Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk stadium, fans and atmos!!!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Walking into the stadium i found the ground breath taking and got tingles as i imagined sitting in our very own stadium. The sun was shining, a healthy crowd and all the ingredients for a cracking atmosphere! Few problems though:

1. THERE FANS SUNG 1 SONG ALL GAME DEPSITE WINNING 2-0 AND BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS

2. I CAN'T STAND THAT TACKY MUSIC/CELEBRATING CRAP THEY PLAYED AFTER BOTH GOALS. You may as well get the announcer to say "we don't know how to create an atmosphere."

3. SO MANY 'MK FANS' WEARING THE WRONG TEAMS SHIRTS!

4. THEY MADE THE WHOLE OCCASION SEEM LIKE AN AMERICAN BASEBALL MATCH! PANTS!!!

However i wish i could see a pic of us fans singing we're the right side ect song, that was class. We showed how a football team should be supported and performance aside i felt privileged to be a brighton fan!

Discuss...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Walking into the stadium i found the ground breath taking and got tingles as i imagined sitting in our very own stadium. The sun was shining, a healthy crowd and all the ingredients for a cracking atmosphere! Few problems though:

1. THERE FANS SUNG 1 SONG ALL GAME DEPSITE WINNING 2-0 AND BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS

2. I CAN'T STAND THAT TACKY MUSIC/CELEBRATING CRAP THEY PLAYED AFTER BOTH GOALS. You may as well get the announcer to say "we don't know how to create an atmosphere."

However i wish i could see a pic of us fans singing we're the right side ect song, that was class. We showed how a football team should be supported and performance aside i felt privileged to be a brighton fan!

Discuss...

You're comparing a football team with MK Dons and real football fans with the soccerball consumers of Milton Keynes.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I thought the Stadium was amazing & a little glimpse into the future. As for there fans .....well they have to start somewhere but it does seem inherantly wrong with the london shirt brigade

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Things they got wrong IMHO:

1. When the teams run out, it is polite to welcome BOTH teams, not just to say "welcome your Dons". At least it backfired in the second half when were were encouraged to welcome the Dons, only for the Albion to run out with the MKD players nowhere to be seen!

2. Surely they should be running busses to and from the local mainline stations, or at least into town. Having a stadium in the middle of nowhere should mean that this is a given. Even Reading can manage that!

3. The whole attempt to make the football a sideshow. The most cringeworthy being the "group hug" before kick off. Hope they failed in their attempt at a world record.

4. Their marketing is actually worst than ours. We met one of The Grub's cousins before the match, who lives just down the road and confessed to having been a few times before. He had no idea that there was a cheap deal on for the game, but was well chuffed that he only paid £13 for him and three kids!

5. Why was the bar closed at half time?

6. Goal celebration music. It has no place in football, as far as I'm concerned. The only time their fans made any noise and it was drowned out by the PA!

7. They just shouldn't exist. End of.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
its hard to know if one should join in when your stuck in the middle but i plumped for the right side as the left side had by far the chaviest supporters :lolol:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Discuss...

Spot on summary. We felt absolutely the same. 12 of us went via Euston/Bletchley with little more than indifference towards MK, and we all came away with a complete and utter dislike of what they have created. A soul-less, passion free, facility where off the shelf entertainment is expected. I felt proud that we sung in support of AFC, and the left-side-right-side chant was something to take pride in. Just a shame that we couldn't get 100% of our lot to join in. Loads of moaners behind and in front of us to sit down (it was a break in player for fecks sake!).

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I do agree with what people are saying in regards to american style baseball cap wearing fakeness to it all!

But I cannot agree with the comments of ' Breath taking & amazing' in regards to their staduim.

I have been to a few amazing, breath taking staduims...Millenuim Staduim, Wembley, Old Trafford, Staduim Of Light, Stadio Olympico (Roma's ground)....But that was far far shy of that. A well planned staduim, nice open plan when your walking to get a beer you can still see the pitch and with no unobstructed views it does make you excited about our staduim.

But I'd say that would slot nicely into the championship, along side your pride parks and liberty staduims.....which are far from amazing.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interestingly, stadium:mk was built by the Buckingham group.

They also built the most recent extension to Old Trafford and put the roof on the formerly uncovered stand at Fratton Park.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A well planned staduim, nice open plan when your walking to get a beer you can still see the pitch and with no unobstructed views it does make you excited about our staduim.

Why?

We've got the same builders, not the same designers.

I agree, though, that having been to Wembley, Borussia Park and the LTU Arena in the last month, I was rather underwhelmed.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In my list above, I missed out the fact that the stats page in their programme showed how they measured up against Bristol Rovers. :shrug:

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Has anyone got any vids of us fans singing or a link to one? I know there is one on facbeook but my p.c won't play facebook vids for some reason

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Why?

We've got the same builders, not the same designers.

I agree, though, that having been to Wembley, Borussia Park and the LTU Arena in the last month, I was rather underwhelmed.

Why did it make me excited - Simply down to the fact its a new ground and any fresh new ground makes me feel like 'I cant wait until im sat in our new ground really'

In terms of the design of it, I think ours will look nicer, the only dissapointing thing from my side about falmer is the single tear behind the goal, having a double is better imho

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
maybe its me, but apart from our football, I really enjoyed Saturday. I thought it was a fantastic ground, plenty of room, brilliant seats, good atmosphere, I thought the mascot race was funny ( especially when the cow went a over t) the view was superb, I didnt mind the music to be honest and the music played before the game was brilliant ( a bit of Led Zeppelin at a football ground!!!)

Shame we played shite as that was the only thing that ruined it for me.

I was originally against MKD and all it stood for, however seeing so many young kids there with their families sort of made me think that is what football is all about really.....OK some of it is old bastards crowing about the old days, being scinical and trying to be all misty eyed remembering fighting in the stands and when footballers played with fight and passion........but really its about youngsters and making the experience enjoyable for them.

It was a good day out ruined by a football pitch being plonked in the middle of a very nice sports arena on a sunny day. I would have rather watched the world earth worm collecting final than watched a team led by a slightly average ginger haired man who actually isnt really that good but it just sums up the entire season really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here