Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaner watch.....

I just hate it when i sit with people who have such a bias view on things. I always love a great tackle or shot and if a foul goes against us, i accept it and just say ''it was a foul'' while everyone around is going nuts.

This. The group of us who stand behind the goal at Worthing are very much the same. Whilst we'll have the odd shouting for a penalty claim or berate the lino for offside, if it's a foul made by our player that was blatant, the majority will agree that it was, and if someones made a blatant dive usually some of us will just chuckle at how easily the player had conned the ref! We had a player sent off against Horsham YMCA at start of the month for fouling whilst being the last man, not a single person out of the 30 or so there complained-it was inevitable and we all knew it!!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
This. The group of us who stand behind the goal at Worthing are very much the same. Whilst we'll have the odd shouting for a penalty claim or berate the lino for offside, if it's a foul made by our player that was blatant, the majority will agree that it was, and if someones made a blatant dive usually some of us will just chuckle at how easily the player had conned the ref! We had a player sent off against Horsham YMCA at start of the month for fouling whilst being the last man, not a single person out of the 30 or so there complained-it was inevitable and we all knew it!!

Thissy this!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Most of the time with decisions that go against us, I scream and shout at the referee no matter what. Then turn to the person next to me and calmly give my opinion on what really happened, often saying it was the right decision. Surely we all do this?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Most of the time with decisions that go against us, I scream and shout at the referee no matter what. Then turn to the person next to me and calmly give my opinion on what really happened, often saying it was the right decision. Surely we all do this?

This is what I also do, but my point is how on earth can anyone watch Brighton nowadays and complain about our passing across the back instead of lumping it forward at every opportunity - I know we all have the right to voice our opinions but put simply we do not play like that anymore, the chap I referred to in the original post has been this season and so our style of play should not really surprise him. I just don't understand why anyone would go to the trouble of going to watch a game knowing how we play now to give it 10-15 minutes before moaning about it :shrug:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Absolutely - shouting at the ref is all part of the fun. Beats shouting at our own players. Who cares whether I believe what I'm shouting!! And actually at Withdean cos the players and officials can actually hear us from time to time I think it does all add to their pressure. All good fun.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Has anyone heard the old bloke near the back of C block who moans from start to finsh about EVERYTHING!!! You can see and hear others around him getting really annoyed and often tell him to stop whinging, especially as he does it even when we are winning!! Even during the Orient game he wasn't happy!! Think some people just need something to moan about and this bloke seems to want everyone around him know how he is feeling!!!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I found G block knowledgeable, supportive of the team, and heaven forbid, witty! Whatever happened to the humour at football ???

Are you at the back of G block? We did have that guy who wanted it lumped forward all the time but we all took the piss out of him until he stopped. This is the best way to deal with moaners imo, ridicule them until they understand.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
Block D had some bloke going on about homophobic chants all game was a bit funny the first time round but then just got boring.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Next time i hear the Chris Wood disser i'll do exactly that. And i'll publish exact details of his seat too! :lolol:

Any need really ?? We are always preached to about the freedom of free speech on this board, and yet if anything doesn't conform to the unwritten rules you get lambasted. Its his opinion whether right or wrong he is entitled to them.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
As frustrating as it may be, these people paid their own money and can have practically any opinion they want - I am not in favour of "outing" them or villifying them in any way. They make themselves look like tits, ignore them is much better.

Its the NSC ban culture going mad !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Has anyone heard the old bloke near the back of C block who moans from start to finsh about EVERYTHING!!! You can see and hear others around him getting really annoyed and often tell him to stop whinging, especially as he does it even when we are winning!! Even during the Orient game he wasn't happy!! Think some people just need something to moan about and this bloke seems to want everyone around him know how he is feeling!!!!

Do you mean the one that used to love shouting "come on coxy" :laugh:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Take a picture of them and post on here. Name and shame the long ball merchants!

You my friend are the OFFICIAL TWAT CONTRIBUTOR of NSC. I've been reading this board from when it started only recently starting to contribute, but all you get is BAN BAN BAN. It's a debating board and if you are really that fragile about other peoples comments, then go follow Rugby Union, its shake hands and love fests. I think you'll be more suited there !!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Are you at the back of G block? We did have that guy who wanted it lumped forward all the time but we all took the piss out of him until he stopped. This is the best way to deal with moaners imo, ridicule them until they understand.

No, down the front. And I think I'm going a bit mutton tbf :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here