Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moder quite fast..

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The guy is big, he is fast and strong, has good ball skills, can head the ball and his shots at goal were seldom wild and most were close to or on target, they just didn’t go in imo, except against England for Poland :smile:

Maybe I am over selling him but that’s what I think :shrug:

I remember Solly being under rated as he came back from his last injury, I was one who doubted too. I think Moder will surprise many if we keep him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Not convinced by Moder at all.

His passing is suspect, he gets caught on the ball too often and last season we averaged over a point per game more when he doesn't play.

I hope he has a good Euros so we get the best price for him.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

His passing is suspect, he gets caught on the ball too often and last season we averaged over a point per game more when he doesn't play.

He played a bit part after coming back from a very long injury when we had mostly turned to shit and pretty well everyone looked f***ed so to suggest he was somehow responsible for a drop off in points gained is, well silly :smile:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

But he only played later in the season, after we'd gone off the boil generally. Don't think we can put that down to him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He played a bit part after coming back from a very long injury when we had mostly turned to shit and pretty well everyone looked f***ed so to suggest he was somehow responsible for a drop off in points gained is, well silly :smile:

A quick look at his stats before the injury say the same.

He's not that good.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
An obvious replacement for Lallana in midfield.
If Hürzeler plays the same formation and tactics he used at St Pauli, he’ll want plenty of goals and assists from his two central midfielders. Here is what Hartel & Irvine did last season for him:

IMG_4989.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

They needed the central defender Eric Smith to step up and cover their moves forward, I’m sure we’ll find a player to do that.

But Moder would need an astonishing up turn in his goal and assist stats to earn a central midfield berth under our new manager. If not in central midfield, where would he play?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why are we trying to sell off our CMs, exactly? We’re already two short and might yet lose Gross to need three added this summer, making that four seems daft.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why are we trying to sell off our CMs, exactly? We’re already two short and might yet lose Gross to need three added this summer, making that four seems daft.
Because people MUST HAVE SUCCESS NOW

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will be genuinely pissed off if we sell him. I think he will be a star next season and maybe even in the rest of the Euros. Very under rated player imo
Indeed. And I seem to recall 18 months ago the calls for us to 'get rid' of Pascal. And before that, March.

(I'd love to derail the thread by mentioning Jeremy Corbyn, but I can't think of anything, off hand).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I will be genuinely pissed off if we sell him. I think he will be a star next season and maybe even in the rest of the Euros. Very under rated player imo
Why?
50+ games for us, no goals, 2-3 assists and he's not even close. Stats usually looks like this:

And we have a 0.-something points per game ratio when he is starting.
He looks good (if he was ugly people would want him gone yesterday) and works hard but he's really just a very poor mans Davy Pröpper. Maybe if Hurz want to try him DMC or CB, I'd be open for that. But if Moder is supposed to have some kind of positive effect on our attacking play... well, not much evidence suggesting he's up for it.

I hope and think we sell him or loan him out looking to sell him later on. Good player but not our level.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we need to possibly buy more of the right types. I suspect they’ll be lots of buying and selling going on because of new systems and formations.

Hürzeler seemingly needs centre back playmakers who step into defensive midfield and then central midfielders who can get big numbers in terms of goals and assists.

Whilst this could really suit the like of Groß and Buonanotte, are Moder, Gilmour, Baleba, and Milner going to get us the goals and assists we need from midfield? We need players posting the sorts of stats KDH got last year.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we need to possibly buy more of the right types. I suspect they’ll be lots of buying and selling going on because of new systems and formations.

Hürzeler seemingly needs centre back playmakers who step into defensive midfield and then central midfielders who can get big numbers in terms of goals and assists.

Whilst this could really suit the like of Groß and Buonanotte, are Moder, Gilmour, Baleba, and Milner going to get us the goals and assists we need from midfield? We need players posting the sorts of stats KDH got last year.
Wait, so now we’re selling off the entire midfield?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
With Moder being such a Speedy Gonzales, I hope Fabian can use this to counter if necessary. I hope that speed was measured after his long injury and not before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here