Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mohamed bayo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Usual nonsense. We are down to two realistic striker options, and one of those is clearly not good enough yet. You do the math you clown [emoji1782]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistic according to you, yes. Potter and the club might see it in a different way.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I suspect it's got more to do with Tony Bloom having some high denomination notes removed from his wallet with zero return.

But he knows every place in the Prem is worth £2m a season and imagine how much we would make if we have a good cup run or, dare I say it, the European Conference thingy… risk and reward…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have progressed.Have you not seen the league table?

How about you putting your hand in your pocket?

Pathetic ‘put your hand in your pocket’ nonsense

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They have signed strikers since and are going to do it again at some point, when needed.

When needed is now (but we have to wait until January)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Realistic according to you, yes. Potter and the club might see it in a different way.

I doubt it. If Maupay is injured, suspended, or loses form, we are seriously ****ed. Anyone (including those at the club) can see that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I suppose the question i'd ask is how many "have a punt on them as they might come to something in the future" type strikers do we need?

Striker numbers are less likely to be an issue after this season as we'll have to make a decision on whether to give serious game time to Sima, Zeqiri Connolly, Sarmiento if he's playing there. In the years after that the other u23 strikers may come into the reckoning.

Striker numbers probably will be an issue this season, unless Maupay and Trossard (if that's what he is now) stay clear of injury and suspension and don't lose form.

I know it's not the club's policy but I think there's a strong argument for getting a "different type" of striker in January. One who knows the ropes and can help us for 6 months

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I suppose the question i'd ask is how many "have a punt on them as they might come to something in the future" type strikers do we need?

Striker numbers are less likely to be an issue after this season as we'll have to make a decision on whether to give serious game time to Sima, Zeqiri Connolly, Sarmiento if he's playing there. In the years after that the other u23 strikers may come into the reckoning.

Striker numbers probably will be an issue this season, unless Maupay and Trossard (if that's what he is now) stay clear of injury and suspension and don't lose form.

I know it's not the club's policy but I think there's a strong argument for getting a "different type" of striker in January. One who knows the ropes and can help us for 6 months

He looks decent and you can never have too many! If he works out he goes to the top of the tree, if not he can progress, get loaned out or sold. 1.88, could be that guy you need to bully defenders in plan B.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

NINTCHDBPICT000615449154.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I doubt it. If Maupay is injured, suspended, or loses form, we are seriously ****ed. Anyone (including those at the club) can see that.

When needed is now (but we have to wait until January)

Not necessarily. I think what you are failing to recognise is that not everyone shares your perverted hoarding strikers-fetisch

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not necessarily. I think what you are failing to recognise is that not everyone shares your perverted hoarding strikers-fetisch

I would not call it a perverted hoarding of strikers, it is clear we are running low on options up front currently at the club able to play, and another option ready to go is as most on here agree something we would all like to see.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would not call it a perverted hoarding of strikers, it is clear we are running low on options up front currently at the club able to play, and another option ready to go is as most on here agree something we would all like to see.

Same number of strikers as most PL clubs, including those playing in Europe. If the club felt it was running low on options up front, I doubt Sima and Zeqiri would have been loaned out.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Barber has gone on record multiple times saying Bloom doesn't like doing business in Jan as he feels there isn't a lot of value to be had.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Barber has gone on record multiple times saying Bloom doesn't like doing business in Jan as he feels there isn't a lot of value to be had.

But, if they knew Welbs was likely to be out for a long time, and there is some value to be had......

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the length of time Welbeck is expected to be out will have some baring in jan . If he’s still not back , there a possibility the club may look to strengthen for this season .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

But despite this we've done business in nearly every January transfer window in the last 10 years, including some significant signings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It depends what you mean by "seriously ****ed". Clearly it would derail our season, but I'd still expect us to have way too much to get involved in a relegation scrap. Trossard could move up top, Connolly is still deemed good enough for this squad and besides, we are tough to score against. I'd back us to stay up even if we made no further signings even if Maupay/Welbeck were out for the season.

A good value striker though, well yes please if possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here