Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's astonishing how easily he gets in behind, in really dangerous areas and then seems to have an age to pick out a pass.
Must have done it 4 or 5 times already.

He seems to be getting a great understanding with Leo over the last couple of games.
Hopefully they will be delivering a hatful of goals this season
£100m strike partnership is better than an £80m striker :D

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's astonishing how easily he gets in behind, in really dangerous areas and then seems to have an age to pick out a pass.

He seems to be getting a great understanding with Leo over the last couple of games.
Oh agreed. When he goes towards the touchline, I'm convinced his next touch will be a cross with his left, but his acceleration and control mean that, more often than not, there are further touches enabling him to execute a better cut-back.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
He’s going to be the next lazy media link with a ‘dream move’ to ‘insert top 6 club name’.
They’ll say “Chelsea”, the British press don’t put a lot of effort in.

I am genuinely excited by Mitoma. Less raw than Enciso, better end product than Solly, same attacking drive as Tross with at least equal skill. We have a great player with us, long may it continue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just had to Google to remind myself of the transfer fee we paid just 15 months ago: 2.5m. Incredible bit of scouting for a player that has hit the ground running as far as the PL is concerned.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It was one of many comments on a YouTube thread. There seemed to a fair few comments from Japanese fans so better chance it wasn't bull
His degree was in Physical Education (multiple sources online) so it would make perfect sense.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They’ll say “Chelsea”, the British press don’t put a lot of effort in.

I am genuinely excited by Mitoma. Less raw than Enciso, better end product than Solly, same attacking drive as Tross with at least equal skill. We have a great player with us, long may it continue.
Agreed. That's bound to be the link. Beginning to wonder though, regardless of the players' merits, whether Potter will want to look to us for signings. It'd feed into the narrative already growing that he's not big enough for the club - probably needs to be going in for a few names from the the big-hitters, even if they're youngsters rather than established stars.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Mitoma was a student at University of Tsukuba, one of the best universities in Japan, and for his graduation thesis he analyzed the mechanism of dribbling past an opponent!
So you can teach yourself to be a top Premier League footballer then?

Where did I put my boots?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seeing the highlights he is a very serious and focused person.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I remember looking at Undav's goals last season and seem to remember what happened on Saturday was a repeated occurrence. Mitoma hitting the byline and pulling back to Undav on the edge of the 6 yard box. Seems so simple once you've got a player talented enough to make that run - he bursts past defenders so easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here