Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Reading the match reports from last nights game I noticed that MK Dons managed to take 87 supporters to Port Vale for a crucial match - poor old Danny Wilson, looks like the bottom division for them next season. Still at least it means we wont have to go to Milton Keynes IF we get relegated.

Would people have gone to MK or boycotted the match as happened before? Last time we played "Wimbledon" (At selhurst) I went to see AFC Wimbledon instead.

The only other time I can recal seeing Wimbledon v Brighton was a 0-0 draw at Plough Lane over Christmas/New Year one year and it was freezing - so cold the toilets were all frozen solid!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Having met a few Wimbledon fans at their game at Hastings last season I lost a lot of sympathy for them with their arrogant 'big fish in a small pond' attitude. I'd probably have gone to MK (if I went at all any more that is).

Dandyman

In London village.
Mr Blobby said:
Reading the match reports from last nights game I noticed that MK Dons managed to take 87 supporters to Port Vale for a crucial match - poor old Danny Wilson, looks like the bottom division for them next season. Still at least it means we wont have to go to Milton Keynes IF we get relegated.

Would people have gone to MK or boycotted the match as happened before? Last time we played "Wimbledon" (At selhurst) I went to see AFC Wimbledon instead.

The only other time I can recal seeing Wimbledon v Brighton was a 0-0 draw at Plough Lane over Christmas/New Year one year and it was freezing - so cold the toilets were all frozen solid!

I would have gone back to Kingsmeadow. The reception we got last time was wonderful.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: MK Dons

Dandyman said:
I would have gone back to Kingsmeadow. The reception we got last time was wonderful.
Certainly was. Free beer too. :drink:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was on Wivelsfield station when AFC beat Burgess last year, they behaved like complete arseholes.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
You don't have to like AFC Wimbledon but you do have to hate MK Dons. I hope this is the first of many relegations for them.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I would have gone as its near and a day out away from the drudgery that is my life

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
crasher said:
You don't have to like AFC Wimbledon but you do have to hate MK Dons. I hope this is the first of many relegations for them.

:clap: :clap:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Would most probably go to MK to watch the Albion.
Will never agree with what was done, but don't think it'll make a huge difference in the long run.
Watch their 'support' dwindle relegation after relegation.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
crasher said:

This would actually be their second relegation, wouldn't it? They were relegated from the Championship not long ago. Don't remember whether they were officially MK Dons at that stage though, if that's what you meant.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Yes, they were. They moved to Milton Keynes in about October of a season in the Championship (the year we got relegated under Coppout). Then, the next season they went down to League 1. Last season, they stayed up on the last day of the season, and that brings us nicely onto this season's dismal showing. At this rate, two more years until they are out of the league altogether:clap:

By then AFC Wimbledon will hopefully be in the conference at least or failing that even higher!!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
perth seagull said:
This would actually be their second relegation, wouldn't it? They were relegated from the Championship not long ago. Don't remember whether they were officially MK Dons at that stage though, if that's what you meant.

I stand corrected. Let's hope it's just the latest of many relegations.

Interesting to see at what point the greedy, ignorant, selfish, fwits who own MK Dons bail out. I hope they lose their shirts and then some.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
When they were relegated from the Championship they were playing in MK but were still officially known as Wimbledon. The name change came at the start of last season, so this will be their first relegation as the Dons.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Which makes me worried that if they do go out of the league some other team will be franchised so that they can play in that super stadium of theirs, who will be next I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here