Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where is the double standard ?... Gaitlin has failed tests, Farah never has. If he fails a test then by all means jump all over him.
For this specific quote I'd be prepared to wager as much as 8 pence that Cram has previously doubted the cleanliness of 'clean' competitor A solely based on their association with 'dirty' coach B.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Slightly uncomfortable that half of athletics seems to be on Nike’s payroll for one reason or another so if they are running a dodgy academy, nobody with authority and knowledge to accurately challenge is getting any airtime. Gabby should be challenging them about their ties in any interview (though I’m loath to criticise as I’ve always been in love with her) or the BBC should insist that the interviewees are neutral.

With Sir Mo, this is like the Bradley Wiggins situation. I don’t know whether I should still like him or not. I don’t have much knowledge of drugs, drug testing or ways around drug testing and I don’t read the tabloids so I don’t see the insinuations. Just tell me. Is he bent or not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slightly uncomfortable that half of athletics seems to be on Nike’s payroll for one reason or another so if they are running a dodgy academy, nobody with authority and knowledge to accurately challenge is getting any airtime. Gabby should be challenging them about their ties in any interview (though I’m loath to criticise as I’ve always been in love with her) or the BBC should insist that the interviewees are neutral.

With Sir Mo, this is like the Bradley Wiggins situation. I don’t know whether I should still like him or not. I don’t have much knowledge of drugs, drug testing or ways around drug testing and I don’t read the tabloids so I don’t see the insinuations. Just tell me. Is he bent or not?
I'd say the likelihood is that Sir Mo could be benter than Sir Brad.

Team Sky walked up to 'the line' and inexplicably, occasionally, and completely unnecessarily, dangled a little toe over 'the line'.

It would appear Salazar drove straight through the line, the crash barrier, the warning signs until he eventually Thelma'ed off the cliff.
Now if his star athlete, the man that made Salazar's career, happened to be in the passenger seat, then he's going to be guilty of far far worse than a TUE infraction.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's not hard to understand why they adopted a different stance to Gatlin and Farah. Gatlin has been found guilty of taking banned substances, and been banned from athletics. Twice. Farah has never been caught, and is therefore innocent (unless and until he's proven guilty).

I see no double standards whatsoever.

Did Farah take banned substances/have infusions >50ml? I have no idea. Neither do you.

If he did, he deserves to have all his medals rescinded and to be pilloried, just like Gatlin.

You are correct in pointing out that Gaitlin is guilty and Mo is not. Watching the coverage yesterday, however, I couldn't help feel everyone was treating the latest news lightly.

Salazar is now a convicted drugs cheat after a 4 year investigation but Paula was saying that he 'Likes to push boundaries' and implying he had crossed a minor line. This isn't Dave Brailsford changing the odd mattress for a decent nights kip - The report indicating Salazar's guilt included rubbing testosterone cream in his sons leg to see how much they could do before it would show up as cheating in a amongst a host of other pharmaceutical experiments. Radcliffe breezily treated it like some kind of GCSE Chemistry Project for marginal gains. It clearly goes beyond that.

Gabby Logan gave Jon Ridgeon a hard time about crowds on Monday proving she can do a bad cop interview. The discussion yesterday was more like a PR exercise to the point they started banging on about the costs of the investigation like it was wasted on an associate of BoJo on a foreign trip. Mo is of course not guilty but Alberto Salazar most definitely is and he trained Mo for 6 years of his greatest successes. Why aren't they banging their drug cheat drum on this occasion for Salazar like they have others? Regarding Mo, Surely this warranted even some gentle questioning amongst themselves about appropriate associates and timelines (he worked with Salazar for 2 years after the allegations surfaced without even mentioning his other mate Jama Aden) as well as pointing out some conflicts of interest about those Nike Ambassadors who seem to be strangely defensive of this one particular coach that is on the same Nike payroll they are?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Help me out with the double standards bit - have Mo Farah and Justin Gatlin both been found guilty of similar doping offences? And doesn't Nike sponsor Gatlin?

Having had a look, I am genuinely shocked that Gatlin is on the same payroll as Cram.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is he bent or not?

As pointed out, Mo has never failed a drug test, however, he has drawn suspicion and - sticking to facts- by :

1. Turning from also ran to world beater at the age of 26. This was the same time that he met Alberto Salazar (convicted drug cheat), Jama Aden (potentially facing bird for EPO supply) and having a training partner caught on camera buying EPO.

https://honestsport.com/2017/08/11/revealed-sir-mo-farahs-training-partner-filmed-buying-epo-kenya/

2. Missing the doorbell with the testers. They were outside for 1 hour knocking every 10 mins. Easily done. Twice.

3. Training in drug tester free Kenya until the testers moved in.

4. Then trained in Ethiopia where they had no testers.

5. The doc who 'forgot' to record the injection he gave to Mo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/39627807

6.The USADA report where Mo had 83 times the recommended limit of vitamin D and said he was using prescription drugs without need.

Of course, this could all be entirely coincidental.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You are correct in pointing out that Gaitlin is guilty and Mo is not. Watching the coverage yesterday, however, I couldn't help feel everyone was treating the latest news lightly.

