Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons Vs Brighton and Hove Albion***Official Match Thread***

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nice 1 hon. Oh, & tell her it's an EMERGENCY! :annoyed:

she just popped in while I was making a tea while purring I'm sure she whispered to me trust in Gus or was that 2-1 to us either way its only half time

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just got in from work. Scanning the thread it doesn't sound very good. Hopefully start playing now I'm here. Cat is staring out the window currently, people watching but will hopefully start to show an interest in the commentary and come listen soon:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's fate, isn't it? When something becomes such an issue of contention it often blows up in the faces of someone. All the fans and gus going on about how great our football is, and how we're so great and running away with the division because we play great passing football like barcelona and arsenal, all because Steve Claridge said our style wouldn't work at a higher level.

One poster even emailed the bbc about claridge's comments.

Now we underperform today (so far), claridge will be able to sit smugly at his desk and point to our performance today. He won't acknowledge the performances v charlton, or peterborough, or portsmouth or watford or... whoever. He will back up his comment on the back of today's game "It's all well and good playing the ball around plymouth and bristol, but today they faced MK Dons, one of the better teams in league one, and they struggled, so how can you not see they will struggle in a better division?"

Fate often works this way when controversies abound. "So-and-So can't score away from home" followed by a hatrick for him, "The keeper may have good distribution, but he never saves penalties" followed by him saving two penalties, or whatever.

If we'd ignored Claridge's comments instead of bigging ourselves up (however deserved) the fates would be shining on us today, unfortunately they are not (yet).

What a load of superstitious drivel.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's fate, isn't it? When something becomes such an issue of contention it often blows up in the faces of someone. All the fans and gus going on about how great our football is, and how we're so great and running away with the division because we play great passing football like barcelona and arsenal, all because Steve Claridge said our style wouldn't work at a higher level.

One poster even emailed the bbc about claridge's comments.

Now we underperform today (so far), claridge will be able to sit smugly at his desk and point to our performance today. He won't acknowledge the performances v charlton, or peterborough, or portsmouth or watford or... whoever. He will back up his comment on the back of today's game "It's all well and good playing the ball around plymouth and bristol, but today they faced MK Dons, one of the better teams in league one, and they struggled, so how can you not see they will struggle in a better division?"

Fate often works this way when controversies abound. "So-and-So can't score away from home" followed by a hatrick for him, "The keeper may have good distribution, but he never saves penalties" followed by him saving two penalties, or whatever.

If we'd ignored Claridge's comments instead of bigging ourselves up (however deserved) the fates would be shining on us today, unfortunately they are not (yet).

yep I'll go along with that .................sometimes silence is GOLDEN

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

One poser even emailed the bbc about claridge's comments.

I would think that there was nothing further from the teams mind than Steve bleeding Claridge. In the same way that I doubt that Brighton and hove albion are uppermost in Mr Claridges thoughts at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do they teach MK Dungs fans the rules to football at half time of each match... just to get them up to scratch like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here