Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You're not a million miles away. The Sky man who asked the question in the press conference was sitting in reception at the training ground beforehand with a member of the media staff when a locally-based journalist arrived. Sky guy asked about the £42m figure and the media rep just laughed. The journo said "try 100 million". Then when the presser started, the Sky chap put all that to Potter and the rest is history.

Given that, for all their summer spending, Chelsea haven't replaced Kante, Potter's joke about getting one of his boots for £42m could end up bouncing back on him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is quoting Argentinian newspaper Olé, so that would be them - or Caicedo - doing the shitstirring, no?

Anyway, would take something ABSURD to get sold in January. Next summer is a bit of a different fiver.

Would TB risk our entire EPL season by selling our CM powerhouse in January, even for silly money?

(Potter, after 2.75 years) found a fantastic CM formula of MacA and Caicedo (or Bissouma) having roles on either side patrolling and destroying opposition forays forward, with freedom to advance up to the opposition penalty box. I suspect not at the same time? It works to great effect, Howe/Marsch/Ten Hag bamboozled.

Ripping the heart out of that after 15 games would be madness. Every EPL place is worth £2m and there are no absolute guarantees in not getting involved in a relegation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ummm....all he's done is used Caicedo's exact quote.

Has he? Surely that depends on the context - on what question Caicedo was actually asked.

My presumption is that he is answering a specific question about Potter's move, and whether it affects his future at Brighton.

He thanks Potter, explains that anyone IN POTTER'S position would have to take such an opportunity, and that no, his leaving doesn't affect his own future at Brighton, because he's very happy.

If that were the context, then the bit Romano has chosen to tweet in isolation, is indeed deliberately misleading.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Has he? Surely that depends on the context - on what question Caicedo was actually asked.

My presumption is that he is answering a specific question about Potter's move, and whether it affects his future at Brighton.

He thanks Potter, explains that anyone IN POTTER'S position would have to take such an opportunity, and that no, his leaving doesn't affect his own future at Brighton, because he's very happy.

If that were the context, then the bit Romano has chosen to tweet in isolation, is indeed deliberately misleading.

" nobody would turn down an offer from Chelsea or any other club like that. But I’m really happy at Brighton”

It doesn't really matter whether the full article is quoted or not. If those are the words then those are the words that people will care about. Obviously it would have come from a leading question but a footballer can quite easily say "I'm happy at Brighton and wouldn't want to comment about other teams" so it is in his hands what he says.

For the record, I don't care. We are an employer as far as I see it and he is a footballer who OBVIOUSLY wants to better himself. I just find it amusing people blame someone for just quoting what Caicedo said.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1570336268994879489

he wants a move too, he's gone when the window opens then

Why does anyone take that clown seriously?

Said it was a done deal for Cucurella to City, even got his crayons out and drew him in a City shirt. Then claimed this weekend it was all part of Potter's masterplan to sign him at Chelsea.

Bloke is a chancer who just takes publicly available information and puts his spin on it. Mugs lap it up but he is rarely right from what I've seen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Graham Potter was presented at Chelsea… Did his departure hurt you? What did he represent in your career?

- Potter gave me the opportunity to debut in the Premier League, something I was preparing for and suffered a lot from before. I would have loved to debut earlier, but I think that was the right time and God put things in their place. I've been preparing to make a great start and when I come in to play, I won't come out anymore. So far I have achieved it: I am contributing a lot to the team and I like how we are playing. I am very grateful to Potter and his coaching staff because they gave me the opportunity to show myself. I have helped the team, they have noticed it and since then I have not left.It made me very sad now that he left for Chelsea, because he helped me a lot and I wanted to continue having him as a coach.But that's football. You never know: today you can be here and tomorrow somewhere else, that's the job of a footballer and a coach. In Brighton he worked very well and people love him very much. I am very happy for him and for the great opportunity that was presented to him

After his arrival at Chelsea, it was rumored that he would go for your signing... Does that possibility seduce you?

- Right now I'm very focused on Brighton and the World Cup. I want to have a great World Cup and then we'll see what happens. I think they are one of the best teams in the world and no one would turn down an offer from Chelsea or any other club like that. It is a dream to be in the best teams in the world and succeed there.

And what was real about the supposed interests in the last market, for example, from Manchester United? It was like this?

- I saw rumors and things like that, but I was working on my team. I didn't want anything to take me out of my job, I let my agent handle everything. I was very calm, focused only on Brighton and did not know if there were other proposals or not. I was just working on my team to make good games. If there was any proposal I would have thought about it a lot, but I am very happy here in Brighton and doing things very well, already adapted to the team. Now I just want to be here, continue adding minutes, play the World Cup and then we'll see what happens.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would TB risk our entire EPL season by selling our CM powerhouse in January, even for silly money?

(Potter, after 2.75 years) found a fantastic CM formula of MacA and Caicedo (or Bissouma) having roles on either side patrolling and destroying opposition forays forward, with freedom to advance up to the opposition penalty box. I suspect not at the same time? It works to great effect, Howe/Marsch/Ten Hag bamboozled.

