Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Probably nonsense, but I've read somewhere this morning, can't remember where, that Chelsea want either Kudus or Caicedo but can't afford both.

So they have Kudus on standby should their play for Moises fall through. Hence his reluctance to accept our offer.
Ha this is proper stale mate. I still think we don't want to commit to kudus until the caicedo price is met.

Balls in Chelsea's court

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ha this is proper stale mate. I still think we don't want to commit to kudus until the caicedo price is met.

Balls in Chelsea's court
What does Astrid think about this?

Chelsea need her services to unclog the embouchement.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Don't believe it's conected to the Caicedo saga at all - Kudus hasn't agreed terms; he wants more money so is hoping for a 'big' club to come in for him (or us to shatter our pay structure).

But it's de Zerbi who has been pushing for him, apparantly.
I’ve also heard somewhere that it was De Zerbi pushing for him and I also believe he spoke to him to convince him to come here.
However, I’m sure that Roberto doesn’t want someone coming who isn't completely committed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve also heard somewhere that it was De Zerbi pushing for him and I also believe he spoke to him to convince him to come here.
However, I’m sure that Roberto doesn’t want someone coming who isn't completely committed.
Which is exactly what he said (committed players) in his very downbeat (imo) post match interview. Maybe he already knew Kudus was going to prevaricate hoping for a more prestigious club to come in for him….and it pissed him off…

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Maybe his agent is spending the time to read the finer details of the contract as dont want to be caught out like Caicedo

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But we cant just hang around while he waits to see if anything better comes along. There needs to be some kind of timescale because if he's not signing we need to be making enquiries about other players instead, and we need time left in the window for any other potential deals to be done.
I'd hazard a guess, we are doing all of that concurrently.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
That same flight left Biggin Hill at 08.07 this morning for Amsterdam. I assume it's taken someone or a group of people to Amsterdam for the day, for business. Hopefully it's us finalising the personal terms.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We don't just sign kids though do we - Dahoud, Milner, Estupinan, Igor, Mitoma, even Joao Pedro really don't fit into that category. The recruitment strategy is a lot more nuanced - than just signing 18 year wunderkids from Peru or Dublin. Although we do that too.
Of course. I'm talking specifically about players who would be classed in the 'elite bracket'.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Which is exactly what he said (committed players) in his very downbeat (imo) post match interview. Maybe he already knew Kudus was going to prevaricate hoping for a more prestigious club to come in for him….and it pissed him off…
Yes, I thought he was very downbeat. He probably went out of his way to convince him to come and maybe initial response was encouraging.
It must be frustrating.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Happy for Chelsea to have him and we keep Caicedo tbh :shrug:
....and then the links to a move in January start immediately and go on week after week.
We need to get rid now. Clear the decks, cash in and move on. He is a very good player but is immature and easily influenced. In January, his dream move was Arsenal. Now, apparently, its Chelsea. Who next?
We don't need this constant uncertainty. He has only played one full season in the PL and who knows how his career will develop. Let someone else wear the shirt who doesn't appear to be playing under sufferance and sulk.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
....and then the links to a move in January start immediately and go on week after week.
We need to get rid now. Clear the decks, cash in and move on. He is a very good player but is immature and easily influenced. In January, his dream move was Arsenal. Now, apparently, its Chelsea. Who next?
We don't need this constant uncertainty. He has only played one full season in the PL and who knows how his career will develop. Let someone else wear the shirt who doesn't appear to be playing under sufferance and sulk.
You are going to really struggle when teams come knocking for Enciso, Mitoma, Ferguson, JP, etc. in the next few transfer windows. We are lucky only one player is being targeted right now and we need to be strong now or face half the team striking in January!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Name me one game where Moises has given anything less than 100% or looked under sufferance and sulky please

I think you are just making things up to suit your agenda

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That same flight left Biggin Hill at 08.07 this morning for Amsterdam. I assume it's taken someone or a group of people to Amsterdam for the day, for business. Hopefully it's us finalising the personal terms.
Bloom’s private jet sent for a collection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here