Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Foxtrot oscar

......The fans are great. Another 1,800+ of us last night who watched that utter crap.
Am I still angry? Yes. Poyet can sling his hook if we don't get a win soon.
If the club were to do the right thing they should refund us our entrance fee, petrol & the cost of three packs of throat lozengers each.

Where were you?

One really poor game after a brilliant start and a not so great run of results. Come on, chill down a bit

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Its odd that when I was a kid on the east terrace, it was the younguns in the north stand that were optimistic, the middle aged in the east & west realistic who enjoyed a bit of a moan for a laugh and the old fellas in the east and west terraces who were just there to have a good moan, but nobody minded as they were funny with it. Now its the olduns and middle aged one's that are optimistic and the younguns enjoying a good moan. The only moan I have is that the younguns are stealing my birthright and they dont have the weathered wit that is so amusing. Now I have done the right of passage and so the younguns are stealing my right to moan...

That made me smile, but I think you are right. A lot of youngsters these days want instant success, if it doesn't happen they get bored very quickly, and move on. I completely understand the people who go to away games and witness some of our players apparent lack of interest, coming on here to have a moan. But those that are going on about Gus going, seriously need to have a look at themselves and decide whether they should possibly support Man City from the comfort of their armchair.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I was at the Withdean -the laughing stock ground of the league, on too many freezing, miserable, wet nights, where the drizzle soaked your pants and socks and you were left so numb that you couldn't help but moan quietly under your breath, but to yourself because you still had pride in your team who were in the gutter but looking at the stars.

I got a parking ticket at Gillingham.

I watched Jeff Wood in action.

Etc

So like i said you werent at watford then.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
One really poor game after a brilliant start and a not so great run of results. Come on, chill down a bit

Really? We havent won for 8 weeks conceeded 15 goals and scored 7, we havent scored in the last 4 games havent even created a clear cut chance in the last 4 games. I would consider not being chilled a perfectly normal reaction. Especially following Mr Poyets post match comments.

Things are getting worse performances are getting worse watford was horrible - I am certainly not chilled. But it takes allsorts i guess.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really? We havent won for 8 weeks conceeded 15 goals and scored 7, we havent scored in the last 4 games havent even created a clear cut chance in the last 4 games. I would consider not being chilled a perfectly normal reaction. Especially following Mr Poyets post match comments.

Things are getting worse performances are getting worse watford was horrible - I am certainly not chilled. But it takes allsorts i guess.

Yes, its called a poor run of form. It happens in football sometimes.

I guess you're one of the ones who got a little bit carried away with the start we made this season, and now we've dropped away from the top everythings turned into a "disaster". The more realistic amongst us were always looking at this as a season of consolidation. We're mid-table, which is where we'll probably finish. And thats fine by me.

And yes I was at Watford, before you ask.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I guess you're one of the ones who got a little bit carried away with the start we made this season, and now we've dropped away from the top everythings turned into a "disaster". The more realistic amongst us were always looking at this as a season of consolidation. We're mid-table, which is where we'll probably finish. And thats fine by me.

No not at all - not being relegated was my hope for this season - i am not so confident now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thankfully even with our recent poor run of form I still believe there are three worse teams than us this season. At least Pompey, Barnsley, Brizzle City, Coventry, Peterboro & Donny. If we can stay ahead of that lot we will stay up.

However we must not be complacent about it .

Watford was poor, and my concern is Poyet is going down the Adams and Salde route of playing players out of position even when there are no inj/suspensions. This is the first sign of a manager losing "it".

Witness Barnes playng as some pseudo wide midfielder/central midfielder over last few games. Calde at CB when Vincelot has said his best position is CB etc etc.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
This is our local team, we must support the club through thick and thin. We've got a fantastic stadium as a base and I for one think the only way is up.
Whoever is playing for us on that pitch we have got get behind them 100%.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

And in addition to this, and possibly even more important, is that Poyet is trying to develop a whole new style that he wants us to play (call it a football philosophy if you will) which I, for one, am signed up to long term. Sometimes this philosophy comes unstuck like at Watford and a few games before, but why can't the moaning 'fans' see the big picture. This is going to take time to get right, but when we do, watch us go. There is a real danger that Poyet will get fed up if the moaning continues and that would be a disaster.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
surely he is bigger and brave enough to stand some moaning or maybe he will threaten to throw his toys out of the pram and go home?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here