Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moder

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gross's replacement? Gross is maturing like a fine wine. Business as usual - Cruyff turn, tick, Assist, tick, Great engine and involvement for 90 minutes, tick. Too early to write him off just yet.

This exactly. Gross has been outstanding the past month or two. I am really pleased, he must be one of our best ever signings given the modest price we paid for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All this and young Moises whatshisface to come :thumbsup:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We need to stop buying so many good young players. How are we going to play them all?

Great starting debut for him. Keep working hard lad.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he did the simple stuff well and made intelligent runs. Not getting excited just yet but has shown enough to displace Propper.

I'm intrigued.

How do you displace someone who is not in the team?

And by that I mean the starting 11

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
All this and young Moises whatshisface to come :thumbsup:

I've been looking at the showreels of Moder, Karbownik and Caicedo, and without getting too carried away, all three look very, very promising. Moder is the box to box midfielder and has already proven he can deliver at PL level in an unfamiliar position, while Karbownik is the baller, and Caicedo is the one who breaks up play. At 21, 19 and 19 respectively, we've recruited some real talent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Absolute class out of position and with very limited game time since his transfer. Has been patient and has taken his chance. Bonus points for giving murphy a bit of verbal too. And the back heel was sublime. Didn't we pay big money for him when all the focus was on getting a striker in. Just saying...

We paid 6m according to press reports, which is modest in terms of PL fees - certainly not big money. Another bargain on he basis of his full debut.

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
We paid 6m according to press reports, which is modest in terms of PL fees - certainly not big money. Another bargain on he basis of his full debut.

Unfortunately, your press was inaccurate with the first reports. 6M is only the first rate for Moder, 5M is to be paid next year + app. 1,5M for shortening the loan back to Lech Poznań in winter (I'm operating in Euro). Maybe 12,5M is not impressive for BPL but still the record for Polish Ekstraklasa. This is from October - https://kkslech.com/2020/10/04/jakub-moder-w-brighton-kwota-transferu-moze-wyniesc-125-mln-euro/ . Remember that Lipsk was at the table till the very end and offered very similiar money - the key decision was that you allowed Jakub to be loaned back for the 20/21 to Lech.

Watched your game, the visible advantage you had on the pitch over Newcastle was impressive. Very good composure. Hope you'll be soon safe for the next season i BPL. Cheers

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Wisła Kraków;9792671 said:
Unfortunately, your press was inaccurate with the first reports. 6M is only the first rate for Moder, 5M is to be paid next year + app. 1,5M for shortening the loan back to Lech Poznań in winter (I'm operating in Euro). Maybe 12,5M is not impressive for BPL but still the record for Polish Ekstraklasa. This is from October - https://kkslech.com/2020/10/04/jakub-moder-w-brighton-kwota-transferu-moze-wyniesc-125-mln-euro/ . Remember that Lipsk was at the table till the very end and offered very similiar money - the key decision was that you allowed Jakub to be loaned back for the 20/21 to Lech.

Watched your game, the visible advantage you had on the pitch over Newcastle was impressive. Very good composure. Hope you'll be soon safe for the next season i BPL. Cheers

Unrelated question, but who are the best up and coming Polish strkers? Any highly rated youngsters tipped to be the next Lewandowski?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Thank you for the info, I think I speak for most here, that price looks a snip and great value for Moder based on what we’ve seen so far.

Obviously our club felt the same!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’s probably cemented a spot against England next week. That’ll be an interesting watch.

Love to see him ping in a last minute winner!

Wisła Kraków

Oct 8, 2020
Unrelated question, but who are the best up and coming Polish strkers? Any highly rated youngsters tipped to be the next Lewandowski?

Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to produce Lewandowski-type players every few years :) Last year there was Bartosz Białek in Zaglebie Lubin but he was quickly bought after 1 good round by Wolfsburg for 5M Euro + 10% from the next transfer fee. Yet, he's very young (19?) and Wolfsburg is very successful this season so Białek is given not much time, yet he managed to score his first goal in Bundesliga. He's praised a lot for his work in Germany so maybe in 1-2 seasons you'll hear about him more.

In Ekstraklasa this season is not abundant in goals scored by young, promising strikers. But our league is currently under such scrutiny by top5 scouts (mainly Italian and German but BPL has got its eyes everytwhere too..) that is uncommon to keep successful up and coming players longer that 1 round. A season is luxury..

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What a brilliant performance from the young man. Looked very composed, comfortable in and out of possession and has legs. He looked the full package and it was a brilliant debut.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Wisła Kraków;9792950 said:
Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to produce Lewandowski-type players every few years :) Last year there was Bartosz Białek in Zaglebie Lubin but he was quickly bought after 1 good round by Wolfsburg for 5M Euro + 10% from the next transfer fee. Yet, he's very young (19?) and Wolfsburg is very successful this season so Białek is given not much time, yet he managed to score his first goal in Bundesliga. He's praised a lot for his work in Germany so maybe in 1-2 seasons you'll hear about him more.

In Ekstraklasa this season is not abundant in goals scored by young, promising strikers. But our league is currently under such scrutiny by top5 scouts (mainly Italian and German but BPL has got its eyes everytwhere too..) that is uncommon to keep successful up and coming players longer that 1 round. A season is luxury..

12,5m is indeed big money outside of the top 6 or 7 leagues, impressive money. I know there was talk in Poland about whether Moder or Karbownik would be the first 10m transfer from the Ekstraklasa, nice to see both ending up in Brighton.

As for promising young Polish strikers I think Bartosz Bialek looks very promising, unfortunately Wolfsburg got their hands on him.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I'm intrigued.

How do you displace someone who is not in the team?

And by that I mean the starting 11

Ok, perhaps the wrong word (unless Moder where to physically pick up Propper from the bench and move him so he doesn't come on at 80 minutes) I just think he may have nudged ahead (figuratively) in the pecking order for first team football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here