Salazar is now a convicted drugs cheat after a 4 year investigation but Paula was saying that he 'Likes to push boundaries' and implying he had crossed a minor line. This isn't Dave Brailsford changing the odd mattress for a decent nights kip - The report indicating Salazar's guilt included rubbing testosterone cream in his sons leg to see how much they could do before it would show up as cheating in a amongst a host of other pharmaceutical experiments. Radcliffe breezily treated it like some kind of GCSE Chemistry Project for marginal gains. It clearly goes beyond that.

Gabby Logan gave Jon Ridgeon a hard time about crowds on Monday proving she can do a bad cop interview. The discussion yesterday was more like a PR exercise to the point they started banging on about the costs of the investigation like it was wasted on an associate of BoJo on a foreign trip. Mo is of course not guilty but Alberto Salazar most definitely is and he trained Mo for 6 years of his greatest successes. Why aren't they banging their drug cheat drum on this occasion for Salazar like they have others? Regarding Mo, Surely this warranted even some gentle questioning amongst themselves about appropriate associates and timelines (he worked with Salazar for 2 years after the allegations surfaced without even mentioning his other mate Jama Aden) as well as pointing out some conflicts of interest about those Nike Ambassadors who seem to be strangely defensive of this one particular coach that is on the same Nike payroll they are?

As pointed out, Mo has never failed a drug test, however, he has drawn suspicion and - sticking to facts- by :

1. Turning from also ran to world beater at the age of 26. This was the same time that he met Alberto Salazar (convicted drug cheat), Jama Aden (potentially facing bird for EPO supply) and having a training partner caught on camera buying EPO.

https://honestsport.com/2017/08/11/revealed-sir-mo-farahs-training-partner-filmed-buying-epo-kenya/

2. Missing the doorbell with the testers. They were outside for 1 hour knocking every 10 mins. Easily done. Twice.

3. Training in drug tester free Kenya until the testers moved in.

4. Then trained in Ethiopia where they had no testers.

5. The doc who 'forgot' to record the injection he gave to Mo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/39627807

6.The USADA report where Mo had 83 times the recommended limit of vitamin D and said he was using prescription drugs without need.

Of course, this could all be entirely coincidental.

Hmm. Depressing reading. Can't argue with much of what you say. I'll be truly gutted if Mo has doped.

Sebastian Coe’s stance on Salazar displays a very British hypocrisy

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...erto-salazar-very-british-hypocrisy-athletics

Nailed it.

Yes, hypocrisy at its finest. It doesn't mean that Mo has doped of course. But there are certainly questions he needs to answer.

I'm off to have a little cry now.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hmm. Depressing reading. Can't argue with much of what you say. I'll be truly gutted if Mo has doped.

Yes, hypocrisy at its finest. It doesn't mean that Mo has doped of course. But there are certainly questions he needs to answer.

I'm off to have a little cry now.

Michael Johnson speaking after Hassans win summed it up for me. Fans are sick of drug cheats. If you are in anyway linked to someone else dodgy or do something, even the slightest infringement, then you are going to get it both barrels from doubters and rightly so IMO (and his obviously!). Why? Because we’ve seen it time and time again where angry protestations from so called clean athletes have proved to be crocodile tears as the cheats eventually get busted further down the line. It is little wonder therefore that Bradley Wiggins and Mo Farah are just two celebrated heroes where questions are still being asked to this day about their success because of unanswered questions. I followed the Lance Armstrong story for years until he was eventually busted. David Walsh was a lone voice, getting slated and threatened by sports biggest psycho and his cronies until the truth came out. Therefore, I’m a cynic about any sportsman or women who enjoys success with links to dodgy people and or unexplained infringements. Their conduct off the field is as important as on it. Sorry. But that’s the New Order and heaven help any who don’t follow the rules to the letter. Christ, entire countries are at it never mind individuals!!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I've always been suspicious of Paula Radcliffe's achievements. Don't want to get into racial stereotyping, but normally when I watch the London marathon, the African athletes are usually about 5 miles ahead of the nearest white person when the race winner crosses the line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always been suspicious of Paula Radcliffe's achievements. Don't want to get into racial stereotyping, but normally when I watch the London marathon, the African athletes are usually about 5 miles ahead of the nearest white person when the race winner crosses the line.
Yeah but they haven't stopped for a slash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mo believes the scrutiny he is currently under if fuelled by a 'racist media agenda - just like Hamilton and Sterling'.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
He is accusing the media of being racist after his ex coach is banned for anti doping violations.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope the Mods merge this thread.

I have.

Ironically I'm up at this ungodly hour on a Sunday so that I can fit in a long training run before my son's football match. I've been following the story of the Nike project and it saddens, but does not suprise me. Farah's going to have to suck up a lot more attention given what his former coach was up to, simple as that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have.

Ironically I'm up at this ungodly hour on a Sunday so that I can fit in a long training run before my son's football match. I've been following the story of the Nike project and it saddens, but does not suprise me. Farah's going to have to suck up a lot more attention given what his former coach was up to, simple as that.

100% this. Sorry Mo but you’re going to be viewed with suspicion for a very long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here