Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Spotrac in the UK is incredibly unreliable. @Jolly Red Giant used to quote it and it was miles off almost all the time.

It's a bit better in the US where contract details are a bit more in the public domain.

I always question anyone who States as a fact any salary of a player. It's made up crap.

Even Dunk's "match up" increases is made up crap. When a squad of players haven't a clue what each is earning how someone sitting in their bedroom can pluck a figure plainly stupid.

I think you're right, you have to figure that those sites are making up what wages players are on. We don't have salary caps in this league so there's no requirement to give a public breakdown of who gets paid what.
I'd also assume that if someone outside the club were able to have access to contract details to see what players were on, then surely other things like release clauses would also be common knowledge and publicy available, which they're not.
The other thing is most of our transfers fees paid are "undisclosed". If we're not telling people how much we pay to sign individual players, I find it hard to beleve we'd be telling everyone what we pay individual players.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well yes, OK - history means nothing. Lawrenson and Robinson were probably too good for us anyway..... yes? Or maybe Liverpool had/have a bit of class, unlike, say Chelski and the team that have never won a promotion but were just nodded through to the first division because they were the right sort of chaps.........
Lawrenson was probably always going to go, especially as we had Gary Stevens ready to take over (although as it happens it was Steve Gatting who inherited the role). But Robinson wasn't seen as 'too good' at all. In fact, a lot of people, including pundits, wondered if he was good enough for Liverpool. As it was, he only left after we were relegated and there was little talk of him going before that. And he had been something of a reclamation project after a torrid time with Man City, who it was felt had massively overpaid for him, so maybe he felt some loyalty to us.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I always question anyone who States as a fact any salary of a player. It's made up crap.

Even Dunk's "match up" increases is made up crap. When a squad of players haven't a clue what each is earning how someone sitting in their bedroom can pluck a figure plainly stupid.
If you have anither look, i think we have some first team players who are not being paid a penny. God forbid we try to sell them, twitter will go into meltdown saying how can we ask a fee for said players when we dont even oay them a wage.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you have anither look, i think we have some first team players who are not being paid a penny. God forbid we try to sell them, twitter will go into meltdown saying how can we ask a fee for said players when we dont even oay them a wage.
I'll take your word for it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think there's a lot more exceptions than just VVD.

Alisson, Keita and Nunez all arrived for ridiculous fees.
Chelsea buying £105m Enzo Fernandez in the next couple of days, after £200m plus last summer. The financial doping continues.

Liverpool won the lot with a net spend 1/3 of both Mancs, a fraction of Arsenal’s and on a par with Newcastle/Spurs.

All paid from club income.

38EC52F2-CA6A-4ACA-9F6B-086ABC8A3975.png

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I would be extremely disappointed with the club if we sell Caceido and/or Macallister in January. A big chance of top 6 and Europe and if we are intent on improving and moving to the next level, we need to keep hold of our best players for longer.
Unfortunately when other clubs come sniffing with wages way way way above our pay structure then if Bloom gets the money then it's adios. We would all do the same. Its disappointing but we need to be prepared for a few disapointments.

At least no one will come in for March that's a bonus.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The ongoing transfer talk around Caicedo is frigging annoying, isn't it? The Liverpool chat is bound to intensify now too.

At least with Bissouma and Macca (realistically gone in the summer), we got some decent mileage out of them.

Feels like Caicedo has one just begun with us. I checked - he only played 700min for us in the PL last season.

Then again, we only got a season out of White and Cucurella, so I guess we just have to take the wads of cash, and remind ourselves that players moving on to big clubs incentivizes starlets joining us.

A bitter pill to swallow, though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just can’t see Liverpool meeting our asking price as they’ll need to keep some money back for their attempt at Bellingham.
And with the club supposedly up for sale (full or part) why would they spend £170M-ish on 2 players in January

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's rather good

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
just seen that according to Ben Jacobs Chelsea are still very much interested in Moises.

At what point do we say that the price for Moises is X but for Chelsea it is double that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here