Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk Dons Away - Would You Go

If we draw MK Dons awayin the League Cup woil you go....

• Yes of course - not go to an away game, are you mad, I always support my team whereverer they play

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Yes - a great opportinity to give Winkelman the grief he deserves

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Might do - the MK DOns thing is done and dusted - time to move on

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • No way - I object to franchising in football and will never go to MK regarddless of whose playing

Votes: 33 50.8%

• Total voters

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
went to the afc game last time as a protest against franchising of football. but now it is a one deal i would support the albion against any other bunch of f***ing northerners.
i will give my support to afc at horsham
and my support to the albion on any ground we play away.

Thanks to Ian Hart, the week before the Selhurst game, I was presented with the opportunity to debate this issue with Charlie Oatway, live on SCR.

What I said then remains my justification for going to Kingsmeadow rather than Selhurst. AFCW asked for our support. I gave it then and I would give it again. For me, it was never a boycott. It was always a show of solidarity with AFCW.

Things have now moved on. AFCW are on the up. The franchise organisation is on its way out. If it was a League Cup match away, I'd probably not bother. But I didn't go to Ipswich either.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't do many away games if I'm honest, so I would probably not bother.

However, I would like to see a big turn out give Winkelman the bird in the same way I enjoyed the day telling Guterman where to go at Wrexham.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I went to MK last season. We won 1-0 (in the pissing rain). A result which helped to relegate the MK Dons to the Second Division (or whatever they are calling it now).

I noted with interest that many of you boycotted your game in Milton Keynes in 2002/03. Which was all well and good at the time. But they stayed up. And you went down.

From my point of view, the best way to oppose any other football club is to support your team against them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I went to MK last season. We won 1-0 (in the pissing rain). A result which helped to relegate the MK Dons to the Second Division (or whatever they are calling it now).

I noted with interest that many of you boycotted your game in Milton Keynes in 2002/03. Which was all well and good at the time. But they stayed up. And you went down.

From my point of view, the best way to oppose any other football club is to support your team against them.

They were still playing at Selhurst then.

All the time they still played in London, and even played under the name of Wimbledon in exile in Milton Keynes - I guess I would go to support the Albion at a push.

But now thats really it, unless it was a Grimsby situation.

I can't face going to a new club which has stolen its league position off another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here