Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk stadium, fans and atmos!!!

Why?
We've got the same builders, not the same designers.
QUOTE]

but HOK also designed the following or new bits for the following:

Project
2008 Democratic Nat'l Convention
2009 NHL Winter Classic
2012 Summer Olympic Games
Anaheim Convention Center
ANZ Stadium
Arizona State Basketball Practice
Ascot Racecourse
AT&T Park
Autozone Park
Aviva Stadium
Bright House Field
Brit Oval
Busch Stadium
Club de Futbol Monterrey Stadium
Delhi Convention and Exhibition
Dubai Autodrome
Eden Park
Emirates Stadium
Estadio da Luz
Estadio Algarve
Etihad Stadium
Gillette Stadium
Grand River Center
Indiana U. Basketball Practice
Grand Stade de l'Olympique
Lyonnais
Great American Ball Park
Heinz Field
Hong Kong Jockey Club
Hong Kong Stadium
Iowa Events Center
Isotopes Park
Jacksonville Memorial Arena
King Alfred Development
Melbourne Cricket Ground
Nanjing Sports Park
Nationals Park
New Mexico Equestrian Facility

O2 World Arena, Berlin
Oklahoma State Fair Master Plan
Omaha Baseball Stadium
Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Oval Lingotto
Paetec Park
Penang Equestrian Centre
Penn State Beaver Stadium
Peoria Civic Center
Pepsi Center
PETCO Park
Phoenix Convention Center
PNC Park
Reliant Stadium
Skilled Park
Sprint Center
Suncorp Stadium
Super Bowl XLIII
Surprise Recreation Complex
Taipei Arena
Taipei Dome
The O2 Arena, UK
Univ. of Central Florida Arena
UConn Training Facility
U. of Michigan Wilpon Complex
Univ. of Minnesota Stadium
University of Missouri Arena
University of Oklahoma Stadium
Improvements
Univ. of Phoenix Stadium
U. of Washington Husky Stadium
Verizon Wireless Arena
Virginia Tech Lane Stadium
Wembley Stadium
Westpac Stadium
Wimbledon AELTC
Yankee Stadium

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Walking into the stadium i found the ground breath taking and got tingles as i imagined sitting in our very own stadium. The sun was shining, a healthy crowd and all the ingredients for a cracking atmosphere! Few problems though:

1. THERE FANS SUNG 1 SONG ALL GAME DEPSITE WINNING 2-0 AND BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS

2. I CAN'T STAND THAT TACKY MUSIC/CELEBRATING CRAP THEY PLAYED AFTER BOTH GOALS. You may as well get the announcer to say "we don't know how to create an atmosphere."

3. SO MANY 'MK FANS' WEARING THE WRONG TEAMS SHIRTS!

4. THEY MADE THE WHOLE OCCASION SEEM LIKE AN AMERICAN BASEBALL MATCH! PANTS!!!

However i wish i could see a pic of us fans singing we're the right side ect song, that was class. We showed how a football team should be supported and performance aside i felt privileged to be a brighton fan!

Discuss...

I agree on your fourth point, ive been to various Baseball games and it had a very similar atmosphere, no one there who were true fans (home obviously) and were just there for a day out, no songs were sang, and nothing but kids, good in a way but theres only so many 10 year olds i can stomach, i dearly hope Falmer wont wind up with a similar atmoshpere, or i'd rather stay at the withdean

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Walking into the stadium i found the ground breath taking and got tingles as i imagined sitting in our very own stadium. The sun was shining, a healthy crowd and all the ingredients for a cracking atmosphere! Few problems though:

1. THERE FANS SUNG 1 SONG ALL GAME DEPSITE WINNING 2-0 AND BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS

2. I CAN'T STAND THAT TACKY MUSIC/CELEBRATING CRAP THEY PLAYED AFTER BOTH GOALS. You may as well get the announcer to say "we don't know how to create an atmosphere."

3. SO MANY 'MK FANS' WEARING THE WRONG TEAMS SHIRTS!

4. THEY MADE THE WHOLE OCCASION SEEM LIKE AN AMERICAN BASEBALL MATCH! PANTS!!!

However i wish i could see a pic of us fans singing we're the right side ect song, that was class. We showed how a football team should be supported and performance aside i felt privileged to be a brighton fan!

Discuss...

I would put it down to a lack of passion for their club. Even though they used to be Wimbledon FC, that's only a legality. I wonder how many ex- Wimbledon fans bother to travel to MK for every game? not many i'll bet, they are effectively a new club in Milton Keynes with no history. Ok, we're not doing so well at the moment, but, like all the other clubs in this country, we have a history and our fans have Brighton FC flowing through our veins, 100+ years of history makes us, and other clubs' fans.... what we are today. No disrespect to the MK fans, but they don't have that, it's something that has to evolve over time in my opinion, and they'll get there....the club is only 5 years old after all.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
DSC00098.JPG

Architects/Albion Board/Buckingham take note - we've got to go into the corners!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
DSC00098.JPG

Architects/Albion Board/Buckingham take note - we've got to go into the corners!

Don't panic about the corners. Wolves and Stoke have two of the most atmospheric stadiums in the country, and neither have all the corners filled in.

Leicester and Middlesbrough, on the other hand, have completely enclosed grounds...yet are frequently like libraries.

B-Rad

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
dont even worry. i was in the opposite corner at the dons ground in a box and all the 'dons fans' did was copy a version of a brighton song into their own if they had one. they were embaressing. no atmosphere that end and i was wishing i was with u lot. great effort put in by us lot, u were all i cud hear, me and my Dad (also a brighton fan) were lovin the right side left side boys. great respect. cya at hereford.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say the atmosphere from the brightonfans was considerably better than at orient... That's what happens when you're that little bit further away from home..

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Wolves and Stoke have two of the most atmospheric stadiums in the country, and neither have all the corners filled in.

It would be marvellous if Stoke did fill in the north west corner though, it gets decidedly nippy in the away end when the wind is blowing!!

:glare:

and lets not be too dismissive about the atmosphere. after all our ground hardly rocks with atmosphere.

and of course it was a "family fun day" - hardly conducive to witty cross fan banter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here