Mods VS Rockers

• Mods

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Rockers

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Weird this - i was going to post the very same poll yesterday and I didn't watch Quadrophenia. Think it was something to do with the fact the Goodwood Revival is 50s and 60s based this year.

Tough one for me.

Mod music

Rocker motorcycles

Jan 30, 2008
the mods had a bit of a revival in the early eighties , there used to be a big mod weekend in brighton down at black rock

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Give you a bit of a clue.

This arrived in the post for me, quite literally TODAY.

me-1205105-nvy.jpg

Gonna wear it to the Hanbury Ballroom next Friday

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I was a mod..............

when we played mods v rockers as an alternative to Cowboys & Indians at Connaught Rd Junior School in Littlehampton circa 1964/5 !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
we had a few mods over my way in lewes, easy going bunch, unlike us rowdy skinheads :rolleyes:

Mods always were less rowdy. Too busy being peacocks.

There were some proper old school suedeheads at the Bad Manners gig on Monday. They looked the bloody business. Always loved the suedehead look. First time I came across it was at a Desmond Dekker gig back in the 80s in Worthing when I was a teenager. Very impressive.

Jan 30, 2008
Mods always were less rowdy. Too busy being peacocks.

There were some proper old school suedeheads at the Bad Manners gig on Monday. They looked the bloody business. Always loved the suedehead look. First time I came across it was at a Desmond Dekker gig back in the 80s in Worthing when I was a teenager. Very impressive.
where was the bad manners gig? last seen them down jenkinson's in early eighties :p

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
where was the bad manners gig? last seen them down jenkinson's in early eighties :p

Concorde 2. He's lost a lot of weight. Down to about 15 stone. It was a cracking gig. I'd forgotten just how many hits they'd had.

Lorraine, Lorraine, Walking on Sunshine, My Girl lollipop, Lip up fatty, Can Can... Great evening. There seems to be a real revival in ska, northern soul and mod music in Brighton. Gonna check out the ska night at the Railway Hotel too soon. There's also Da doo ron ron and the Concorde had a Northern Soul all nighter recently.

I think if you're after something a bit rockier that the Volks and the Engine Room have regular nights with punk, ska, psychobilly kind of stuff. I'll go but am definitely stating at the back. I remember going to see King Kurt in Portsmouth years back. *shudder*

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I wore my parka to a madness concert, i got some funny looks.:laugh:

Jan 30, 2008
Concorde 2. He's lost a lot of weight. Down to about 15 stone. It was a cracking gig. I'd forgotten just how many hits they'd had.

Lorraine, Lorraine, Walking on Sunshine, My Girl lollipop, Lip up fatty, Can Can... Great evening. There seems to be a real revival in ska, northern soul and mod music in Brighton. Gonna check out the ska night at the Railway Hotel too soon. There's also Da doo ron ron and the Concorde had a Northern Soul all nighter recently.

I think if you're after something a bit rockier that the Volks and the Engine Room have regular nights with punk, ska, psychobilly kind of stuff. I'll go but am definitely stating at the back. I remember going to see King Kurt in Portsmouth years back. *shudder*[/QUOTE Yes, concorde 2 , see the Damned down there last year,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here