meteoric rise from nowhere to the World Cup.

We can’t be surprised he is ambitious and wants more money.

I’m salty because he could have had this conversation at the start of January. Given the club time to formulate strategy and replacement (maybe they already have. Who knows?).

Until we agree to pay top wages, we’re easy pickings for the big 6. But that won’t change as the club is too shrewdly run. I suspect we have to just live with everyone we fall in love with moving on for big money.
I wouldnt mind being on the very low wage MC is on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here