Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We did have the occasional bumper close season with 6 or 7 signings, even back then. Trouble is, the combined fees wouldn’t have been enough to buy one of Caicedo’s earlobes - and it was pretty easy to guess that “Colin Hawkins” and “Jonny Dixon” wouldn’t be outrageously gifted South American wonder kids.
You say that, but Dixon was born in Murcia, and had a Spanish flag against his name on the program. That was quite exotic at the time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Do we really need him? If Moises goes I'd prefer another DM, as we have numerous attack minded midfielders already.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Do we really need him? If Moises goes I'd prefer another DM, as we have numerous attack minded midfielders already.
We’ve lost MacArgie, we just let Sarmiento go on loan, we haven’t replaced Mwepu yet, ok we’ve added Pedro and Dahoud but IMO we were a striker light last season anyway (this might have been mentioned once or twice by others….), we have Europa League. So yes I think we do need another. If Moises leaves then we need to replace him too separately to this.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Indeed, I remember being on holiday in Spain during the close season and having to wait until the following day to buy a paper and read the Sports pages hoping to see news of Albion signings. Never happened as we were 3rd or 4th division at the time and hardly ever got a mention anyway. A real case of the hope that kills you every morning :smile:

Now I can’t open the internet without seeing what further rape and pillage Chelsea are intending on us as they try and turn themselves into the victims :lolol:

I think I preferred the old days!
I think we all feel like that at times.
The feeling that we are becoming victims of our own success. Waiting for the next bit of gossip about one of our players or our manager. Yes, it is a reflection of our progress, which we are all enjoying but it's also tiresome.

Reactions: cjd

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I understand all that and agree. Trouble is, while Brighton is a more exciting football project under De Zerbi than almost anywhere else, if Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU etc are offering £250k+ a week, it’s going to be pretty hard to convince a young guy, especially from Africa or S America, that exciting football is the most important factor to consider. Particularly when there’s some parasite of an agent in the background to 'advise' him.
I think it's pretty harsh to suggest players only want to go to the big clubs because of money. It's far more likely to be because of the prestige of playing for one of the world's most famous clubs, to play alongside world class players, and the opportunities to win titles and trophies. I'm sure there's plenty of players out there who would take a pay cut to play for Manchester United over the likes of West Ham, Forest, Fulham or ourselves.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If we're trying to convince Moises to give it another season, I'm sure making a statement signing like this will do us no harm.

Taking into account sales of Sideshow, Mac Allister, Bissouma, Maupay, Trossard, Ostigard and Sanchez, I make it that we are still up around £50m in net transfer spend for the last two seasons if this one goes through, and we broke even the season before that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
SportsworldGhana are saying club/player have agreed a 5 year contract + 1 year option with medicals due in next 48 hours.
Promising.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. But I'm not sure my pedant antennae can cope with signing a player with just 5 letters to his name that half the posters on NSC will repeatedly misspell. :facepalm:
The same people who manage it with Enciso, although it is one extra letter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here