Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning about The Amex, The Club, The Squad, The Travel etc...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the post started off well by saying that before moaning you should stop and think but then descended into drivel. If there is a problem then people should raise it as an issue. How you raise it determines whether it is a moan or constructive criticism. Lumping complaints about hand dryers and kiosk queues into the same bracket as the disabled parking is demeaning to those that have a genuine concern about being able to actually get to Falmer to watch a match. I'm able bodied and haven't yet worked out the best way of getting to Falmer and expect it to take several games before I do so, but I know I will get there. If you're disabled and unable to use P&R then it is a concern with kick-off only 10 days away.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Funny...you really would want a parking place if you were disabled...just for once think of people who are less fortunate than you!

That would depend on my disability. If I was deaf then I don't think a parking space would be essential and I'd just get on the train with the other general season ticket holders but if I was in a wheelchair and had limited mobility then yes I would want the ability to get to the stadium without too much moving or a long distance to travel

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That would depend on my disability. If I was deaf then I don't think a parking space would be essential and I'd just get on the train with the other general season ticket holders but if I was in a wheelchair and had limited mobility then yes I would want the ability to get to the stadium without too much moving or a long distance to travel

If you were deaf, you wouldn't have a blue badge, but you would have a free bus pass regardless of your age.

juanpablotheseagul

Mar 8, 2011
What point are you making Return of the Rev? BHA fans, are fans whether they are new to NSC or not, there are plenty of people on here that pre date your time joining, but I would hope they were rather more mature than to criticise fellow supporters.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Great post and made me realize I was becoming one of those moaners. Do you remember when the plans had just been passed some wag erected a set of goalposts in that forlorn and lonely field. It made me chuckle and then get quite choked up as I drove past. Now we're nearly at the first league game and who cares how I get there but be there I will.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perspective.

This, 1996-97. League Two.

20 Hartlepool United 46 14 9 23 53 66 51
21 Torquay United 46 13 11 22 46 62 50
22 Exeter City 46 12 12 22 48 73 48
23 Brighton & Hove Albion 46 13 10 23 53 70 47 *
24 Hereford United 46 11 14 21 50 65 47

and this, 1997-98. In Gillingham.

20. Swansea City 46 13 11 22 49 62 50
21. Cardiff City 46 9 23 14 48 52 50
22. Hull City 46 11 8 27 56 83 41
23. Brighton & Hove Albion 46 6 17 23 38 66 35
24. Doncaster Rovers 46 4 8 34 30 113 20

Which is EXACTLY where my "Gritt23" comes from. Let's never forget just how absolutely delighted we once were about finishing 23rd in the bottom division under Steve Gritt.

However, we also mustn't be completely blinkered to problems. The current transformation is HUGE, the scale of the match day operation is a massive step-up from what this club has managed previously, so there are inevitably problems coping with that. We must be wise to them, and we should also highlight them to ensure they are rectified. We are currently in the "ramp up" period and that is exactly about highlighting problems, and getting a chance to iron them out asap.

The club have done a fantastic job, but where things aren't working properly, or could be improved very easily, I see no reason not to raise it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
However, we also mustn't be completely blinkered to problems. The current transformation is HUGE, the scale of the match day operation is a massive step-up from what this club has managed previously, so there are inevitably problems coping with that. We must be wise to them, and we should also highlight them to ensure they are rectified. We are currently in the "ramp up" period and that is exactly about highlighting problems, and getting a chance to iron them out asap.

The club have done a fantastic job, but where things aren't working properly, or could be improved very easily, I see no reason not to raise it.

Good post. The manager, the team, even the board are not the club, the fans are. The management needs to understand and keep understanding that if there are problems, then the problems need dealing with, not ignored or swept under the carpet. Raising these issues and getting them resolved is not moaning.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yep me and my family went to nearly all those games over those seasons. I remember the utter despair we often felt going obligingly to gillingham each week knowing we'd likely lose and the club could fold at anytime. Still we were committed sth and the club needed our money in very lean times. Never lost the faith that 6th aug 2011 would come one day. That's why it's going to be a very special day for us in less than TWO weeks!!

Now THAT is when you know it's been worth all the anguish :thumbsup:

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for all the positive comments (I'll ignore the 'Andrew Naylor' one!)

Whoops sorry! Was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, Andy Naylor could not write anything as well put as your post., it was just a sarcastic jibe at him.

I started by saying its a "Quality post. Beautifully put." and I'd say it's one of the best posts I read on here, sums it up perfectly and I couldn't agree more with you. :)

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone thinking of having a moan either on here or directly to anyone at the club. Please STOP, take a few minutes to think about things and engage your brain before continuing. I seriously think there are a (hopefully minority) group of fans who really need to reset their mindset.

[soapbox]

At the moment I think too many people are thinking of The Amex (and Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club circa 2011/12 generally) in the same way that people think of a brand new car.

If you've ever gone to a car showroom and chosen a new car, poured over the brochure and options list, gone for a test drive, chosen the colour and then finally done the deal and placed the order. You then sit waiting for months and months whilst your order is processed, a build slot is confirmed, your car is built and eventually shipped and ready for collection. Throughout this time you've imagined it and pictured it being perfect. Then the day comes to collect it or soon after, and you notice a tiny imperfection or scratch in the paintwork, or something inside the car rattles when you go over a bump.

You lose all sense of reality and the fact that your new car is much better than your old one. It looks perfect to everyone else, but all you notice are the little niggles.

The mindset that people SHOULD have is the one of proud parents. You've waited months and months for your new arrival, you've had ups and downs but now the time has finally come and you couldn't be happier. Those visiting might think it's ears might stick out a bit more than they should, or it's eyes might not be the right shade of blue, and yes it has a few gaps in it's teeth, but none of these things actually matter. It is still PERFECT in your eyes and you are proud and elated.

Then as it grows up you have the excitement and the nerves of the first day at school, the day when some bigger boys pick on it or it takes a couple of knocks in the playground. But it is still your baby, you will always love it and support it and nurture it.

So stop moaning, picking faults, tutting and shaking your head when they don't move quick enough or get an answer to a question wrong... Instead, be a proud parent looking forward to seeing your beloved Albion grow bigger and stronger. And when things don't go to plan, don't say 'I told you so', get behind them and support them!

They need us as much as we need them.

[/soapbox]
do nt be so harsh your old banger got us home and away.question would you love it if it was a ginger ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here