Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons – Best Tippy Tap in L1?!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
MK Dons boss Karl Robinson:

"We want to play a type of football where we retain the football more than the opposition, it's the best home record this club's ever had and the reason for that is that we retain the ball longer than any other team in this league, that's a fact.

"We have more passes and a better completion rate than any other team in his league."

BBC Sport - Football - Chairman Pete Winkelman to wait on MK Dons deals

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is he havin' a laugh ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
More passes and a better completion rate.....and you're still only 7th in the league. Well done MK:clap:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I actually quite like Karl Robinson, he seems like a decent guy. Here though, unfortunately for him, he is talking complete rubbish.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
At least Gus will have something to pin up in the dressing room at MK - and challenge his players to prove them wrong.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Retaining the ball is only part of it Mr Robinson, mkdons -2 goal difference shows you might want to do some work on your defence :shrug:

bethnalgreenblue

Feb 9, 2011
Bethnal Green, London
At least Gus will have something to pin up in the dressing room at MK - and challenge his players to prove them wrong.

Yeah, well, we'll see about this on the 26th won't we. I don't mind Robinson either, and he's a decent young manager in the Howe mould, and will be onto better things than MK Dons before long. But it doesn't matter how many passes they complete in the middle of the park, they're not going anywhere this season. They've lost 9 away from home for a start, the worst in the top 17.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know about best tippy tappy football but it's nice to see others in this division sing the virtues of a style of play that you want to see played at all levels, for the good of the game. Lets leave the monkey tennis to the Scottish leagues.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I caught a bit of the South Wales derby on the weekend and quite enjoyed the Cruyff turn the Swansea keeper pulled in his own area, with a Cardiff forward bearing down on him. It seems like this tippy tappy stuff is catching on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some harsh criticism, has anyone seen them play more than a couple of times (home game and tele)? They might play some good football and keep the ball who knows. It needs an end product though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here