Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOANERS in the Albion end shocker!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How can you knock any fan that make's the effort to go to an away game that involves a 10 hour trip...Not saying they are right, however they are completly entitled to their opinion. That might not match yours, but they pay their money they can say what they want.. Least they made an effort to get up there....., unlike some of the keyboard warriors on here slating every single person's opinion.

Oldham looked poor yesterday, I thought we played some really good attractive football and it was well worth the trip.

Take off the blue and white stripped glasses for one second and you might actually see that we are currently halfway down the 3rd division of the football leagues in this country.. That means we aren't the best club in the land and yes we actually aren't that good in football terms.

Completly agree that we are improving and am really positive about the future with eveything that is going on.
I am as nuts about the albion as anyone else however some people especially on here seem to think that we are better than we actually are.... division 3 teams have divsion 3 standard players.... WE aren't actually that good.

Well if the moaners were from oooooop North, they probably didn't have to travel for 10 hours. Perhaps this might have something to do with it? :shrug:

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
3) The chap to my left, who called Dicker all manner of things throughout the match - "come on you useless wanker" and "get that useless twat Dicker off"

That guy was standing to the right of me and was a proper :tosser:!
He hardly had a good word to say about the team, slagging them off for pretty much the whole 90 mins. dickhead...dont know why he bothers to be honest.

To top it off, he turned around to me and the people i was with to tell me how shit the el abd song was after we started it! piss off!! :tantrum: lol

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
I think most of the time this kind of behavior is intended to demonstrate their "superior understanding of the game" to everyone in ear-shot. It's a cry for help by deeply insecure individuals. Perhaps if you'd given them a hug, it might have helped.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I remember someone at the Villa game who was repeatedly berating the Brighton players for being "so shit". This was strangely mainly in the first half which is when we played our best stuff.

You would have also thought Forster, just after he'd sliced a shot, had morphed into Scott McGleish, taken off his shirt to reveal pictures of Bill Archer, David Bellotti and Andy Johnson on his vest.

Someone dared say to him that we were playing quite well and that Forster was our top scorer and having a great season. He was then treated to some more vitriol and told that "when you've been to every away game this season, you can dare to question my opinion".

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Brighton fans moaning surely not we are usually all happiness and light and never get on the backs of players when they miss place 1 pass

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
3) The chap to my left, who called Dicker all manner of things throughout the match - "come on you useless wanker" and "get that useless twat Dicker off"

Withdean Wanker?

Who I notice has ONCE AGAIN vanished as we have started to play well, surprise surprise.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How can you knock any fan that make's the effort to go to an away game that involves a 10 hour trip...

Not saying they are right, however they are completly entitled to their opinion. That might not match yours, but they pay their money they can say what they want.. Least they made an effort to get up there....., unlike some of the keyboard warriors on here slating every single person's opinion.

Oldham looked poor yesterday, I thought we played some really good attractive football and it was well worth the trip.

Take off the blue and white stripped glasses for one second and you might actually see that we are currently halfway down the 3rd division of the football leagues in this country.. That means we aren't the best club in the land and yes we actually aren't that good in football terms.

Completly agree that we are improving and am really positive about the future with eveything that is going on.
I am as nuts about the albion as anyone else however some people especially on here seem to think that we are better than we actually are.... division 3 teams have divsion 3 standard players.... WE aren't actually that good.

So does that mean that these types of 'fans' will continue however we play until we are top of the Premier League? because anything less is shit and therefore worthy of abuse?

Looking at our recent results and performances would indicate that we are improving, reports say we are playing more attractive football to watch etc, so is abusing the players who have brough this about either justified or productive? (I would add what i have seen live has greatly improved but that would be my opinion rather than the general consensus)

And what would the abuse they were giving be like if we were still playing like we did earlier this season under Slade or when Smith was in goal (usually picking the ball back up out of it)

People say they have paid their money and therefore they can do what they like but is it really necessary, it detracts from the experience for everyone else around them, and can affect players and the teams performance. (eg. would Zamora have done better for us if instead of sing his name we all sat in the stands and abused him everytime he got the ball and then failed to score?)

Anyone ever considered that maybe why we have done so badly at home is partly due to the moaning, the abusing of players etc. which bring people down and makes them feel more unhappy? and that maybe we do better away from home because, in general, the fans sing and support the team rather than abuse the players. When we did well at home, the fans sang and supported the players but the last few seasons there has been a lot of abuse.

I just hope that next season, our last at Withdean, fans can forget how bad the stadium is and just get fully behind the team rather than moan if one of the players isn't a favourite of theirs, or abuse a player for a mis placed pass. Hopefully the teams results and performances will help this. Next season we should treat it like one big party to celebrate our leaving Withdean and heading to the promised land, Falmer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great post by Guy Fawkes there. Yes, they're entitled to their opinion but why do they have to impose their views on us?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How can you knock any fan that make's the effort to go to an away game that involves a 10 hour trip...

Not saying they are right, however they are completly entitled to their opinion. That might not match yours, but they pay their money they can say what they want.. Least they made an effort to get up there....., unlike some of the keyboard warriors on here slating every single person's opinion.

Blimey, working on that logic they'd be booing unless we were top of the prem and absolutely 100% perfect every week! Even then I bet they'd find something to moan about!

Yes, we ARE, in the wider scheme of things, a not-very-good football team filled with players who are unlikely ever to be bracketed with the likes of Pele, Matthews, Moore, Best, etc. And do you know what? We probably always be. So take off those "I demand perfection" spectacles and appreciate what we've got. That's not the same, btw, as mindlessly cheering no matter what crap is served up, but for heavens sake have a bit of perspective.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great post by Guy Fawkes there. Yes, they're entitled to their opinion but why do they have to impose their views on us?

I think everyone in the away end heard it. He chose the quietest times to bellow out his 'opinions'.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just adding (as someone who didn't go) yes I CAN knock someone who's made a ten hour round trip only to complain that our not-very-good team, were, well, not very good. (But still good enough to win). Why bother? What were they expecting? Brazil? Frankly I think those people are miserable ***** who would have been better off staying at home and giving the money they saved to Sport Relief.

Just my opinion!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, working on that logic they'd be booing unless we were top of the prem and absolutely 100% perfect every week! Even then I bet they'd find something to moan about!

Yes, we ARE, in the wider scheme of things, a not-very-good football team filled with players who are unlikely ever to be bracketed with the likes of Pele, Matthews, Moore, Best, etc. And do you know what? We probably always be. So take off those "I demand perfection" spectacles and appreciate what we've got. That's not the same, btw, as mindlessly cheering no matter what crap is served up, but for heavens sake have a bit of perspective.

Spot on. And we've been a LOT worse over the last 2-3 years than we are currently, so I think that perspective is needed also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here