Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just can't make myself get arsed about Kudus. Breaking out transfer record again, on a player who's clearly just waiting for the best off to come in. Just feels like veering away from what we are good at and just slugging away with the usual merry-go-round clubs for the same overpriced players.
I'm sure we have other possibilities "under the radar", this one seems too high profile

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy can feck right off, wanting to leave after a season or so is annoying, not even wanting to come here is a complete NO NO

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I'm sure we have other possibilities "under the radar", this one seems too high profile
I was just co sidering a thread recently where clubs like Leicester and Saints were considered to be the precursors to Brighton and where it started to go wrong for them. There were lots of factors but a big one was both clubs losing faith in what got them where they were in the first place. Overpaying, competing with others and breaking wage structures

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
‘West Ham about his level’

People have really forgotten who we are haven’t they :lolol: West Ham won a European competition last season, historically are a much bigger and better supported club than us and can pay higher wages.
I read that comments to mean 'Big spending mid-ranking Prem side' as opposed to a Top 6 club. He wasn't suggesting Brighton are bigger than West Ham.

Indeed, since the inception of the Prem West Ham have always attracted players chasing the pay cheque that have under-performed at that club while they wait for something better, i.e. Haller, Felipe Anderson, Vlasic, Scamacca, Formals, Arnautovic, Yarmolenko, Chicarito, Tevez and Mascherano. Kudus could easily be next on the conveyor belt.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
There's literally nothing in this one... maybe there was, but he clearly thinks he's BIGGER than us... Roberto poured water on things last week with his 'want to play for us' comments... clearly aimed at Both Moises and Kudus... We can do better and cheaper for sure... I also suspect he'll turn out to be 'okay' and nothing more... 30-40 million for 'okay' just doesn't fit our model.

Lastly, we have a clear priority right now and that trumps yet another winger/attacking midfielder... that and if he did rock up and scored a few he'd probably want out by Jan... West Ham would be perfect for him to be fair... home of the over hyped, under skilled and flash in the pan.
You’ll have Miss Marples come along in a minute and say there’s no actual evidence for that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well obviously Naylor is still getting some stuff but not to the same extent as in previous windows when he's virtually had a monopoly on it along with Brian Owen.
Well that's probably related to the slightly more interest from journalists when you're a top 6 PL side than when you're a top 6 Championship side.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
??? Who is briefing David Ornstein - Naylor's colleague and behind (with Naylor) most of the accurate Albion news this summer ?
Ornstein has a good relationship with the club. I've heard that he gave the club a heads up about Caicedo's agents briefing a certain someone that he was going to refuse to train in Jan and allowed them to put out their side of the story ahead of that.

I believe he gets his information from many different sources, rather than directly from the club, but due to the good relationship (I'd say the same is with Naylor tbh) he is able to corroborate those stories with the club before publishing. Means his hit rate is pretty good.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was just co sidering a thread recently where clubs like Leicester and Saints were considered to be the precursors to Brighton and where it started to go wrong for them. There were lots of factors but a big one was both clubs losing faith in what got them where they were in the first place. Overpaying, competing with others and breaking wage structures
We need to stick to our rules, find great players under the radar and find mugs to overpay for them once we've developed them, repeat.....

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Maybe it comes down to our famous data bank. We can see something in his skillset that others aren't quite on to?
....or, his agent is loving the publicity his 'boy' is attracting, and his hoping a Saudi contract will fall onto his desk sometime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here