Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mixing Batteries

Right, you know how "they" say that you shouldn't mix batteries with different 'use-by-dates'?

Is this just a ruse by the battery companies to make you buy more batteries or will my electrical appliances explode if I mix dates?

I've got one odd battery and nothing that uses just one battery!

Ta

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
captainmorganrum said:
Right, you know how "they" say that you shouldn't mix batteries with different 'use-by-dates'?

Is this just a ruse by the battery companies to make you buy more batteries or will my electrical appliances explode if I mix dates?

Ta
Sell it on ebay

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
captainmorganrum said:

Ta

Question: Does electricity know what brand or date it is?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Mixing Batteries

pasty said:
Yes, yes it does:p

I like to take a multi-cultural approach to battery usage. I mean how dull must it be for batteries to spend their entire lives with only their own kind for company?

From manufacture to packaging to transport to usage without ever meeting a battery thats a little bit "different" to themselves.

desprateseagull said:
what happened (gonna regret asking this..) to the other old batteries? rarely sold in singles..

I'm glad you asked me that!
:)
Well, we bought a pack of 8 batteries, 2 went in one thing, 2 went in another, and then my little 6-month old lad had a musical thingummybob that needed 3 batteries, three I ask ya?

So there is now one lonely battery!
:down:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
captainmorganrum said:
I'm glad you asked me that!
:)
Well, we bought a pack of 8 batteries, 2 went in one thing, 2 went in another, and then my little 6-month old lad had a musical thingummybob that needed 3 batteries, three I ask ya?

So there is now one lonely battery!
:down:

So buy two more from the same brand with teh same date for the musical thingy for when he runs it out? :jester:

Ahh, if only life was that easy MYOB.

You see, this eight pack was bought some time ago, so I reckon I'd not be able to purchase another pack with the correct date.

This single battery is doomed to lie in the bottom of the draw.....FOR EVER!
:ohmy:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
captainmorganrum said:

utter, utter bollocks. its not clever to put a new single new battery in with an old one, but thats because it will loose charge far quicker.

Re: Re: Mixing Batteries

beorhthelm said:
utter, utter bollocks. its not clever to put a new single new battery in with an old one, but thats because it will loose charge far quicker.

It all balances out - the new one may lose charge quicker, but the old one will still do its' job and the device would still keep going until there's no charge left to use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here