Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

SpionKop

May 10, 2021
Oh Hi,

So I haven't been on here for a bit due to work and just generally forgetting,

firstly, no offence or hidden agendas or anything of that sort was meant, I do apologise if it came across that way, I use a lot of different clubs forums when we are linked with players, just to get a bit of insight into how the reaction would be should they ever leave/price valuations ect.

Realistically, as stated, always liked Brighton, and again if that sounds patronising or however you want to phrase it. It was absoluty not the case.

The last thing I would ever think is 'why stay at a small club like Brighton'

Anyway, i'm glad the majority can see that I was just being curious of the general opinion of people who watch him week in week out.

I do have Twitter and again use it as a tool of seeing how fans/supporters feel about players, but its not the best, Im a football guy and just like to see how a range of different players, sometimes even if they are not linked with Liverpool!

Anyway, I wont take any more of your time

I'll be back when we take Moses for an absolute steal*

*This is a joke, please dont get your back up again, that dweeb comment really hurt**

**This is also a joke

FAO Whitechapel

Didn't let me quote!

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Judging by the rumours in some press it appears we're losing big Bob, Trossard and Caciedo next month and all 3 to Chelsea!!
In all seriousness, how much money have they got left to spend after SPAFFING so much with us? Surely FFP must kick in at some stage given how much Augustus Gloop, or whatever his name is, has spent in pretending he is as good as a Russian Oligarch.

Edit - a quick Google suggests that in 2022/23, they have spent £250m and received £40m back - and that doesn't include Potter.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can't comment on this player, for fear of being ridiculed by certain sections.
Though they can go f' themselves as far as I am concerned.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Twitter awash with comments again after this……..on the plus side, a lot of ‘Brighton stance clear’ comments too (not for sale, basically)

SpionKop

May 10, 2021
Hi, anyone have Tony Blooms number?

Asking for a friend..

Okay so I am obviously kidding again, but our ITKS if there is any such thing, are saying where chasing Moises/Maddison or Armrabat for January. Cost a few quid by the sounds of it!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Asking for a friend..

Okay so I am obviously kidding again, but our ITKS if there is any such thing, are saying where chasing Moises/Maddison or Armrabat for January. Cost a few quid by the sounds of it!
You can chase him all you want, but he’s destined for higher things than Liverpool.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Asking for a friend..

I would imagine it will pan out the same way as usual.
A lowball offer from Liverpool or someone else.
Tony turns it down.
Liverpool throw in another fiver but already your fans have decided he is over priced and Brighton are ‘holding him against his will.’
Tony turns it down.
More of the same until Liverpool pay Tony’s asking price or someone else does.
Your fans probably need to decide early on in the process whether he is good enough for your team and if so get your heads around the fact that he will be priced accordingly. Also, take Tony seriously. He always wins.
By the way, I teach in Birkenhead and as such many of your fans on this side of the river are fully up to speed on all of the above.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Asking for a friend..

You can chase Moises as much as you like, he is though better than any of your midfield and will run past the lot of you.

As far as getting him this month forget it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just can’t see Liverpool paying the £80m or so needed to get him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The issue is the fee. If Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City or Arsenal came in for him (or a top European side in the CL) he’d definitely go.

I read a lot of other fan’s forums to try and keep perspective of the league as a whole. Plus I’m working from home and often have long spells of nothing to do.

The impression universally, including on the Liverpool forums, is that the fans set in their heads a unrealistically low fee that they want a player for e.g - “let’s just get Caicedo for £40m”.

They never take into account the other team’s valuation of the player, the business acumen of the other club/their need to sell (we have the best owner in the country and no financial issues) and sometimes the player’s desire to move. Although I don’t think it would be an issue in this case on the latter.

Essentially, I can’t imagine the fee being lower than £60m plus add-ons (possibly including a player), and could be as high at £80-90m if other clubs are in the running.

Fans of other clubs are constantly undervaluing our players because we’re “just Brighton” and we should be honoured to sell our best players to the biggest clubs. Times have changed a lot.
At £60m you’re undervaluing him too tbh.

Dec 29, 2011
I just can’t see Liverpool paying the £80m or so needed to get him.
I'd be disappointed to sell him for £80m this season. Similar to Cucurella, what's the point of signing these talents if they just leave after the first season? We could get 2-3 seasons out of him, his stock will only rise.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You can chase him all you want, but he’s destined for higher things than Liverpool.
Out of our three big money transfers, I think both Bissouma and White would have been better off going to Liverpool, especially Bissouma (Cucurella wouldn't push Robertson out of the team, IMHO).
Inevitably we are going to lose the likes of Mac Allister and Caicedo at some point in time, and if their destination was Liverpool I'd be quite happy (as long as our price was met, of course) - and, to be fair, Liverpool have a decent track record dealing with us - see under Lawrenson and Robinson.

N.B. For a sale in January, which we definately wouldn't want, good offers won't be anywhere near enough - offers would have to rise to the level of rank stupidity to have a chance!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here