Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
May I ask why? Genuine interest as I don't know much about him

This video gives what seems like a fair assessment of his strengths and weaknesses

I've not seen enough of him to make any kind of judgement, though he did stand out at the World Cup. As always, I'll trust the recruitment team.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’m not particularly bothered if we do or don’t get him. We have so many options in forward areas.

My concern is what are we doing to bolster defensive options. We are so light at centre back and full back cover.

I think you can rest assured that we're working on defensive recruits too.

I know what you mean about Kudus as it seems like a bit of luxury splurge after signing João Pedro. It's Tony's wad to splurge though so if the club thinks it's worth it, I'm in.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This video gives what seems like a fair assessment of his strengths and weaknesses

I've not seen enough of him to make any kind of judgement, though he did stand out at the World Cup. As always, I'll trust the recruitment team.

As always an excellent video by that guy and from that he seems very much an RDZ player.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Just an opinion. Read any of NooBHAs posts on the thread.

In any case, I hardly think we need any more forwards, especially at the fee mentioned.

I should have explained my reservatiions
The summer transfer window after we lost to Middlesbrough and then subsequently lost in the play offs Tony Bloom said “strengthening from a position of strength makes sense to me.” He turned down multiple offers for our best players, we signed Glenn Murray when we already had Hemed and the rest is history.

If we really want to establish ourselves amongst the big boys you have to improve year on year. You have to sign players better than the ones you have and use your already brilliant ones in rotation for squad depth. Or they will raise their game another level to make sure they play. This plays into the ‘mentality’ thing RDZ constantly talks about.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The summer transfer window after we lost to Middlesbrough and then subsequently lost in the play offs Tony Bloom said “strengthening from a position of strength makes sense to me.” He turned down multiple offers for our best players, we signed Glenn Murray when we already had Hemed and the rest is history.

If we really want to establish ourselves amongst the big boys you have to improve year on year. You have to sign players better than the ones you have and use your already brilliant ones in rotation for squad depth. Or they will raise their game another level to make sure they play. This plays into the ‘mentality’ thing RDZ constantly talks about.
As i stated its all about opinions. I agree with you about signing players better than the ones we have. I watched his highlights reel and saw nothing. What do i know?
Part of me is excited about signing a player from Ajax for a big fee when i was 13 Ajax won the European cup for the third year in a row!!

May 16, 2023
Looks very much like someone RDZ would want because of his ability maintain possession under pressure in central areas which is obvs vital in DeZerbiBall. Finishing and end product in general might be more of an issue but this stuff (mainly decision making at this level) can be worked on by a great coach. Which we have

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
CPT bomb is great news, means it's not just smoke. Really want this signing, seems like a more prolific Solly and with March entering his 30s it would be smart recruitment, especially with European football

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The junior Naylor now reporting it. Close links with the club

@ ing Fabrizo bloke and another to say well done for breaking it - not sure this kid has any links with the club? Naylor & Owen only I think…

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
CPT bomb is great news, means it's not just smoke. Really want this signing, seems like a more prolific Solly and with March entering his 30s it would be smart recruitment, especially with European football

Very different player to March (who's 28 btw). Kudus can do at job on the wing but long term destined to okay centrally, I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here