Ripping the heart out of that after 15 games would be madness. Every EPL place is worth £2m and there are no absolute guarantees in not getting involved in a relegation.

Well, how silly money would probably be the question. Because obviously for any player at any time, there is a fee what won't be rejected.

Also depends on Brightons position in January I suppose. If the team has 30 points he is more sellable than with 20 points.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Player in 'having aspirations to play at a higher level than mid-table (for one season) PL team' SHOCKER' :eek:

Please tell me we won't have Potter-like meltdowns on here every time one of the squad moves on to a bigger, better, more successful club –*for more money. It's already so tedious.

Yes, I get that it's annoying because they potentially leave us in the lurch. Yes, I appreciate it means someone else coming in to learn the job and integrate with a new group.

But come on. If you're offered a huge promotion within your industry/profession, why would you possibly turn it down, just to stay 'loyal' to a company?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we go tumbling down the table now one massive positive is that we will have less of this rubbish with agents trying to sell on their assets !!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Did he?

He absolutely said Cucurella had an agreement with City but the clubs hadn't agreed the fee.

The deal fell down as the clubs never agreed the fee.

How can you have an agreement between the player and the club but not the two clubs? That'll be tapping up surely.

The man knows **** all and is clever at spinning tales.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How can you have an agreement between the player and the club but not the two clubs? That'll be tapping up surely.

Well Cucurella (who had a ‘calf strain’) flew off to Mykonos to meet with Boehly and spend a few days there, before a fee agreed. Of course these things happen before a deal was agreed. This had already happened when we put out the silly ‘contrary to reports’ tweet out

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Oh dear.

I hate to break the illusion but basically EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER now involves the agents/intermidaries having spoken to players first and agreeing 1 if they have an interest and 2 the personal finances WAY before the clubs even dare embarrass themselves by making an offer where the player then goes and turns them down.

If you were a football team, wouldn't you want to be PRETTY sure the player is actually going to join you before you go ahead and start throwing fees around?

I'd suggest you read The Secret Footballer, or the various podcasts covering this. Very interesting. I also think there was one on the Athletic the other week covering this.

Romano made it VERY clear that the clubs had not agreed fees and it was proving difficult but that the player was happy with the terms. That's pretty much standard now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm all for the model we are following.
Buy cheap/develop/sell high.

But it is a little bit concerning, if we are not even getting a full season out of our prospects.
Maybe we have just struck gold with Cucu/Moises and the next sales will be players we've got a bit more game time from.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
These young lads....'its a dream to play in the Premier league', then 5 minutes later they want out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm all for the model we are following.
Buy cheap/develop/sell high.

But it is a little bit concerning, if we are not even getting a full season out of our prospects.
Maybe we have just struck gold with Cucu/Moises and the next sales will be players we've got a bit more game time from.

The difference is Cucu and Caicedo were already strongly on the radar of the top clubs before we signed them. Their performances for us in the PL just then convince them that they are ready so they will move on quickly.

Players like Trossard, Mac Allister, Sanchez and obviously Bissouma will give us more game time as they were not wanted by the top clubs when we brought them in and they have developed into top quality players with us over that time.

I think the club are fully aware of this and have these two strands of players in their mind when we sign them. They're fully aware what might happen sooner rather than later with the particularly special talents like those two that we do exceptionally well to sign in the first place. If we do manage to sign one off talents like Cucu and Caicedo every now and again, then we've done very well. Watching them from early on, it was pretty obvious they weren't/aren't going to be with us for long. I have no problem with that as they are such exceptional talents and we will finance the future of the club through their extortionate sale prices.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oh dear.

I hate to break the illusion but basically EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER now involves the agents/intermidaries having spoken to players first and agreeing 1 if they have an interest and 2 the personal finances WAY before the clubs even dare embarrass themselves by making an offer where the player then goes and turns them down.

If you were a football team, wouldn't you want to be PRETTY sure the player is actually going to join you before you go ahead and start throwing fees around?

I'd suggest you read The Secret Footballer, or the various podcasts covering this. Very interesting. I also think there was one on the Athletic the other week covering this.

Romano made it VERY clear that the clubs had not agreed fees and it was proving difficult but that the player was happy with the terms. That's pretty much standard now.

Thanks for the PATRONISING reply.

I understand how transfers work and the roles agents play within them thank you very much so you can poke your podcasts.

Romano IS a CLOWN who KNOWS **** all! Haven't seen him be correct about anything that wasn't already in the public domain. When he is massively wrong he just deletes the tweets.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Isn’t he saying that Potter couldn’t turn down Chelsea, but he’s happy at Brighton?

But I expect more of this over time, Boehly/Potter learning the art of using Romano to unsettle players and help create unstoppable momentum.

Rather than the 'makes things up', 'lies', 'can't be trusted' comments about Romano that many have peddled, this is how I see his role following the Cucu saga. It's pretty obvious that he's got excellent (the best?) links to agents, but he also seems to be in the pockets of the Super League clubs, and probably gets paid by them for doing this unsettling work.
What goes on is the Super League by other means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here