Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
8A0EF0EE-EBAB-4A8A-8FD0-F0351A26D506.png
E41BCCA2-E31F-4FE6-87D9-1366C3E95091.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
RB Salzburg appear to want big money for Camara. Now that Leeds have baulked at the asking price and have gone for Adams instead I think we’ll be doing some more window shopping and then make a cheeky bid for Camara to test RB Salzburg’s resolve.
I’m sure we won’t overpay and we’ve been linked with a few alternative defensive midfielder replacements. However, I’m sure we have been monitoring Camara and maybe this is one that will happen idc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s like an art project almost up there with the KLF. Total nonsense from start to finish but the joy he’s had stringing everyone along has been the highlight of rumour season so far.

Absolutely picked the right bunch of fans to wind up as well :lolol::lolol:

[tweet]1543995589527994369[/tweet]

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Andy Naylor doesn't give much away until something is fairly concrete and the club gives him the green light.
In an article in the Athletic he discusses Brighton's midfield options without Bissouma.

The following statement makes me think the club have their eyes firmly 'focused' on Camara.
In Naylor World this comes as close to saying the club are in for someone as we are going to get from him.

"Mohamed Camara is among the players on Brighton’s radar to expand even further Potter’s midfield options. Bissouma’s Mali international team-mate has been released from pre-season training by Red Bull Salzburg — Mwepu’s former club — to resolve his future.

Leeds are understood to be priced out of consolidating their interest in the 22-year-old, who fits the mould of Brighton’s recruitment model."

Full article:
https://theathletic.com/3392101/2022/07/05/brighton-without-yves-bissouma/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't see us spending the price they want for him. Too expensive I reckon for our business model. Mark this once down as fanciful.

Stumpy Tim

Can't see us spending the price they want for him. Too expensive I reckon for our business model. Mark this once down as fanciful.

Not sure about that. If his stats suggest he's already top quality, while he's still only 22, then I think we would be in for him. We were after Nunez for more allegedly. Bloom is all about resale value

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Andy Naylor doesn't give much away until something is fairly concrete and the club gives him the green light.
In an article in the Athletic he discusses Brighton's midfield options without Bissouma.

The following statement makes me think the club have their eyes firmly 'focused' on Camara.
In Naylor World this comes as close to saying the club are in for someone as we are going to get from him.

"Mohamed Camara is among the players on Brighton’s radar to expand even further Potter’s midfield options. Bissouma’s Mali international team-mate has been released from pre-season training by Red Bull Salzburg — Mwepu’s former club — to resolve his future.

Leeds are understood to be priced out of consolidating their interest in the 22-year-old, who fits the mould of Brighton’s recruitment model."

Full article:
https://theathletic.com/3392101/2022/07/05/brighton-without-yves-bissouma/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

If the biggest club in the world can’t afford him…

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t think the fee will be as high as Twitter have suggested and I’m not sure Leeds were even interested. Originally it was rumoured he had some kind of release clause/agreed sale amount.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Not sure about that. If his stats suggest he's already top quality, while he's still only 22, then I think we would be in for him. We were after Nunez for more allegedly. Bloom is all about resale value

this, I don't get why some fans think that just cause we aren't chasing mercenaries on insane wages, we aren't willing to financially extend ourselves for the right players. yes, people will mention the money we owe TB but he's shown no inkling of wanting returns yet and seems committed to continued investment in the project.

it's always been 'right player for the right price', and if that player is a bloody brilliant talent who can step right into a gap in the team then there's absolutely no reason why we wouldn't be willing to up the ante financially in order to get them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here